Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1866 1867 [1868] 1869 1870 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124456 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #28005 on: February 27, 2013, 05:40:06 pm »

Life continues in Bladechambers.
Beowulf cry your eye muscles out. The woodcutter and her axe, the amber from the well. The child born in strife and the saviour of them all.

You got yourself a legend.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28006 on: February 27, 2013, 09:53:45 pm »

A miller got bitten by a werehorse, so I've put a burrow in the hospital and set a squad to defend it.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28007 on: February 28, 2013, 11:45:49 am »

All clothes that are showing any wear are being thrown into the volcano. Before this began we had over 10 times as much clothes as needed. There was more footwear in the fort than stone. Most of it came off of the regular goblin and elf ambushes.

On a related note, I wish there was a way to select clothes for dumping based on wear instead of going through the stocks dumping each item individually.

Thermi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28008 on: February 28, 2013, 12:33:35 pm »

Ravens suicide-walk into my trap filled entrance and hence get slain immediately. More Corpses to AS.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28009 on: February 28, 2013, 01:39:05 pm »

After I gave up all hope on my old fort, I decided to start a new fort with orcs.
A siege of frogmen attacked to test them.
My military was composed of 3 armored and actually armed orcs, 7 orcs with nothing but a shield and a rock maul, and another squad had a single archer with tomahawks. The elf fanatics were also there to help. (They're like evil elves, but cooler.)
There were many casualties.
On their side.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28010 on: February 28, 2013, 02:01:37 pm »

I got the action I wanted... A blind cave ogre tore my best cook's arm off and then punched him to death. One of my swordsdwarves and a war leopard won't stop vomiting after an attack by a giant, winged, poison-spewing shrimp. And lastly my baroness (who is also my best soldier) had her left arm bitten off by a jabberer.

Setting up an enclosure for this troll that I caged. I'll throw him victims and call him George.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow dwarf is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded dwarf shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28011 on: February 28, 2013, 03:47:19 pm »

One of my swordsdwarves and a war leopard won't stop vomiting after an attack by a giant, winged, poison-spewing shrimp.

Thats because hes a sworddwarf, real dwarves use Hammers, Axes, Crossbows, and maces. Pretty much anything but swords, NO SWORDS FOR DORFS, GOT IT!? >:(
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28012 on: February 28, 2013, 03:49:08 pm »

One of my swordsdwarves and a war leopard won't stop vomiting after an attack by a giant, winged, poison-spewing shrimp.

Thats because hes a sworddwarf, real dwarves use Hammers, Axes, Crossbows, and maces. Pretty much anything but swords, NO SWORDS FOR DORFS, GOT IT!? >:(
Swards are cool, I use them as my primary recruit weapon, because it has a good mix of everything. Maces are the undwarvenly weapons, real dwarves use hammers.

StubbornAlcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28013 on: February 28, 2013, 03:50:41 pm »

Gorgeclashed's miners dug into the deeper caverns and found Adamantine. They also found Blind Cave Ogres.

Somehow one of the big sods sneaked into my fort through a tunnel, but the weirdest thing was I just found it dead on a stairwell. I presume he ran into one of my squads and got killed or something, but quite perplexing since my fort was wide open with no traps there at all :\

Meanwhile the King arrived with his entourage. I'm now trying to build enough fancy burial chambers and the like for all my picky nobles!

Fishybang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28014 on: February 28, 2013, 03:52:02 pm »

Swards are cool, I use them as my primary recruit weapon, because it has a good mix of everything. Maces are the undwarvenly weapons, real dwarves use hammers.

And thats why i said hammers first, maces are used only as emergency weapons, swords are for the weak and undwarvenly!
Quote from: AustralianWinter
Rakust finished her design - a skirt called "Clambreaks". I am not touching the woman, ever. And I'm not talking to her either.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28015 on: February 28, 2013, 03:56:11 pm »

Axe - They fell trees, and thus are the best tool for dispatching the knife-ear menace.

Hammer - Need that to make other weapons and armor, a truly dorfy weapon.

Crossbow - Can provide sustenance so long as it has ammo.

Sword, spear, mace- Built not to fell wood and elf, hammer skull or metal, or fell invader or food. These are implements of war, through and through. While humans, elves and goblins may bring bigger ones to the fight, none can match those of dwarvish make.

In the end, all are true weapons of the dwarves when made by the fortresses who field them.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28016 on: February 28, 2013, 04:03:15 pm »

In my fifteen year fort I caught a male minotaur in the first three years and promptly forgot him in my stockpile. Every once in a while I would look back, see him in there, and think of a few ways to use him. I would promptly forget again when something important to my fortress's survival came up, until today- when I caught a female minotaur.

I am currently fiddling with the raws to enable megabeast breeding.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Ianflow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28017 on: February 28, 2013, 05:26:04 pm »

I breached my first ever cavern when playing a fort
After having done about 6 forts, all practice I guess

Last game I had a militia ready, and I have no militia. This cavern I breached is at z level 50 or so, meaning, I'm sort of screwed.

I also have not a stable fort in terms of industry, meaning this can get very fun.
And thus, "The running of the goblins" became an annual tradition and the first dwarven contraceptive.
There are no moghoppers. We have always been allies of Oceania, and at war with Eastasia.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28018 on: February 28, 2013, 06:54:21 pm »

Maces? Undwarven? What madness is this?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28019 on: February 28, 2013, 06:56:10 pm »

That second one was a hammer. And hammers are just heavier maces, which means maces are cheap ripoff hammers.
Pages: 1 ... 1866 1867 [1868] 1869 1870 ... 3842