Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2233 2234 [2235] 2236 2237 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096001 times)

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #33510 on: March 12, 2014, 11:07:39 pm »

I haven't looked at this thread in a while.

City Laborfords, Late Winter 240; 136 135 beards, 1 berserker

So much fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

Much less worried about the continued survival of the fort now that I know dwarves who've made artifacts are immune to insanity. Unfortunately, the Avatar of MrWillsauce did not have time to make an artifact and is now melancholic. Ah well!

And the berserker is fresh. Haven't even unpaused from the recenter announcement.
At least let me suicide in a really brutal way (I know I probably died a long time ago).

Nah, I haven't touched Laborfords since that post. Probably shan't until this winter-induced fatigue blows over. You're alive... for now.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33511 on: March 12, 2014, 11:10:28 pm »

Winter-induced fatigue? Are you a bear?

Drewigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33512 on: March 12, 2014, 11:14:04 pm »

Loyalty cascade.
Strike the earth!

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33513 on: March 12, 2014, 11:16:36 pm »

Nah, clinically depressed and strongly suspect that the severity of the depression is seasonally linked. I'd like to hibernate, though. Winter is dark and cold and nasty.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33514 on: March 12, 2014, 11:17:29 pm »

Nah, clinically depressed and strongly suspect that the severity of the depression is seasonally linked. I'd like to hibernate, though. Winter is dark and cold and nasty.
Come to Florida! It's never cold or dark here, although the humidity and mosquitoes can get kinda nasty.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33515 on: March 12, 2014, 11:30:32 pm »

I thought there was something familiar about you, Lielac...

The depression can indeed be seasonally linked to an extent, but not directly per se. I'm assuming that winter is the 'bad' season, hence also assuming that summer would be the 'good' season, so try keeping warm (about 28, 29 degrees Celcius, or 82-84 Fahrenheit) and stay in places that are well lit (with white light, not dirty yellow light like an old bulb about to blow). It won't cure it, gods know, but it may... help.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33516 on: March 13, 2014, 02:57:01 am »

Oddly enough, that kind of depression is called SAD.

And back on topic, here is my latest artifact:
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33517 on: March 13, 2014, 03:14:58 am »

The Fort Horrorbloods founded by The Dead Mirrors reached a point where it's completely self sustaining,
people remain happy despite me occationally loosing a handful dorfs to various reasons.
Still noone blows a fuss about it. In regard of basics the fort has everything a fort needs. Still.

I need something to make the Forts name worth wearing but my imagination is rather low.
I have a dropchute of insta gibbage and the entrance makes a rather large mess out of visitors
but that was it about, need something more.... fancy...

fortydayweekend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33518 on: March 13, 2014, 03:35:44 am »

The Fort Horrorbloods founded by The Dead Mirrors reached a point where it's completely self sustaining,
people remain happy despite me occationally loosing a handful dorfs to various reasons.
Still noone blows a fuss about it. In regard of basics the fort has everything a fort needs. Still.

I need something to make the Forts name worth wearing but my imagination is rather low.
I have a dropchute of insta gibbage and the entrance makes a rather large mess out of visitors
but that was it about, need something more.... fancy...

Let some of the visitors in and fight them in the hallways?
The Sea Lamprey bites the Miner in the lower left back teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33519 on: March 13, 2014, 04:32:07 am »

Doing that all the time already. Even without dangerroom and with replacing the occational lost soldier
with a peasant the Gobbos are generally no match for my 15 heads. Nah. that's to easy.
And i even dont tell my beards what armour or weapon to pick, they each choose for themself.
Makes life easier.

fortydayweekend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33520 on: March 13, 2014, 05:00:21 am »

Doing that all the time already. Even without dangerroom and with replacing the occational lost soldier
with a peasant the Gobbos are generally no match for my 15 heads. Nah. that's to easy.
And i even dont tell my beards what armour or weapon to pick, they each choose for themself.
Makes life easier.

Yeah trained dwarves are just too good. But you can also just leave the caverns open and let things wander in, so your civilians get a chance to fight / stain the hallways too :)

Or are you thinking more of some goblin-killing megaconstruction?
The Sea Lamprey bites the Miner in the lower left back teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Koremu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33521 on: March 13, 2014, 05:22:23 am »

Take Vitamin D supplements.
It's a dwarf.  Their natural habitat is "trapped on the wrong side of a wall".

Flinging children halfway across the map to land in magma is good, wholesome fun, but extramarital reproduction?  Why, that's just unseemly!

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33522 on: March 13, 2014, 11:00:04 am »

First season, Blizzard men attack. Conscripts kill them, but one suffers a broken shoulder. So glad we have an aquifer right now.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33523 on: March 13, 2014, 11:09:00 am »

Yeah trained dwarves are just too good. But you can also just leave the caverns open and let things wander in, so your civilians get a chance to fight / stain the hallways too :)

Or are you thinking more of some goblin-killing megaconstruction?
Open caverns are so... meh..... got a dozen naked mole dogs into the fort this way. More
annoyance than threat even for civillians, they just kept causing cancellation jobs.

I am thinking on some construction, something out of the ordinary but thats where my mind gets blank,
the basic setup works well, probably to well. xD

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33524 on: March 13, 2014, 12:16:30 pm »

"The Dead Mirror" and you want to construct?  Hmmm...Maybe mirrored 20z level tall towers designed to look like skeletons or skulls flanking your gateway.  Plenty of options to have glowing eyes or fire breath. 

Or design a machine that kills prisoners two at a time, simultaneously.

Or build a structure out of glass in the shape of a mirror.  Pretend its focusing the sun's rays.  Build a magma spout where you think it would focus.  Build an office there.  Meet with trade delegations.

I don't know.  That's what I came up with.
"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."
Pages: 1 ... 2233 2234 [2235] 2236 2237 ... 3842