Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Lighthouse: The Age of Destiny, the Age of Ruin (OOC Thread. Game Started!)  (Read 20847 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reserved.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

The world intrigues but ultimately the mercenary character thing does not.  :-\

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*Jaw drops at the amount of lore and dedication that has been put into this game*

Making character sheet... When will sign ups close?

This is a brilliant concept, by the way. Did you make it yourself?

Is illuminator's disease cancer?

Theoretically, could a Drogue Arbiter cast off the parts of it that go insane, purifying their sanity but producing an insane creature?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 02:28:15 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Taki Fe' Reuh (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:23:15 am by Pencil_Art »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Dropping a sheet here for future editing (because I have total net troubles)! Also, thanks for the PM Draignean! :D
...And I -like- how you made the OP picture blend in...though only in the Darkling forum format :P (unless...the grey is actually 'transparent'), in which kudos in general!

New Sheet Posted!

* Tiruin bops with silliness :P
A mercenary is more than a soldier for hire. It's a way of life (which pretty much encompasses the limitations of profession). Just depends how you spend it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 12:15:55 am by Tiruin »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Note that being a mercenary doesn't just mean you're hired to go around killing people. You're an operator for hire, and what kind of operator is entirely up to you. Hell, you could be part of a team of impartial negotiators who defuses disputes where the locals are too intransigent to naturally resolve the problem, and the involved nations either don't have the time, or the problem is beneath their immediate concern.

Mercenary is essentially a boon for me. It's a good reason for the party to stick together and continue to do things, instead of having one character get bored and leave the party to spend the next six months attempting to catalog mutation strains in the stormlands.   

Making character sheet... When will sign ups close?

This is a brilliant concept, by the way. Did you make it yourself?

Is illuminator's disease cancer?

Theoretically, could a Drogue Arbiter cast off the parts of it that go insane, purifying their sanity but producing an insane creature?

The captain will be selected, at the earliest date, next Saturday. That deadline might get an extension if someone is still working and I feel generous. Signups will continue even after that while the captain selects his/her crew.
At minimum, signups are open for a week, but it's more likely to take a week-and-a-half.

Thanks, and yes, the lore is my own stuff. A few small components have been recycled from my earlier work, but, for the most part, it's shiny and new.

Illuminator's disease isn't limited to just cancer, but yes. Internal malignancies are the most frequent cause of death in old illuminators.

As to the last, no. A Drogue isn't aware of the parts of it that contribute what pieces of its mind, not anymore than a human is able to tell which grams of its grey matter are responsible for a fear of heights or an enjoyment of pastries. Even if it were, the specific control of an individual unit of the Drogue construct is not something that most Drogue are able to do. Individual drogue units don't have the intelligence to go insane themselves (how does a cockroach even begin to experience megalomania), they'll behave as extensions of the construct until the end.

Dropping a sheet here for future editing (because I have total net troubles)! Also, thanks for the PM Draignean! :D
...And I -like- how you made the OP picture blend in...though only in the Darkling forum format :P (unless...the grey is actually 'transparent'), in which kudos in general!

NP, and yeah, that's a transparency layer. It sticks to anything. :)

EDIT:

Spoiler: WIP (click to show/hide)

The battle mastery tree is separate from the weapon proficiency tree, so you have to purchase Battle Sense before Combat Expertise. Also, Cadet Training doesn't make you nearly as good as you were in your biography. If you're playing it so that your injuries debilitated you and you're now a shadow of your former ability, that's fine, but otherwise... You're good, but you're not that good.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:47:21 am by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Probably shoulda announced it a little earlier, but me too :p

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Note that being a mercenary doesn't just mean you're hired to go around killing people. You're an operator for hire, and what kind of operator is entirely up to you. Hell, you could be part of a team of impartial negotiators who defuses disputes where the locals are too intransigent to naturally resolve the problem, and the involved nations either don't have the time, or the problem is beneath their immediate concern.
Mmm, that does sound potentially interesting. I might make a character for this is I feel up to it. There is quite some material to dig through after all.

EDIT: The fuck is a pseudoman?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:33:43 am by Demonic Spoon »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Couldn't an Arbiter restore a Bale's memory by casting "restore memory"?

Also, you spelled "Gandalf" wrong in the "Character Sheet" section.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:16:37 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Arbitromancy
As a rule of thumb, three times the spell tier is the average amount of focus used for an Avernomantic spell.

What the what.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:25:13 am by Demonic Spoon »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Replying via phone, so bear with me. Avernomancy is a typo there, it should be arbitomancy.

I'll fix Gandalf when I can get to a computer, not sure how I missed that.

As to memories, no. Destroying a memory is straightforward, as is fabricating a false one. Restoring one, however, is practically impossible. Arbitomancy is fueled by intent, which is why it can go awry if an errant thought interferes. When destroying a memory, the arbiter believes that the subject has no memory of x. When creating one, the arbiter imagines a scene and believes that the subject remembers it. When restoring a memory, there is no specific intent. The arbiter has no idea what the subject should remember, and thus cannot hope to recreate the memory. Instead, they create a false memory based on what they expect/want the subject to remember. This is, needless to say, very bad.

Edit: pseudoman, like pseudopod, except with hands not feet.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:07:10 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could a psion restore memories?

I have some niggling suspicions you can do some pretty crazy things with the magic system(s) if you're smart about it. Really, it makes we wonder why there aren't any airships?

But from your description Arbitromancy, using it to divine information would not be possible? A shame since that was something I had some vague ideas to use pretty heavily.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile

Attempting a Character sheet if there is still room when I'm done.  I just have to skim through everything first, then make a character sheet, then rewrite everything because of a technical aspect that I missed the first time, then reread through everything again, decide that I want a different character entirely and then go back to my first idea because it was too much work.

Spoiler: Rol (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 08:12:04 pm by MrVoid »
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could a psion restore memories?
Perhaps, but they aren't saying.

I have some niggling suspicions you can do some pretty crazy things with the magic system(s) if you're smart about it.
That's the idea.

Really, it makes we wonder why there aren't any airships?
There aren't?

But from your description Arbitromancy, using it to divine information would not be possible? A shame since that was something I had some vague ideas to use pretty heavily.
No, looking forwards in time doesn't work so well. The Fanai tried it and foresaw their inevitable triumph. Turns out predicting the future via belief has a pretty heavy confirmation bias.

---
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15