Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1708 1709 [1710] 1711 1712 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6128740 times)

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #25635 on: September 19, 2012, 02:57:38 pm »

The giant tortoise woman is more frightened of you than you are of it.  Seriously.

Captain Willy

• Bay Watcher
  • I like rum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25636 on: September 19, 2012, 04:43:40 pm »

I dun know, stuff........

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25637 on: September 19, 2012, 05:38:43 pm »

Basementattic has lost 3 kids to kidnappers (bastards caught them outside while following their parents who were retrieving the last goblinite haul) and 2 other dwarves to ambushes (also retrieving goblinite).

No goblin has managed to escape the military so far, most of the ambushes have been slaughtered by either a single hammer- or spear- dwarf. 4 legendary speardwarves, and 3 legendary hammerdwarves, with 3-4 other, lesser skilled ones scattered in there. The original 7 spear/hammer pairs are split up training new recruits.

I should probably station the marksdwarves in the bunker...

With spring comes a siege. Goblin lashers riding giant olms and cave crocodiles.

A lever in the bedroom area is pulled, and the blood of the earth spews forth to smite those who would stand against us.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Probably shouldn't have put those cage traps there...

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #25638 on: September 19, 2012, 08:07:07 pm »

Just got back to playing DF again. I might as well toss in my DFMA map and let it tell you what's up with it.

Welcome to CryBoulder

Well, shit. A vile force of darkness has arrived. And my defense wall was near completion too.

Oaktree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25639 on: September 19, 2012, 11:54:40 pm »

Waterspear is a barony now.  Population now at 130 as well from a few births and some more migrants.  Industries well established and most have at least one master level dwarf worker available for tasks. 

Room off the Foundry has been set up for adamantine processing.  Stockpiles to take ore, workshops for strand separation, and stockpiles for strands - with the last near a smelter that will be tasked with making wafers immediately to hopefully avoid any thread suddenly being grabbed for medical work.  One spire to work with that extends through the lowest cavern.  Said cavern is full of water though, so some magma casting is being worked on as well to make this material accessible. 

More artifacts being produced - but all possession moods.  A bone cage, a copper battleaxe, and a silver gauntlet.

Still no goblin sieges yet.  Snatchers, and a few ambush attempts.  They have been detected early and are either annihilated by the militia patrols or run away.  Masons are building extension walls off the Outer Bailey to help "catch" these groups and also protect work on the road and bridge over the river.  A larger pasture might be walled off as well to help handle the grazing pets and livestock herd.

Armorer McUrist cancels forge steel mailshirt, interrupted by minecart

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #25640 on: September 20, 2012, 03:03:44 am »

Romancecloistered just EXPLODED into a tanrium spiral. Fortunately, with a well trained military, I've managed to somewhat contain the situation. 40 dwarfs have gone insane, and I think its starting to wind down. I had a dwarf finish a mood, and I just got my first fell mood ever.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25641 on: September 20, 2012, 10:01:36 pm »

Journal of Kotonoa, 28th Opal, yr.452
First Previous Next

Ghosts of migrants have been haunting our dormitory. First a Woodworker, then a Fisher, then a farmer, and now a Ghostly Child are roaming around. Also, a snake with vapors appeared in the first cavern and interrupted our party. It couldn't fly, but the dwarves at the party saw it and ... were interrupted. How rude.

A small crundle army is filling the second cavern, but somehow a Giant Rat managed to get into the fort. It ran all the way to the Marble-Quarry, and now there's blood everywhere. Cosmo dumped the rat into the magma chute. We were hoping that the corpse would hit one of those magma crabs. Close, but no cigar sock.

Spoiler: Uninvited Guest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Giant Rat Tale (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:14:55 pm by ZzarkLinux »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25642 on: September 20, 2012, 10:36:42 pm »

Romancecloistered just EXPLODED into a tanrium spiral. Fortunately, with a well trained military, I've managed to somewhat contain the situation. 40 dwarfs have gone insane, and I think its starting to wind down. I had a dwarf finish a mood, and I just got my first fell mood ever.
I love the implications of this. "there was rioting and violence, but my military was strong enough to deal with them, so its all good."
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Urist McWhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25643 on: September 20, 2012, 11:24:56 pm »

Well, after finally getting my dwarves to stop trying stockpiling something(thank you Knutor), I discover that 10 white storks had decided that coming into my fortress was a really good idea. I have just walled them in, and while I was looking on the forum for some advice, a wave of migrants came. Though it wasn't really what you would call a wave, It was 2 dwarves. Seriously?! :D

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25644 on: September 20, 2012, 11:28:51 pm »

Well, after finally getting my dwarves to stop trying stockpiling something(thank you Knutor), I discover that 10 white storks had decided that coming into my fortress was a really good idea. I have just walled them in, and while I was looking on the forum for some advice, a wave of migrants came. Though it wasn't really what you would call a wave, It was 2 dwarves. Seriously?! :D
People never appreciate the gifts they're given...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Urist McWhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25645 on: September 20, 2012, 11:35:01 pm »

Maybe I shall use them to attack the goat demon that is inhabiting the cave next to my fort. Instant Fun! :D

gbrngfol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25646 on: September 21, 2012, 01:19:27 am »

My attempt to channel from the surface to my well turned out quite badly.

Alot of injuries and and this guy was legendary.

Edit: I can't get the picture working so I've given up on it. I've got no idea where that photo came from nor how to link to the picture I want to link to.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:23:34 am by gbrngfol »
My computer breaks down regularly. Duct tape is starting to lose it's charm.

Nubshiggurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25647 on: September 21, 2012, 01:22:52 am »

I just had my first proper titan come, a dragon that died to the first shot an ambushing goblin crossbowman let loose. In other news, I finally have a working military and found out why my danger room was killing 1 in 5 dwarfs (they didnt equip helms because i had "over clothes" on >( ). I am waiting for my first siege.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25648 on: September 21, 2012, 01:35:13 am »

Started anew, and find my dwarves in a so far still snow and ice coated area. Wild life sightings include but aren't limited to:

- Badgerman Tribe
- Giant mosquito
- Gigantic Panda

In hindsight, should have gone with a jungle to see if I could net me some dinos.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25649 on: September 21, 2012, 02:29:50 am »

"My, this red stone is beautiful."

"It's actually shale.  You don't want to know why it's red.  You won't sleep at night."

I think this sums it up.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.
Pages: 1 ... 1708 1709 [1710] 1711 1712 ... 3842