Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6107736 times)

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #22125 on: April 23, 2012, 05:30:01 am »

Stupid goblins didn't want to cross the bridge leading to my precious cage traps... The Marksdwarves rejoice.

Also, apparently my civilization was founded by a dwarf necromancer king. I wonder if he's still alive.  :P
Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal...

~HPL~

Himmelblau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22126 on: April 23, 2012, 06:02:54 am »

Two kobold thieves made off with an exceptional copper shield and a finely-crafted copper battleaxe. I hadn't had anything stolen from a fortress in the longest time. I have myself to blame though, as I was sloppy in setting up the military; I had made some uniforms in advance, but they were just laying around while I had my soldiers-to-be inactive and hauling stuff.

The awkward thing was that I had counted my coppers quite precisely, and didn't have any extra bars left from embark. Luckily I struck tetrahedrite after a while of explorative mining.
Dwarf Fortress- where a sudden mist that causes you to bleed from every orifice and drop dead is one of the better outcomes.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22127 on: April 23, 2012, 06:14:29 am »

Sabreheals had a very close incident. A whopping 15 migrants arrived, about half children. Because I hadn't set up New Sabreheals' meeting hall, they hung outside while infernal ash came near them. Thankfully they weren't affected or touched.

Many of the adult migrants appear to be veterans of the war with the elves, with a good proportion having at least three notable kills. Most were drafted to the military. Those that remain either have useless skills and will join the Mason's Army to make New Sabreheals safe, or are farmers that are required for much food and happy.

One dwarf has exactly seven hundred un-named elf kills; and another has sixty polar bear kills. Another has fifty or so un-named animal kills, mainly animalpeople and spiders.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22128 on: April 23, 2012, 06:26:47 am »

Sabreheals had a very close incident. A whopping 15 migrants arrived, about half children. Because I hadn't set up New Sabreheals' meeting hall, they hung outside while infernal ash came near them.

I thought Sabreheals didn't have any life at all except for the starting dwarves and the ash ??
I was envisioning it more like Stephen King's The Mist.

Oh, and migrants are a curse.
Wait till you get lots of children and wildlife who stick in-one-spot on the edge-of-map.
Can't conscript them. They just sit. And get husked.

The clock is ticking...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:31:14 am by ZzarkLinux »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22129 on: April 23, 2012, 06:29:41 am »

It was like that. It's now year two of the fort.

LuckyLuigi

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Ever Savescum
    • View Profile
« Reply #22130 on: April 23, 2012, 09:06:43 am »

I was mistaken. My vampire was killed by the goblins, but he didn't return from the dead, it was his ghost. His body has now been recovered and buried. I wonder if he'll revive or stay dead.
My second vampire is happy in his cell training forever while my other dwarves keep killing each other over clothes.

I thought 'unit list' showed all creatures on the map, including ghosts. Apparently not. Can someone tell me which key it was ? Or has it been changed ?
Check out Time Denee's brilliant DF comics of Bronzemurder and Oilfurnace.

Batdwarf Forever !

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22131 on: April 23, 2012, 10:35:20 am »

Relicdreams

Etur Babinlogem, Weaponsmith, withdraws from society...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gold bar. Orthoclase. Mysterious construction time.

Even if the weapon itself turns out to be useless, a legendary weaponsmith can only be good for my supply of ☼large serrated steel discs☼.

Edit: 490800 dorfbuck large serrated gold disc. NICE.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 10:41:34 am by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22132 on: April 23, 2012, 10:41:33 am »

Put it in your nobles chambers... about 3 z levels below your nobles chambers and DROP HIM ONTO IT.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22133 on: April 23, 2012, 10:48:26 am »

Put it in your nobles chambers... about 3 z levels below your nobles chambers and DROP HIM ONTO IT.

Don't have any nobles yet. For now it's going in the dining room, right next to the central staircase for the whole fort. That should keep everyone ecstatic.

EDIT:

An ambush! Curse them!

My newly legendary weaponsmith is outside the fort! Curse his stupid!

My newly legendary weaponsmith is a newly legendary CORPSE fuck this shit -ends process-
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:18:23 am by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22134 on: April 23, 2012, 12:11:58 pm »

Dropping the geese into the moose pit may have been a bad idea, as I just remembered they can fly.

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #22135 on: April 23, 2012, 12:46:21 pm »

Urist McHasBeenDeadForMonths, Ghostly Wax Worker, has been found dead.

... you don't say?  :o
Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal...

~HPL~

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22136 on: April 23, 2012, 12:55:37 pm »

Urist McHasBeenDeadForMonths, Ghostly Wax Worker, has been found dead.

... you don't say?  :o

Hah.

In related (to ghosts) news, the end of Relicdreams' slab-engraving business is in sight. Whoo! No more ghosts popping up and divesting my masons of hands! Okay that only happened once and I'm not actually sure if that was a ghost or a goblin snatcher.

And also a jeweler just made a perfect pyrite. Bo-ring. (Oh, that savescum I did? It was from before the weaponsmith had his mood, so I ended up with a possession that resulted in a wooden cup. Yay. But now I have bridges to slam in the event of attack.)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 12:57:51 pm by Lielac »

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #22137 on: April 23, 2012, 08:23:24 pm »

All my children are going insane and throwing tantrums due to no clothes, I thought this was fixed in the new version...

I am quite sad because I am trying to counter this as best as I possibly can.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

talysman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22138 on: April 23, 2012, 09:25:19 pm »

All my children are going insane and throwing tantrums due to no clothes, I thought this was fixed in the new version...

Some of mine are, too. And they stay unhappy even after they get some clothes from my clothiers, who are pretty much working around the clock.

Had one kid go berserk in front of a militia recruit who was accidentally on duty. She was promptly slain. I guess I have to watch the parents closely now...

Second child in same fort went melancholy for a while, then died of dehydration. Both of these kids were actually wearing clothes at the time, but their previous embrassment was apparently too intense.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22139 on: April 23, 2012, 09:35:19 pm »

Some of mine are, too. And they stay unhappy even after they get some clothes from my clothiers, who are pretty much working around the clock.

Had one kid go berserk in front of a militia recruit who was accidentally on duty. She was promptly slain. I guess I have to watch the parents closely now...

Second child in same fort went melancholy for a while, then died of dehydration. Both of these kids were actually wearing clothes at the time, but their previous embrassment was apparently too intense.

think of it this way...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!
Pages: 1 ... 1474 1475 [1476] 1477 1478 ... 3842