Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1253 1254 [1255] 1256 1257 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099565 times)

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #18810 on: February 05, 2012, 01:58:46 pm »

I started a new fort and I was like "Why are my dwarves moving like they've got speed:0??".

Then I looked a the FPS counter.

850 FPS.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18811 on: February 05, 2012, 02:24:54 pm »

I started a new fort and I was like "Why are my dwarves moving like they've got speed:0??".

850 FPS.
LIES.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18812 on: February 05, 2012, 02:28:23 pm »

850 FPS.
LIES.

I know right?

It's a small map on a very shallow world with little vertical difference (the highest point is only 5z above the lowest) and there are only 30 units on the map.  I have only just started digging, so there arn't many items clogging it up either.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

CaptainBadwheel

• Bay Watcher
  • Either a Doomsday Device or an Ice Cream maker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18813 on: February 05, 2012, 02:28:39 pm »

My legendary axe dwarf just picked up a brand spanking new *Adamantine Battleaxe*.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18814 on: February 05, 2012, 02:31:10 pm »

My legendary axe dwarf just picked up a brand spanking new *Adamantine Battleaxe*.

Oooh shiney.

obolisk0430

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18815 on: February 05, 2012, 03:08:16 pm »

Only recently started this fortress, so training my first few dorf conscripts, and digging out more room in a convieniant section of the cavern that I found, and then made inacessable, exept through the fort, so that big nasty things cant get in.  In a bit, I will set up some walls or something to close off the little gap in the wall to prevent unwanted and early fun in the form of a giant winged skinless yak or something.
Oh, yes, and making pants for the Mountainhome.
Let this be a lesson to us all: Immortality is only temporary. That's why its called immortality.

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18816 on: February 05, 2012, 04:01:26 pm »

Messing around with building designs and stonesense.
 Since, y'know, I won't be able to use stonesense with the next release ... for a while anyway.

(clickable image)
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18817 on: February 05, 2012, 05:29:13 pm »

Well... that didn't go according to plan. I carefully picked out a sword dwarf to be a baroness. She was a masterful ans awesome person, what could possibly go wrong? Well, she was miserable about the 12 year old mayor having a better room than her (hold on a few months, we're making it!), and threw a tantrum. She killed 3 dwarves. She sent another one to be chained up, who later also went berserk and had to be put down. Then she went berserk herself and ran around killing some people. I had to draw in the spear dwarves to take her down.

I have full confidence we'll pull through this (I do have at least a few dwarves who basically can't be killed and don't really care about anything anymore). This is going to take a good amount of recovery time after this tantrum spiral burns out though.

EDIT: The tantrum spiral is still going on, and I discovered two things. If a person is chained when they want to start a fist fight, no problem, they can't reach their target. Also, farmers are notoriously evil for propagating tantrums, and teh vast majority of my farmers are now dead.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 06:41:47 pm by malimbar04 »
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18818 on: February 05, 2012, 05:38:32 pm »

This sums up the last five minutes of my fort.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Crap, I needed those haulers too.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18819 on: February 05, 2012, 05:38:44 pm »

850 FPS.
LIES.

I get 1000 FPS on 4x4 embarks until I have ~20 dwarves.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18820 on: February 05, 2012, 05:41:12 pm »

850 FPS.
LIES.

I get 1000 FPS on 4x4 embarks until I have ~20 dwarves.

It's delicious, isn't it?

It's amazing the drop in FPS pathfinding causes.

LARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18821 on: February 05, 2012, 05:44:37 pm »

I'm confused, my millitia commander is dual wielding an adamantine mace and war hammer with his right hand! he has a shield in his right. does anybody else have this? Does it work? I haven't tested him yet.
Obama is not middle eastern pacifist who gave out free health care, You're thinking of Jesus

Quote from: God
Nietzsche is dead and I killed him
Quote from: Douglas Adams
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18822 on: February 05, 2012, 05:49:58 pm »

What?

You want to say that you're not able to dualwield two weapons in one hand? Lame :P Dwarves do that all the time!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18823 on: February 05, 2012, 06:18:31 pm »

I'm confused, my millitia commander is dual wielding an adamantine mace and war hammer with his right hand! he has a shield in his right. does anybody else have this? Does it work? I haven't tested him yet.

my question.... why the hell did you make adamantine BLUNT weapons...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18824 on: February 05, 2012, 06:24:18 pm »

In the multiplayer glacier fort, I was making a well to save cameron.

After knocking myself off my feet with high-pressure water, the well was finished.

Right as the well was finished, Cameron died of thirst.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Pages: 1 ... 1253 1254 [1255] 1256 1257 ... 3842