Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1781 1782 [1783] 1784 1785 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6123201 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #26730 on: December 02, 2012, 11:32:15 am »

"A vile force of darkness has arrived!"
Me: "EVERYONE INSIDE"

A group of macegoblins being lead by a bowmaster.

"The dead walk. Hide while you still can!"

Awesome. About 75 zombies.

"The dead walk. Hide while you still can!"

Wat. Another 150 or so. Most of them are elves, that's a respectable necromancer.

Great, 225 zombies v ~20 goblins v 94 dwarves.

Carric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26731 on: December 02, 2012, 01:11:09 pm »

Trying to get everything organized after another HUGE migration wave. Also trading away just about everything that I don't see as absolutely necessary in favor of food and wood.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26732 on: December 02, 2012, 01:27:26 pm »

Do glass windows stop water?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26733 on: December 02, 2012, 01:27:39 pm »

My weaponsmith went funny in the head and produced a veritable hammer of mass destruction, Citost Covorb, The Gallows of Rasps, a golden warhammer. Makes me wish I had had platinum handy. Warband Sergeant Cotram Brandedqueen, you gonna be rolling with some functional bling o' war.

nbp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26734 on: December 02, 2012, 01:30:46 pm »

Do glass windows stop water?

Yup.  You got something cool planned?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26735 on: December 02, 2012, 01:46:43 pm »

Yup, trying to make a waterfall. This is the second attempt, first failed because I forgot that water will build up pressure. now, masterwork doors for the plugs!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26736 on: December 02, 2012, 01:56:46 pm »

Modbold ambush before the first winter. However, Mountain barbarians are never afraid and in a show of defiance, the entire settlement charged, fully intending to drown the enemy in sheer numbers (Modbolds are on average larger than kobolds but smaller than dwarves, forcing them to wield thier weapons multigrasp.) With a second home caravan also in-depot giving us additional warriors to throw at the raiders.

Honestly went better than expected.

Because the modbolds spent all thier time being chewed on by dogs or getting knocked on thier asses, nobody was seriously injured (A few nasty bruises, superficial cuts and mental trauma of killing really.) As an added bonus, we now have the uniforms to trade in spring (or summer, not sure if they'll arrive in spring) plus swords and shields for the 'Emergency Response' corps, which will make them far deadlier to the next ambushes.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. second ambush of modbolds led by a mounted swordsman. Someone got his foot cut so I think he's going to be leaving a widow, who actually I think is one of the caravan guards.

Fluoman

• Bay Watcher
  • Anything the game allows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26737 on: December 02, 2012, 02:21:29 pm »

Setting pop cap to 30 before starting this game didn't help. 50 dwarves since last migration wave. Oh well, let's close the doors and shut down everything: I have water, magma, a working tree farm and eggs. Autarcy ftw!

10 secondes later, 4 squad goblin ambush + necromancer. Phew.
"hey, look, my left hand! It's only bones now, gosh, has it been that long since that cave dragon bit it off?"

RtDs!

nbp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26738 on: December 02, 2012, 02:25:55 pm »

Finally managed to get one animal from each biome locked away in little rooms in the sub-sub-basement.  This means no more undead giant mosquitos, giant thrips, and crow men attacking my masons and knocking them off of the scaffolding 60+ stories above the ground.  Which means I can let the guys do their thing without close supervision, while I'm actually getting non-DF work done.  This should help get things done in a more reasonable time-frame.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26739 on: December 02, 2012, 03:01:10 pm »

Welp, I have two people who've been crippled, or it may have been the same guy, I have no idea. Thanks to having added assitant physician positions, We'll have the wounded seen to. I also need to reorganize the emergency response corps to get the cripples out (If they can't use a shield and weapon effictively, they're functionally useless to me as soldiers,) arm them with the plundered arms of the modbolds, and shift the bodies to a trash compactor, but we won.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26740 on: December 02, 2012, 03:09:22 pm »

I've been digging out large apartments for all of my dwarves, each fit with a bedroom, storage room, area with an office/dining space, and private statue garden/tomb. Unfortunately, it's pretty early in the fortress and migrants are coming faster than I can handle them, so while some dwarves are living in luxury, most are roughing it in the temporary small sand bedrooms. Also since I've given up using traps to add more fun I've incorporated a maze (large enough for the caravan wagons to get through) made of fortifications, with a line of ballistae overlooking it all.

Gigaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26741 on: December 02, 2012, 04:06:00 pm »

My vampire who is imprisoned to be the eternal bookkeeper and manager has a strange mood. I've let him go and do his moody things for now, I hope that I don't regret it.

Urist McVampire cancels Strange Mood - Really needs some blood.

That's what I don't want to read.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26742 on: December 02, 2012, 04:18:47 pm »

So I've learned that snatcher races humerously "kidnap" animals they bring or buy for trading. The assitant physician patched everyone up ina prompt fashion, and ecidently someone lost thier foot. A werezebra child (a dwarf most of the time) got beat to death by a horde of angry barbaians. Probably pissed on the mineral god's temple wall or something, and in a show of respect, had a slab engraved for the little guy, and may do so for the fallen modbold warriors as well, as they put up a good fight.

I've also learned what the hell a Trondebbe is. Go on and say it out loud. Anyway, it's some kind of clear meated annoying bitey thing that flies. Imagine a crundle with wings and no arms, and you got it.

And now I've realized that I'm going to have enemy marksmen to contend with, something I normally ensure i don't.

God damn it.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26743 on: December 02, 2012, 04:20:11 pm »

My strength was broken by a zombie army due to siege operators being fucking pussies.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26744 on: December 02, 2012, 08:11:18 pm »

First time on Kobold Camp.

OMG the endless septuplets!!!  :o
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).
Pages: 1 ... 1781 1782 [1783] 1784 1785 ... 3842