Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1398 1399 [1400] 1401 1402 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124518 times)

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20985 on: March 22, 2012, 02:45:19 am »

@Splint:

Yeah, you should probably make a CG+S thread for this. I'd suggest opening it up as a succession, but you're already in charge of managing Spearbreakers; 2 successions at once sounds like a recipe for burnout to me.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20986 on: March 22, 2012, 03:07:50 am »

Hmm. perhaps I shall.

For now, I post another log.

Audiolog 4 of Lacinia 'Splint' Harenaventus, Expedition leader into the southern ash wastes, date unknown.

The overall crisis has passed, and no-one aside from the grox cow was harmed, aside from some light brusing on Mencrium. Although quite honestly I fully expect him to develop a mild form of what Turris calls PTSD.  -SOUND DETECTED: SOURCE: AUTOWEAPON- -eaking of which, he's driven off several, probably more with the noise his autogun was making. Now he set his sights on another spider and some roaming scavvy dogs.  -SOUND DETECTED: SOURCE: AUTOWEAPON- -eeded in doing since I last checked was fire haphazardly in thier direction. Said he's just trying to "scare the miserable little dribbleing...." Well I won't  -SOUND DETECTED: SOURCE: AUTOWEAPON- -ast part but you get the idea.

The room for the Water purifier, cultivatorium, distillery, and butchery/tanning works is nearing completion, though it may need to be expanded to accomodate all the shops.

That constant shooting is starting to get on my nerves..... -SOUND DETECTED: SOURCE: AUTOWEAPON- Alright, that's it. I'm gonna have to make him stop it with the random shooting He's only wasting ammo now. Splint out.

TURRIS! IF YOU AREN'T ACTUALLY HITTING THE STUPID MUTTS KNOCK IT OFF WITH THE POTSHOTS OR I SWEAR TO THE EMPEROR I'LL-

-AUDIOLOG TERMINATED-

Time to copy these over to a new thread.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20987 on: March 22, 2012, 05:07:39 am »

Fort of Ghoulbelted has been plagued occasionally by unexplained attacks by random undead bodyparts for couple of years. I was quite perplexed by these random assaults by severed arms and skins and hair, since I had embarked far away from haunted/sinister biomes and necro towers. The parts had no contaminants either. So, to alleviate trouble from rotting tribbles, I pastured almost every warhound and turret (mw mod) into 1. Butcherer's shop, 2. an improvised magma crematorium entrance and 3. Main stairway.

After 2 fort years and lots of military exercise, burnt underground farm and couple crippled animals later, I decide to skim my useless fisherdwarves for new assignments.. and there's my perp, calmly hauling her latest catch and her newborn. Dwarven necromancer, moved into my fort and raising six kinds of havoc occasionally, seemingly just for laughs.

Payback time: she'll get her own private apartment, right above my main entrance.. with a lovely view at my new corpse disposal system. Dumpable over any and all sieges and ambushers. Probably well and/or grates and stuff to keep her comfy, and maybe :other noble stuff. Nice chance for !!Sience!!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20988 on: March 22, 2012, 09:57:48 am »

My 180108 years old vampire mayor who I locked in her room was taken by a fey mood.
So I unlocked the door and let her out. And I read the thought:

'Dracul' Lalturdegel has been quite content lately. She was upset that a criminal  could not be properly punished. She was upset by having a mandate ignored lately. She admired own fine Cabinet lately.

It is funny she was upset by some unpunished criminal, because the only criminal I recall was she drained a neighbour.  :P

And this vampire claimed a craftsdwarf's workshop lately and started collecting some bones for her work. Wonder what she's making.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20989 on: March 22, 2012, 10:14:27 am »

A skeletal army. What else?

edit: Fey mood weaponsmith. Badass. No weapon preference, likes lay pewter. Just bought a bar of lay pewter.

On the one hand I want him to use the material he likes, on the other hand lay pewter is neither heavy nor sharp and therefore perfectly suited for everything that isn't a weapon.

