Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1754 1755 [1756] 1757 1758 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125230 times)

0cu

• Bay Watcher
  • Losing is fun!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #26325 on: October 27, 2012, 08:59:07 am »

Result of a triple necro ambush though I don't have any towers nearby:

Yay!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26326 on: October 27, 2012, 10:24:10 am »

Today I was suddenly struck by an overwhelming feeling of guilt and remorse, as I noticed that, due to failure meeting a production demand, my poor gemcutter, age 152, was sentenced to 74 days in prison.
My god, I thought. The poor sod could die of old age, in prison. I am truly becoming a monster. I cannot let that happen.

And thus, I applied magma.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26327 on: October 27, 2012, 11:20:01 am »

I was mass pitting wild animals so my trainers wouldn't get attatched to them and so that when they exploded into gore my tanners would produce more leather. A stupid hauler decided to carry an exploded cave beetle to the trash heap and a centaur fell 28 stories right onto his head. The centaur survived but the hauler exploded.

To recap
1. I found my new favorite method of execution
2. Dwarven drop soldiers are still possible. 

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #26328 on: October 27, 2012, 11:33:42 am »

To recap
1. I found my new favorite method of execution
2. Dwarven drop soldiers are still possible.

How so? Assign soldiers to station on top of a retracting bridge and pull the lever to drop them on gobbos 20 z-levels down?

Hmmm. If armor strength can deflect fall damage like what I've seen some times, and the armor weight affected the collision/crushing power of a falling dorf, it could be entirely possible to mod some armor suitable for effective drop squads...I think I got a new idea for my mod!   :D
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #26329 on: October 27, 2012, 11:45:29 am »

Torchfog subterranean is going along well. I am setting up magma smelters (as most caves were only mud) and I will start with the rail system and further expansions of it. Dark dwarves are preparing themselves for their war with the surface.

Torchfog surface though...
No migrant waves and my dwarves are going berserk one by one (only not berserk insane was a mooded dorf) so my militia captain has to put them down one by one. What a rough start for wood dwarves.

EDIT:

Glorius. Two wood dwarves left, one is on the binge of insanity and the other is an orphaned baby.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:06:17 pm by raptorfangamer »
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26330 on: October 27, 2012, 12:09:20 pm »

How so? Assign soldiers to station on top of a retracting bridge and pull the lever to drop them on gobbos 20 z-levels down?

Hmmm. If armor strength can deflect fall damage like what I've seen some times, and the armor weight affected the collision/crushing power of a falling dorf, it could be entirely possible to mod some armor suitable for effective drop squads...I think I got a new idea for my mod!   :D
Kittens or other such creatures stationed underneath the bridge. The kittens explode instead of the dwarves and the dwarves armor deflects most or all of the falling damage. All the goblins see is an army of steel clad dwarves charging from a cloud of kitten gore.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26331 on: October 27, 2012, 01:13:02 pm »

Kittens or other such creatures stationed underneath the bridge. The kittens explode instead of the dwarves and the dwarves armor deflects most or all of the falling damage. All the goblins see is an army of steel clad dwarves charging from a cloud of kitten gore.

hmmm. While the thought of armored death squads charging from clouds of fluffy animal guts sounds glorious, I'd rather eliminate the middleman and just drop'em right on the goblins.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

Tamber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • FurryHelix
« Reply #26332 on: October 27, 2012, 01:48:34 pm »

In my fort? Right now then?

Ñ

The dwarves didn't get the wall finished in time, the undead pigs turned out to be on this side of the river (not, as I originally thought, safely out of reach), and -- as it's a resurrecting biome, everything they killed went on a rampage with them.

...and I just sat back, drank my beer, and enjoyed the Fun. Dear Armok, the 27th of Slate? ...What took you so long?

The Wild Boar Sow Corpse kicks The expedition leader in the head with her left front hoof, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
The expedition leader has been knocked unconscious!

And then there were none.
I see !!elves!! of green, and red !!magma!! too; I see them burn for me and you; and I think to myself, what a wonderful world...

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26333 on: October 27, 2012, 01:49:49 pm »

hmmm. While the thought of armored death squads charging from clouds of fluffy animal guts sounds glorious, I'd rather eliminate the middleman and just drop'em right on the goblins.
Goblins tend to move around, if a dwarf happens to land on a square without a goblin one of your highly trained warriors explodes.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26334 on: October 27, 2012, 01:50:54 pm »

You'd need a way to get the goblins tightly grouped so the dwarves land on goblins, not floor.

A dark strangler horde struck, and thanks to the bodbolds being slaughtered wholesale, most of the winter populous was armed and able to meet the threat. The majority of the stranglers are now rotting in a  pile out behind the barracks with the modbold skeletons. The elves arrived, and  will be leaving with the uniform bits the goblins didn't take.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26335 on: October 27, 2012, 02:13:27 pm »

:'(

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #26336 on: October 27, 2012, 05:03:04 pm »

another one of those long arse story's!

im typing it.

