Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1752 1753 [1754] 1755 1756 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125367 times)

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #26295 on: October 26, 2012, 01:04:51 am »

Now arm them with candy crossbows. For Fun
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Syrinth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26296 on: October 26, 2012, 09:56:36 am »

Trying out the Masterwork Mod for the first time since it seemed interesting.

Founded a new fortress, turned on a bunch of creatures, at war with... I have no idea how many varying civilizations so I'm bracing myself for sieges.

Nearing the end of my first year, I see these weird red and grey graphics flashing on the screen.

"Oh God, what is that?!"

I investigate.

"WHY IS EVERYTHING ON FIRE?!"

I lost my carpenter and my woodcutter to the sudden fire that burned the entire map. Apparently a small herd of Nightmares decided to pay me a visit, I guess they thought it'd be funny to throw some fireballs down at my dwarves.

Starting to think that embarking in a heavily forested area may have been a bad idea...

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26297 on: October 26, 2012, 10:34:13 am »

Trying out the Masterwork Mod for the first time since it seemed interesting.

Founded a new fortress, turned on a bunch of creatures, at war with... I have no idea how many varying civilizations so I'm bracing myself for sieges.

Nearing the end of my first year, I see these weird red and grey graphics flashing on the screen.

"Oh God, what is that?!"

I investigate.

"WHY IS EVERYTHING ON FIRE?!"

I lost my carpenter and my woodcutter to the sudden fire that burned the entire map. Apparently a small herd of Nightmares decided to pay me a visit, I guess they thought it'd be funny to throw some fireballs down at my dwarves.

Starting to think that embarking in a heavily forested area may have been a bad idea...
Biggest problem with masterwork is that any creature that breathes fire is hilariously overpowered, they don't just kill one of your dwarves occasionally they burn the entire map down every time they come around.

Syrinth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26298 on: October 26, 2012, 10:39:58 am »

Well the answer is obviously to enclose everything in glass and or stone so that the fire can't get through >_>

I SHALL PERSEVERE!

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26299 on: October 26, 2012, 11:12:10 am »

Decided to try settling in an evil area for the first time.  Couldn't find a sinister but I did find a joyous wilds/terrifying embark so decided to try there, with the terrifying off to the side so I started in the good area.  So far so good, everyone except selected 'haulers' are confined to the underground burrow and most of those haulers are those foolish fisherdwarfs who decided to turn up so since they are apparently suicidal (the only river is on the evil side) they get to run out onto the surface to do stuff there and/or retrieve stuff.  Have yet to see evil weather.  I have an aquifer powered shower that the dwarves have to walk through to get to the surface, not sure how effective that will be but I figured better safe than sorry.  Only lost one dwarf so far; the barely trained militia captain.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26300 on: October 26, 2012, 12:25:51 pm »

One of my architects got attacked by Silentthunder's first zombie moose in 3 years. I activated his detail in the military and he had a 2 day fight in the rain with the moose. I suppose the only reason I didn't send in the Pleated stakes or some other high-end squads immediately was to see if the less experienced soldier/civilians could take on the undead.
The moose was recovered in 10 pieces.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #26301 on: October 26, 2012, 01:42:23 pm »

master work was fun

i was tolying with  crafts and then suddenly

mages, undead force, dark stranglers, creepers  and dark elfs were charging in: they were led by my  adventurerer elf that had full admo clad while my military bearly had iron pants there were a hundred invaders in all...

she took down 5 golems with 5 swings...

there goes the hammerlords arm... oh god

damn her with her legandary plus 5 dodging skill and tower sheild.

she got hit once in the left pinkie  that bruised it... she didnt have gloves! this fort might have hope.

i sealed it off hoping none of the creepers blow down the door...

i made my first artifact...a slade mantine great axe...i immiedaitly trained my axe dwarf so he chould use it...

the door blew down....

right then a  cute bold was discovered by my dorfs...it escaped but it was right in front of the adventurer... the kobold was killed... 

i hoped that armok saves us from the elf...

the now axe lord charged in... slaughtered nearly half the creepers and then  killed a bunch of Undead bastards...his leg got chopped off by the adventurer... and arm and a head to her name later she got a title and was named " bloodydagger the harmonious angelic angry-orange of charring.  i laughed a little bit... then the miners struck platinum! and coincidently another  weapon smith got  moody while the other one was building my order of slade hammers and mithril  armor.  a forcefully made plane packed slade hammer was created... it was glorious it had many pictures of her striking down various people and dragons and the artifact it self  and...  our fortress's symbel: a  hammer which made me smile.. ( second year of seige) I had sealed the seige off by then my wealth was closing in at 10 million: then disaster struck: a titan came: it came through the  caverns and into the magma forges: they were all slaughtered... but the now mithril clad slade hammer squad easly took down the forest titan...i decided i will un seal the fortress or die trying...i got the masens ready... and my secret plan involving demons....i weighed  slaughtering her , trapping her, and then making her escape so i can play later. i decided to let her go using various contraptions i tested with cutebolds

