Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3218 3219 [3220] 3221 3222 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124568 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #48285 on: August 26, 2016, 02:29:13 pm »

Couple is in this case 20 non-active military unmooded dwarves.

Artifact anything never wears down, and building destroyers destroy buildings by wear, typically. Multiple building destroyers can target 1 furniture piece at the same time, too, so having one makes it relatively easy to get them where you want them, when you want them, and hit them with whatever you want, where them may be werebeasts, trolls, titans...

(Of course, you can also set it on fire for a smoke trap for smoked trolls, though that costs FPS.)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #48286 on: August 26, 2016, 04:46:23 pm »

Having interesting times being in a resurrecting good biome. Corpses of the dead will reanimate, transform into a fairy and then back into their original creature. Sometimes. An elf merchant I slaughtered got back up once, we put him down again, and he got back up a third time without transforming and suffocated due to lack of a head (He had been decapitated.) Not sure how that's supposed to work.

There was a cow calf we butchered. Some part of her upper body reanimates again after butchery and can then be stabbed and butchered again after transforming back into a cow. Now an adult, too. Same with the elves' pack animals. Strangely, the reanimated animal body parts that were butchered do not count as the same historical figure. Presumably because they're a body part of the creature that happened to be fit for resurrection, not the creature itself.

But hey, cheap infinite beef!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #48287 on: August 26, 2016, 05:07:46 pm »

Having interesting times being in a resurrecting good biome. Corpses of the dead will reanimate, transform into a fairy and then back into their original creature. Sometimes. An elf merchant I slaughtered got back up once, we put him down again, and he got back up a third time without transforming and suffocated due to lack of a head (He had been decapitated.) Not sure how that's supposed to work.
Is any part of the syndrome permanent? That might be the problem.

My resurrection interaction that contains two syndromes - one does the transform heal, the other makes the creature not age.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #48288 on: August 26, 2016, 05:35:37 pm »

There was a cow calf we butchered. Some part of her upper body reanimates again after butchery and can then be stabbed and butchered again after transforming back into a cow. Now an adult, too. Same with the elves' pack animals. Strangely, the reanimated animal body parts that were butchered do not count as the same historical figure. Presumably because they're a body part of the creature that happened to be fit for resurrection, not the creature itself.

But hey, cheap infinite beef!

Wow, I didn't realize good regions could have "good" regional stuff.
Now I might try a fort in a good region. Never attempted it before.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #48289 on: August 26, 2016, 06:14:00 pm »

My resurrection interaction that contains two syndromes - one does the transform heal, the other makes the creature not age.

That'd explain it. Never thought of that, either.

Also, good regions dont have interactions by default. I modded them in. Basically just a quick edit of the example evil interactions in the examples folder.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #48290 on: August 26, 2016, 06:32:36 pm »

Also, good regions dont have interactions by default. I modded them in. Basically just a quick edit of the example evil interactions in the examples folder.

Darn, I was excited for a second there. Ah well.

The temple fort is going well enough. Tons of mercenaries showing up, and I've done most of the stuff I want to do. I'll probably retire it soon and visit in adventure mode.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #48291 on: August 26, 2016, 07:41:09 pm »

Don't worry yourself, I've spent days trying to stick resurrection interactions into succession fortress raws in order to bring everyone who has ever died back to life.

Daris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48292 on: August 27, 2016, 10:11:58 pm »

One of my hammerdwarves feels satisfied after realizing the worthlessness of truth.  No idea how he came to this realization or why.  His thoughts don't reveal him reading any books lately, and I don't have any books about the worthlessness of truth.  Mystery!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #48293 on: August 28, 2016, 01:00:08 am »

Probably got into an argument.

My little resurrecting fort has a nice wall and 3-tile moat around it now. Nothing is getting in. Although its unlikely anything will show up either.
And after going through the front gate, intruders have to pass through the tiger pens, just to be safe.
I make Spellcrafts!

Fahgo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48294 on: August 28, 2016, 05:07:35 am »

Having had my fort lose most of its population due to a weregecko infestation (150 down to about 12) and having to retire and reclaim the fort due to the caravan bug, I'm finally able to start getting it back on its feet. Population got back up to 43. Corpses were being cleaned up. The mountains of discarded clothes are being reduced. But of course... another weregecko outbreak. Not so bad this time... only 7 Dorfs lost. The only remaining weregecko Dorf is a metalsmith who is currently walled in and possessed (caused major lag and FPS drop when he turned last full moon), probably about to go mad. Some more migrants have boosted the population up to 50. Getting very fed up with weregeckos though. They seem to be the bane of this fort.  :-\

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48295 on: August 28, 2016, 06:12:35 am »

Winecave had its first artifact created today, by no one less than a four-year-old child. It turned out to be a donkey bone mace studded with gems, so I gave it to my hammerer to reduce the number of accidental hammering deaths in the future.

Then I saw the following on the child's status screen:

She dreamed of creating a great work of art, and that dream was fulfilled.

A little heartwarming tale in a fortress where one-twentieth of the population died a snake-related death.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48296 on: August 28, 2016, 06:28:00 am »

I have so much nervous tissue and scales clogging up the refuse pile it's forced me to expand my butchering industry years in advance. It's almost enough to make me regret hooking up my waterworks directly to the river.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #48297 on: August 28, 2016, 12:15:10 pm »

I have so much nervous tissue and scales clogging up the refuse pile it's forced me to expand my butchering industry years in advance. It's almost enough to make me regret hooking up my waterworks directly to the river.
I dump nervous tissue and scales into an atom smasher to make room in refuse stockpiles. As far as I know scale, and things like feathers or nails are useless, and nervous tissue and cartilage definitely are useless and in my experience take a while to decompose.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48298 on: August 28, 2016, 01:21:06 pm »

I just tend to dump em all into a 1 tile pit I have down the middle of every fort that ends in the magma ocean.  Caged invaders, nobles and people I don't like go in there as well
Nom nom nom

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #48299 on: August 28, 2016, 02:26:38 pm »

I dump nervous tissue and scales into an atom smasher to make room in refuse stockpiles. As far as I know scale, and things like feathers or nails are useless, and nervous tissue and cartilage definitely are useless and in my experience take a while to decompose.
How do you sort that out from useful stuff? I built a diagonal minecart magma incinerator, but am left askance for input stockpile.
Pages: 1 ... 3218 3219 [3220] 3221 3222 ... 3842