DONE!

as the last  soap maker runs from the fortress not Turning his head to look at the  army of his Undead friends, pets and wives ( yes wives!) he remembered what happened.

he just migrated to the "fortress he was the only migrant that came and didn't get slaughtered  because of the elven seige as he banged on the Northern gate while the southern gate was  completely   seiged he was let in, the dwarfs once 20 year old  now 80 year old hermits waiting for a arrow to their spines and knees they see a new face a  nice  difference from the usual  frowns of uncaring  death covered  hermits. as eh introduced him self: the doors in the south finnaly broke the alarms were raised and all the dwarfs went too the safe room the doors in the north completely unlocked the fatal mistake for the fortress   but it will only happen much later. as they went into the safe room arrows struck those to slow or too unlucky from a fortress of 82  to a  compacted safe room of 30 with enough food to feed for  about 10 years not including new children as the s were slowly being healed soap maker quickly made soap for the quickly set up  hospital for those with arrows in the spinal cord that survived. as everyone slowly became maddened from the experiences of their loved once and close friends dying out side   some became berserk and some went  fell, and only one artifact from fell mood was made" a meat mace that had  rings of stone and dwarf bone menacing on it " it was named " the rage of bloating" the  now dwindling militia used it for it was their only weapon besides a obsidian short sword. after two years a fact hit the dwarfs hard: food rots. over half of their supply  rotted and the miasma only caused more panic.. the soap maker  hid in a room that he dug out for himself: he took all the remaining food and booze and hid while the rest  slowly killed each other in a rage of death and violence. now only 5 dwarfs 2 sane 1 barely. the  two made a run for it out of the safe room into the  abandoned halls  of the fortress the skeletons of their friends made that much more maddening. and then to make it worse the militia man ( the other sane dwarf) went berserk with his meat mace he only did minimal damage before a  arrow to his back  end his sad life.. the  safe room un safe and a necromancer necroing the remains  he slowly sneaked out using carefully built burrows: we went into the armory a once proud  widely used room which had dozens of weapons- hammers maces swords axes guns and even bows- you name  it has it. how ever now it is gaining dust and web it   contains the first real enemy: a kobold who armed himself with its best,  the steel great axed known as " ghostly babbles" he who'd of met a swift demise if not for a elf who shot the kobold down he quickly sprinted and grabbed it  and quickly ended the elven savior " thank you please don't accept this as a meaning of harm you would kill me too" says the soap maker as he went  farther and farther out of the fortress he quickly killed about 20 elfs before getting a arrow to his  foot causing small amount of damage but any wound concerns him. as he goes to level 10 the apartment block he encountered a forgotten beast it was made out of ash but i wasn't much of a threats as he made one chop and ended it however its corpse risen again was because the necromancer revived llittlerly everything as it arrived ( another one) he sprinted like no dwarf has and he kept sprinting like a madman he swatted anything in his way as he ad a  martial trance each time he had more then one enemy against him he is now on the surface he puked a little but but other then that he is fine as he ran away form the fortress he found the ever the one lever that would collapse the fortress into hell a masterfully built plant in case something like this happens so those damned elfs would pay for killing of the fortress because now a giant gaping hole tha leads right too hell  is in its place where demons would escape and all hell who'd brakes loos because the elf's stated pointing fingers at dwarfs for chopping trees down and now the hells spawn would kill them all off and everything off except the dwarfs who specifically planned for this with a another fortress who has  a giant  vault capable of sealing themselves of interminably. he gladly pulled the lever releasing hell's reach into the surface and reversing the progress  the gods themselves had worked on with the adamantine and its preciousness the fort was abandoned by the soap maker and he become " abbeydoom the doom-anger of souls."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 05:42:23 pm by wer6 »
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26337 on: October 27, 2012, 05:44:34 pm »

A hunter was attacked by a raksasha and it started ripping his face apart his dog instinctively ran out of the fortress to save him. The Raksasha crushed it's skull but it bought it's master enough time for the fortress guard to kill the beast.

In other news Cilob Fightmaster the one-armed wrestler is getting a display case that contains his own arm for his room.

Treah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26338 on: October 27, 2012, 07:01:44 pm »

So I have this guy in my fort and his bio is something to read. Its linked below, I only noticed him after a goblin ambush and someone in the fort was very unhappy so I read why. Apparently the guy had just made a friend that was then slain by the goblins in front of him. However after reading his description he is like the FBI's profile of a serial killer...... he is also extremely fat even after a long periiod of training.... good thing he is in the army :P

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:04:01 pm by Treah »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26339 on: October 27, 2012, 07:37:38 pm »

Goblins tend to move around, if a dwarf happens to land on a square without a goblin one of your highly trained warriors explodes.

So I guess there's a certain limit then on how much fall damage the armor will absorb.

Oh well, suicide drop squads! A manlier, gorier way of death for the useless and the peasants!

Pages: 1 ... 1754 1755 [1756] 1757 1758 ... 3842