after un sealing our selves our two squads of military for the initial melee and the  "scare squad" which made her chase the squad down , i used a lever on the surface i build way earlier which was for the  bridge over a river, the useless bastard died and she is no longer a problem: now the 80 strong invaders are still one though: i  sent my dodge room trained dwarfs charge in  and they slaughtered all of them... bliss at last... then... do to a unfortunate accident demons were released... how ever all of them were eitehr  made of ash wax or   blood...i built a apothecary earlier and then proceeded to buid a carp leader detector  do to recent cultists... the militia commander was the leader. she took out half the fortress before succumbing to pincuttioning... the other half was tantrumiing berserk or starving... i had no other choice but sen the few happy dorfs into the safe house and did a wipe out using the river... they are all dead and through my drains which my masterfully plan used for worked... at a cost  one of the happy dorfs got struck down to to a demon related accident but hell was quickly sealed... everything was slightly muddy but other then that nothing else was destroyed...  another seige came... ferric elfs and creepers.... with no defense my dwarfs were quickly slaughtered... only one is left... he is bserk and is currently walking around naked and i found out he was a vampire... good luck starving... the ferric elf slaughtered the last dwarf...

when the king heard about the fortress alcemical doom the lost-heart was destroyed and ransacked he feared the extinction of his race.. for there were only one mountain hall between the extinction of the dwarfs and the  the army of elf's and kobold's that endlessly slaughtered hundred of thousands of us... ironicly the race was called "the peace of snacks"

epic story?
sorry for any mistakes... this all happened  from 4 Pm last night too 7 alcok today...

EDIT: i am playing my advuntuere now... BURN IN HELL DORFS THE MOUNTIAN HOLMS WILL BE RAZED AND ALL SHALL PERISH UNDER MY ELVEN FIST.  :P  :D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 03:02:30 pm by wer6 »
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Burnup

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill until you can't, Then savescum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26302 on: October 26, 2012, 02:41:55 pm »

@ wer6 - Damn
Just tell her that you were merely doing what the voices in your head were telling you to do.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26303 on: October 26, 2012, 02:44:45 pm »

&

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26304 on: October 26, 2012, 02:46:19 pm »

The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26305 on: October 26, 2012, 02:52:23 pm »

&
OHGODKILLITKILLITKILLIT.

& & & & & & & & & & & &  ≈≈≈

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #26306 on: October 26, 2012, 02:57:06 pm »

huh didnt meant to make a text wall  :D
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #26307 on: October 26, 2012, 03:01:46 pm »

I started a community fort that I accidentally put in the wrong section : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=118224.0
I embarked and everyone was instantly slaughtered except for the miner. Luckily, the miner only had grudges :D
Well the answer is obviously to enclose everything in glass and or stone so that the fire can't get through >_>

I SHALL PERSEVERE!
No. Use wooden walls to protect yourself from the all-consuming fires. Because luck fogic.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26308 on: October 26, 2012, 04:01:50 pm »

Despite our civ being extinct, we got migrants in the spring.  All freshly-generated by the game except for, apparently, last year's two traders and the liason, who migrated to the fort.  Our population has gone from 18 to 35 now, and they brought a lot of livestock too.

But I'm more ecstatic because this means marriage candidates.    I don't know if I'll continue getting newly-genned arrivals or not - maybe until the amount of genomes I get is equal to the amount that had been living beforehand?  I checked, before we embarked there was a grand total of 74 left alive in the world, usually either outcasts or living with the humans.  I don't know what's going on, but hey, migrants to help with the baby-making!  That's useful.

This also means I have helpful hands for forming a decent army against the enemy.  Also I got a decent weaponsmith and a decent armorsmith, so we shall be ready by autumn.  Yes.  The damn rats will not take Burialsoothe!  We will form a new civilization! -insert hardcore face here-

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26309 on: October 26, 2012, 05:32:06 pm »

check your civ screen. The game will poof together new migrants is someone is still left (for example, I had a civ who's general was effectivly the only higher up left leading the civ. so long as I upped my popcap periodically, i'd get  more migrants.)

So far so good for our miserable little settlement of the Imperial Hearth. We've a smithing shop that our blacksmith Hurricane and a multismith I named Trixie reside in as trade partners. Our hunter Typhoon is one hell of a shot, having downed a deer buck in one shot and downing nearly half of an albatross flock before he began to dip into our bone bolts. Kreia, Typhoon's wife, has been happily fishing our stream along with helping Autumn and Onager with plant gathering, though Onager has joined my personal human and Splint's lover Bell (battle couple ftw) as our first group of legionaires, armed with poleaxes. In anticipation of a strangler strike force come spring, our one miner, both of our woodcutters, and Typhoon are all in an emergency squad, though Typhoon has the misfortune of having to use a training weapon should hostilities break out due to a lack of ores available to process yet.

We've also good breeding stock for chickens and pigs (I slaughtered the lower yield ones) and got some nest boxes to begin breeding some chickens. We've also just finished a food prep room, and need to get the necessary shops up (how else are we going to have tasty river fish in our stews?) I also plan on importing HUGE amounts of granite to build the settlement from, since I lack any onsite I can easily access and used up all the granite I brought building the barracks and smith's shop.
Pages: 1 ... 1752 1753 [1754] 1755 1756 ... 3842