Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 [1394] 1395 1396 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120822 times)

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20895 on: March 19, 2012, 09:35:13 pm »

JESUS CHRIST! THAT VOMIT MONSTER JUST KILLED MY ENTIRE MILITARY!

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20896 on: March 19, 2012, 09:40:29 pm »

Those dirty stealth necromancers ...
There's at least one (or more as sometime they're ambushing with several other necromancers) of those guys in the opposite side of the river (that i can't access for now).

I have not seen them yet, but i know they're here as my outdoor refuse stockpile started to have corpses parts animating and attacking, and i'm not on an evil biome (but there's a tower some place nearby.

As i searched my side of the river once i destroyed several times each undead body parts, i'm now sure they're on that out of reach side. Currently building some floor tiles so i can send whatever is left of my military (lost half my dozen of dwarves to those multiple time reanimated attacks + freshly dead dwarves being re-animated too).

But fights can really get ugly in DF, my medical chief was attacked by a corpse that had been killed already once or twice, and that was not really clean battle

ugggh..

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20897 on: March 19, 2012, 10:01:54 pm »

Kobold tried to slip by an adaquate observer fishery worker. I didn't know she had fighting skills, and when I hastily drafted her to bludgeon the little bastered, she yanked the knife out of his hands, and stabbed him with it before kicking him to the ground, discarding the knife and stomping his poor little brains out.

I have since ordered her to be a dual-wielding knife fighter, as a chainsworddorf had murdered another thief earlier.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #20898 on: March 19, 2012, 10:18:44 pm »

Did some doing, but I've killed the beast. Needed to find a space with enough clearance.

Question is.. what do do with the webs.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20899 on: March 19, 2012, 10:19:04 pm »

Kobold tried to slip by an adaquate observer fishery worker. I didn't know she had fighting skills, and when I hastily drafted her to bludgeon the little bastered, she yanked the knife out of his hands, and stabbed him with it before kicking him to the ground, discarding the knife and stomping his poor little brains out.

Good to know you have some Tsundere in your fort.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It may be best to just ignore the incident completely...

But seriously, did the dwarf auto-equip the knife against the kobold.
Or did you have to manually conscript / equip her during combat for that to happen?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20900 on: March 19, 2012, 10:29:54 pm »

Good to know you have some Tsundere in your fort.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It may be best to just ignore the incident completely...

But seriously, did the dwarf auto-equip the knife against the kobold.
Or did you have to manually conscript / equip her during combat for that to happen?

Ripped it right out of his hands. She didn't havce any weapons before the fight took place, and then I saw a report of her stabbing the kobold. With his own knife.

And now the fortress merchant has bitten off another thief's entire right arm. I have a fort with more psychotic than average dwarves. Oh and no-one is seeing to my militia commander's injuries, and she is slowly bleeding to death cause no-one has closed up the wound she sustained killing an elf caravan's yak.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20901 on: March 19, 2012, 11:03:52 pm »

Any enemy will use whatever they're holding in their hands as a weapon. Hence why Minotaurs and Colossi tend to beat dwarves to death with socks- they rip a sock off with a wrestling move and now have a 'weapon' to use.

pi_Age

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20902 on: March 19, 2012, 11:04:23 pm »

2 dorfs fishing from a draw bridge leading to my walled courtyard...

a sneaky necromancer intruder! Curses, I don't have traps nor military.
Raise the draw bridge!

Now I know that draw bridges are excellent creature-catapults.
Watch 3 dorfs fly is hilarious

prim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20903 on: March 20, 2012, 02:12:00 am »

first migrant wave

2 ghosts, nothing else
I'm wondering what the hell the neighboring necromancer was thinking when he named his stupid slab "Droolsluts the Anuses of Piss".

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20904 on: March 20, 2012, 02:24:16 am »

Don'tcha hate it when poltergeists move in?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

prim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20905 on: March 20, 2012, 02:36:54 am »

next wave...

2 migrants from old fort (can tell by the number plate i put on them), both at 0 happiness, go into instant melancholy
+1 normal migrant

heck thats an improvement right?
I'm wondering what the hell the neighboring necromancer was thinking when he named his stupid slab "Droolsluts the Anuses of Piss".

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #20906 on: March 20, 2012, 02:43:43 am »

merchant comes, sees refuses all around (kitty cat murderer yeahy!) starts showing his true colors. Gets killed by caravan guard (masterwork mod), and i watch.
as my fort on a lookout cliff has crossbowmans to spare, i'm thinking that death will come when i either breach magma or from the inside.
by the way, my last migrant wave? they seemed never to stop. 58! FIFTY-EIGHT. with 16 kids.
sorry guys, you lot go into the hospital beds. not carving out more rooms for you.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20907 on: March 20, 2012, 02:44:40 am »

first migrant wave

2 ghosts, nothing else

We could be on the verge of a four fold crossrept. A P.K.E. surge of incredible even dangerous proportions.

prim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20908 on: March 20, 2012, 03:30:15 am »

my craftsdwarf, the only one unhappy, out of all ecstatic dwarves, was crafting bone bolts

suddenly throws a tantrum, breaks his workshop, bolts fly everywhere, then he calms down

sounds like he needs a different job - anyone know how i can force him to stand next to a waterfall?

Shambling Zombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20909 on: March 20, 2012, 04:18:51 am »

A Giant Child named Alti just wandered over to my fort, and tried to eat my lumberjacks. My spearmen dealt with the lumbering hoodlum, and now we're bring him to be butchered.

Good times.
Pages: 1 ... 1392 1393 [1394] 1395 1396 ... 3842