I'll try to set him up with steel or black bronze.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ONLY ONE ITEM AND IT IS A NICKEL BAR.

edit: a plain nickel short sword. yaaaay.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:38:13 am by AWdeV »
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #20990 on: March 22, 2012, 12:40:29 pm »

2 vampires found. One is now chief medical dwarf (doesn't require him to do anything) and the other mans the pump for the well in a completely locked down area of the fort.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20991 on: March 22, 2012, 01:10:28 pm »

I decide to skim my useless fisherdwarves for new assignments.. and there's my perp, calmly hauling her latest catch and her newborn. Dwarven necromancer, moved into my fort and raising six kinds of havoc occasionally, seemingly just for laughs.

I'd say a set up where marksdwarves perforate invaders and then dwarfomancer rasies the dead to attack them. After all the invaders are dead, use a drwabridge to block them from her sight, let the marksdwarves tidy up and repeat as needed.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20992 on: March 22, 2012, 02:00:42 pm »

Uninteresting, tedious tasks for my fortress. Things have been dug out and now it's time to set up industry and life support.

The only interesting things to occur thus far have been a troglodyte attack ending in a dead trog, a miner dropping himself several stories onto solid bedrock and dieing, a kobold thief making it's way into the entryway, stabbing my smith in the lower body, and running for dear life to the map edge, and just now a gremlin, which I can't find, pulled the lever to the cavern bridge which wasn't hooked up yet anyway and would have trapped it within the fortress.

My militia commander invited half his family to the fortress, including his parents. I put his father in his squad.
"Make me proud, son!" "No you idiot you're doing it wrong! Here try this:" *splork* "In my day we beat goblins to death with crooked sticks just for fun. Get out there and rape some goblin ass before I smite yours, kid!"

His fifteen year old niece also arrived and got stuffed in the squad. Good for her! Bad for our fortress in the event any one of them dies, though...
I expect great things from them, regardless.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:22:47 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #20993 on: March 22, 2012, 06:00:29 pm »

I think I may have the most badass militia captain I've ever encountered.

"The militia captain strangles the The Kobold Theif by the throat" x9001.
He seems to prefer fighting with his bare hands. I don't think I've messed with his equipment, but he never uses a crossbow.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20994 on: March 22, 2012, 06:04:50 pm »

FOunding miner just took her rockdrill to a giant wolf spider. Killed it via bleed out and delimbification.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #20995 on: March 22, 2012, 06:32:32 pm »

A swarm of badgers has invaded my area. They've been disrupting the woodcutting excercises for days, and finally one of the badger sows ran up to our secondary woodsdorf and started chewing on her newborn baby. The child died from losing some body part, but mommy got her revenge and mutilated the fuck out of the little bitch.

Talyxian caravan showed up, along with a goblin snatcher. The recruits are having an open season it seems, and it's likely to remain that way for the remainder of the fort's existance.

Another snatcher appeared and stabbed one of the married soldiers in the spine, causing him to suffocate shortly after the fight. Then another appeared and escaped ebfore anyone could catch up to them. Bloody goblins...

I had the militia clear out the last four badgers for the crime of being badgers in the middle of my entrway, and then a giant bat pops out of the caverns, bites my head craftsman/engineer, and proceeds to assault the talyxian merchants. The lead merchant was killed, the bat retreats. It then comes back for round two and chases the other merchant and her water buffalo cow down into the pre-dug living quarters, where it chomps on the cow until the militia arrives and puts it down.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 06:46:53 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20996 on: March 22, 2012, 06:48:02 pm »

These hivers are some nastly little bastards; They basically said "fuck learing how to operate a stubgun" and went right into learning the finer points of beating the ever loving shit out of people. By, as soon as I started training, sparring. I mean they imediately started mock-wailing on eachother.

And they don't take kindly to giant arachnids skulking near the town well either; A wrestler got interrupted and promptly beat the shit out of the highly venomous over-sized spider. The stubgun captain managed to get one of her 3 recruits to sit down and start learning the inner workings of the complicated rifle, but the other two insist upon beating eachother silly. Same with the melee squad, but in thier case it's understandable; I haven't figured out how to get limemilk to make metal so I can make more rifles and melee gear/armor. I wonder if the outlaws got any guard issue gear...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20997 on: March 22, 2012, 06:54:41 pm »

Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20999 on: March 22, 2012, 06:57:06 pm »

Yup.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 1398 1399 [1400] 1401 1402 ... 3842