Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5972517 times)

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #20970 on: March 21, 2012, 09:01:21 pm »

More Anvilring: 

Stukos Mebzuthotung Gosterdatur Kol, "Stukos Oarshock the Hoary Spires of Wheeling," is the militia captain of my first squad of speardwarves.  She is also the wielder of the named steel spear that has slain two dragons and a bronze colossus.

As a reward for her incredible battle prowess, I have awarded her Urolidash Zengodakir, "Closemoistness the Dignified Reward."  It is an artifact cave spider silk cape worth 39560 dwarfbucks.

My head spearmistress is worth it.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

luisedgm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20971 on: March 21, 2012, 09:03:37 pm »

Im creating a huge puzzle room for adventurer mode, its taking about 10x times more than expected, at least the fort is getting filled with artifacts

Prometheusmfd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20972 on: March 21, 2012, 09:06:26 pm »

I'm currently learning how to trade
I just googled that phrase and found nothing. Congratulations, those three words in that order have never been typed into the googleable internet before! Until now.

Terratoch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20973 on: March 21, 2012, 09:25:36 pm »

There's another siege. OH GOD THERE'S OVER A HUNDRED OF THEM! WE DON'T EVEN HAVE A RESPECTABLE MILITARY!
WE'RE TOTALLY SCREWED...? They're fighting... eachother? Okay.
Apparently I've been simultaneously besieged by mortal enemies whilst a drow caravan gets murdered by the crossfire. There's animated body parts and fire and death and warlocks and magic and fire and fire all over the place.
And now some orcs have come with crossbows and begun shooting at the undead horde that resides
A screenshot is in order, I think?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The only thing better than dining on a fine goblin is using said goblins tallow for soap to fix up my soldiers.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #20974 on: March 21, 2012, 10:17:47 pm »

Another large scale goblin siege, buttoned into my fortress very well, activated the alert to make sure no civilians would expose themselves to the bazillion of ranged goblins that appeared.

So far so good, got lot of caged invaders in my traps.

Then i noticed their crossbow wiedlers shooting massively and repeatedly to my entrance rooftop. Strange as i have not deployed my marksdwarves there, being outnumbered by those ranged goblins, it would have been stupid.

I gave a look at the rooftop and saw in horror that several dwarven civilians were there, dying and crippled by so much bolts.

And then i remember a year ago having extended the burrow to include the roof , and forgot after all the time that i always had this sector included in my defined burrow.

Quickly i edited the burrow and removed the whole roof access and saw what is surely a bug i didn't knew about :
Rushing out of my more limited burrow perimeted,  i saw lot of my usefull and very competent civilians dwarves rushing to the roof to rescue the dying dwarves despite the zone is out of the burrow, getting shots themselves, crippled and killed by the rain of non stop goblin bolts, lost every single of my doctors in that, several legendary crafters to that bug i didn't knew.

So lesson to learn, always check if your burrow are correctly defined before a siege army is reaching the bottom of your walls, it takes some time for the dwarf AI to understand the new limits of a burrow.
Can't believe so many of my dwarves that were living since several years, that resisted titans and undead fell to a gameplay "oops".

At least it opened lots of new room for future migrant in my gigantic individual bedroom system (helps a very lot in avoiding tantrum spiral, as they get happy thought of seeing their own fine bed, coffer and cabinet, and it helps a lot too with those cloth they throw all over the fort, as they store it then in their own cabinet instead of letting them on the ground)

Schizotek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20975 on: March 22, 2012, 01:09:41 am »

I'm wondering what the hell the neighboring necromancer was thinking when he named his stupid slab "Droolsluts the Anuses of Piss". Nothing pleasant I imagine. Her name is Luredrinks the Bitten Flames of Ignition. I imagine shes some sort of horrible undead seductress...... Those poor poor elf corpses...I imagine the touch of this vile woman was unbearable for them.
Imagine the will it took to create a fortress like this. And what have you elves built? Nothing. You can only loot and break. You're not dwarves!! You're just termites at Versailles.

It's not that I don't suffer, it's that I know the unimportance of suffering, I know that pain is to be fought and thrown aside, not to be accepted as part of one's soul and as a permanent scar across one's view of existence.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20976 on: March 22, 2012, 01:22:29 am »

Audiolog of Lacinia 'Splint' Harenaventus, Expedition leader into the southern ash wastes, date unknown.

We've come across a good position we can defend after a week's traveling. We're all worried about outlaw gangers, scavvies, and crap like that, but I'm sure the Emperor will protect us out here. Our hunter Turris said he'd like to try and tackle a few of the local wolf spiders, but I forbade him to even consider such a risk; he's our only skilled soldier out of the lot of us, and we need his skill to defend the settelment and train new recruits. It doesn't help that at present we have niether the tools or means to produce more munitions for our only respectable weapon, a cheap carbide autogun. Not as nice as Guard issue Lasguns, but better than nothing at all.

I spotted an outcropping of compressed rockcrete and underhive rouble that will make good pillboxes, so I've ordered Convallis to dig out a bunch of that useless compressed rubble. She's a sweet thing, but a bit on the slow side. And the only one of us who knows how to work that stupid drill without making the battery pack explode. My brother-in-law came with us, but killed himself when he overclocked the pack on our spare rockdrill and made the damn thing explode weeks ago. Wasn't even enough of him left to bury in a coffee cup...

-The audiolog ends when the expedition leader is called outside the small alcove dug into some useless slag-

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #20977 on: March 22, 2012, 01:25:27 am »

blah blah

I take it the railgun mod is finished?
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20978 on: March 22, 2012, 01:35:52 am »

blah blah

I take it the railgun mod is finished?

Actually it's a mod based upon the premise of underhive citizens setting off into the ash wastes of necromunda. It's for DF2010, so I decided to go back to play it. Outside the undiggable soil (preventing me from setting up pill boxes in certain points) It's working out so far. Whoever did this made the Autoguns fire much quicker than the crossbows so there's something that influences rate of fire.

However if Spearbreakers does well enough to warrent a sequel, Mr Frog the dwarf will become a major influence upon the future.

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20979 on: March 22, 2012, 01:50:57 am »

Another Forgotten Beast bites the dust.  The FB showed up around Z-level -27, swimming around in the underground sea.  I let it be for a while, but eventually it surfaced "on land" in the cavern and started chasing a decent furnace operator (who was collecting webs at the time).  After chasing it for a long time, giving my squads time to arrive, it killed my poor furnace operator.

After a long fight, the Forgotten Beast finally expired.  Apparently, despite having a named steel mace, one of my Mace Lords decided to rip out the FB's throat with his teeth.  So, yeah, don't mess with Thob Kemsoriton Vathemdak Asob, "Thob Entrancehalls the Saturnine Tree of Boards."
Leave anything to chance, eventually the RNG will roll a 1 and everything will erupt in a fountain of magma and vomit.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20980 on: March 22, 2012, 01:58:24 am »

His name'd be more epic if he killed things with either a tree sapling or a wooden board with nails in one end.

MenacesWithSpikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20981 on: March 22, 2012, 02:00:38 am »

His name'd be more epic if he killed things with either a tree sapling or a wooden board with nails in one end.

That would be awesome!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20982 on: March 22, 2012, 02:11:26 am »

Audiolog 2 of Lacinia 'Splint' Harenaventus, Expedition leader into the southern ash wastes, date unknown.

Excavation is going well, all things considered. I had a few of the others make some mechanisms, proper blocks, anchairs and tables from some excess rockcrete from the under-construction rockcrete pillbox. Then we set about smothing out the walls leding to it, since we had little else to do with our time as the few saplings growing by our mercilessly lifeless river have yet to regrow and we've nowhere to put any plants we gather. And I figured it needed a proper fortification...y... look to it. Also had a Depot tossed together from some of the rockcrete blocks.

Since we ran out of food and haven't the bags to process our gathered bloodfungi and cave spore flessh to, I decided I'd handle butchering our spare grox bull. As much as I hate to say it, I may need to send Turris out to kill a spider or two so we'll have enough food to eat.

I'm getting sick of this damned rain. Splint out.

-AUDIOLOG TERMINATED-

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #20983 on: March 22, 2012, 02:20:15 am »

@Splint:

Where can I find this mod? It sounds awesome.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20984 on: March 22, 2012, 02:38:28 am »

@Splint:

Where can I find this mod? It sounds awesome.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100255.0

It is for DF2010, and is a total conversion. Look for underhive rubble, rockcrete, and plascrete to dig through. on the latter 2 will actually yield stone, soil is undiggable, and use of reveal to find rockcret and plascrete is highly advisedif there are no visible outcroppings. Thread has a chart to mkae things a little easier (That I'm blatently disregarding.)

Should I make a story thread for this settelment? I'm starting to get into this. Giant wolf spiders are attcking one of my herb gatherers so i sent Turris to kill it.

Audiolog 3 of Lacinia 'Splint' Harenaventus, Expedition leader into the southern ash wastes, date unknown.

Damned spiders will be the death of us! I dunno if our grox cow will live, and as we haven't had the opprotunity to make a nest for her I fear we'll have none come next.... whatever passes for spring on this miserable rock. I have dispatched Turris to deal with it. Hopefully a few mallium slugs and a thorough Carbide stock beating will teach those Emperor-damned things not to mess with hivers.

The grox bull we still have didn't take kindly to that spider attacking its mate, and one of our two fungilists is topside being hounded by that thing. As the other is inside and I paid little mind to who was doing what while I chopped up the spare bull I can't tell who it is running around screaming topside. No matter, as from what I heard unless they sink their fangs into your skull you needen't worry about much beyond a broken bone at the absolute worst. I pray that's correct.

Excavation is progressing well, at least. We've moved the organs and meat in for food and fertilizer, not that we can make any until we get the water purifier up and running. I'm going to see if I can get a view of the fight topside, Splint out.

-AUDIOLOG TERMINATED-
Pages: 1 ... 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 ... 3839