Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1228 1229 [1230] 1231 1232 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100419 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #18435 on: January 21, 2012, 07:42:23 am »

One of my legendary armorers just wend mood and grabbed a candy wafer and a few rock blocks! This will(hopefully) be good....

...Well crap, it's a low boot. Ah well, it's still an artifact adamantine boot, I'll give it to my guard captain(so that makes it all my squad leaders have artifacts)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:45:23 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18436 on: January 21, 2012, 08:12:19 am »

One of my legendary armorers just wend mood and grabbed a candy wafer and a few rock blocks! This will(hopefully) be good....

...Well crap, it's a low boot. Ah well, it's still an artifact adamantine boot, I'll give it to my guard captain(so that makes it all my squad leaders have artifacts)

Look on the bright side, it's a GREAT low boot >_> that foot will be invincible.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18437 on: January 21, 2012, 11:43:11 am »

Two strange moods in my latest fortress resulted in:
A quantum lead gauntlet that menaces with spikes of lead and has a picture of itself on it in dog bone.
And the other resulted in a cow bone statue of a roc ripping apart an elf of some importance.

I think that I'm going to like this place.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #18438 on: January 21, 2012, 12:08:47 pm »

@trirar:
your sig makes me laugh every time I see it

Almost ready to open the magma flow when I realize: the mechanisms are not magma safe, the bridges are not magma safe and I do not want to melt my fort from the inside
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18439 on: January 21, 2012, 12:50:23 pm »

Building an odd structure at the top of the Vneck ramp entrance to my fort.. Easiest way to explain it is a kind of an inverted spire cut in half. Will screen it when its done.
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18440 on: January 21, 2012, 01:08:35 pm »

Igniz Therak, "The Slayer of Uzok" single-handedly killed the fire-breathing plesiosaur forgotten beast Uzok and saved the entire fort... Only to die moments later after her clothes caught fire... I didn't realize that cave fungus burned so well. Needless to say she will be given a hero's memorial.
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18441 on: January 21, 2012, 09:11:22 pm »

The Goblins FINALLY decided to show up in force. 4 squads consisting of trolls, bowgobs, lashers and speargobs led by a swordmaster. I pull everyone inside and let them hit the first line of traps on my bridge...and laugh my ass off as not even one reaches the line of cage traps behind it. it's raining goblins!(And assorted goblin parts; serrated discs, even green glass ones, tend to really chunk invaders)

Meanwhile, while this is going on, I'm opening up the caverns to explore, and having to temporarily halt walling off a small area in the first cavern, I'd stationed my recruit spear squad to guard the entrance. This is important, since I'd actually forgotten that there's a passage from the first caverns down to the second, and there's been an FB chilling in the second cavern layer since forever. I check back from the action above to see a lot of blood around the recruits and a flashing corpse! However, none of the blood was from the now speardorfs, and the FB was only a deadly spittle, so no worries about them suddenly dieing since they managed to block or dodge all the spit thrown their way. Thanks for being a training dummy, Thol!

Heh, you know, with all the lessons learned on this fort, (like how to PROPERLY do a dodge me bridge; I'd need a second, regular entrance for traders so that whenever a diplomat comes I don't have to keep rebuilding my traps if I ever decide to piss off that civ) I've decided to finish outfitting my warriors in candy and dig into the HFS to take on clowns! Will post the final battle of Wheelbaldness soon!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18442 on: January 21, 2012, 09:15:09 pm »

I have a three dwarf militia, all clad in (mostly) copper armour. Can someone explain to me how the only wound any of them have suffered, even taking into account multiple ambushes, has been one from a master thief who stabbed my wrestler in the gut?

Now two of them have died due to a FB and Goblin siege. Now the only one left is the Axelord who is my 'kill-everything-uber-fast' dwarf. Seriously. My Wrestler died due to the FB drowning him, and the Speardwarf got ripped apart by gobbos without killing a single one. Then my axedwarf wakes up, goes outside and kills all 11 gobbo lashers/hammergobbs in under five seconds.

P.S. HOW THE HELL DOES HE RUN SO FAST??? HE JUST ROCKETS AROUND MY FORT! ??HOW??

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18443 on: January 21, 2012, 09:25:29 pm »

P.S. HOW THE HELL DOES HE RUN SO FAST??? HE JUST ROCKETS AROUND MY FORT! ??HOW??

Agility is proportional to the dodger and armor user skills, and probably shield user, I don't know for sure. Having a high strength from various combat skills also makes equipment weigh you down less, so an axelord would probably get a few more moves per tick.

I don't know why the game allows this, probably to reward you for keeping troops alive, or maybe because it's fun to see your numbers go up in a video game, or maybe it's an attempt at physical or literary accuracy. It's prett-ay cool though.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18444 on: January 21, 2012, 09:25:47 pm »

I have a three dwarf militia, all clad in (mostly) copper armour. Can someone explain to me how the only wound any of them have suffered, even taking into account multiple ambushes, has been one from a master thief who stabbed my wrestler in the gut?

Now two of them have died due to a FB and Goblin siege. Now the only one left is the Axelord who is my 'kill-everything-uber-fast' dwarf. Seriously. My Wrestler died due to the FB drowning him, and the Speardwarf got ripped apart by gobbos without killing a single one. Then my axedwarf wakes up, goes outside and kills all 11 gobbo lashers/hammergobbs in under five seconds.

I think its quite obvious. He is the Flash.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18445 on: January 21, 2012, 10:10:52 pm »

I think its quite obvious. He is the Flash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyIIYerdlUA&feature=related

He'll save every one of us.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18446 on: January 21, 2012, 11:52:37 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 07:27:43 am by Ogdibus »

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18447 on: January 22, 2012, 12:38:48 am »

So, two dwarven children just showed up at my volcano-fortress.

They both have the same parent. They were both born within three years of each other. Neither of them have a mother. Neither of them are listed as each other's siblings.

:|

Now, I've heard of sibling rivalry, but to go as far as to never acknowledge your sibling as existing is kinda a bit much. And why do they only have one parent?

Mysterious lot, the dwarves.

UPDATE: They even worship the same bloody gods.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18448 on: January 22, 2012, 02:06:18 am »

I just embarked, for the first time ever, on evil terrain.

Was greeted about a month later by a werewolf - and it got absolutely hammered into oblivion by my three-strong militia. None of my militia have armour. They had copper warhammers and the amazingly protective pig-tail-fibre clothing.

I've had tougher fights from turkeys. What the hell.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #18449 on: January 22, 2012, 06:07:30 am »

I've had tougher fights from turkeys. What the hell.

Small critters tend to be harder to hurt. Ever seen a Bronze Colossi go after a kitten?
Pages: 1 ... 1228 1229 [1230] 1231 1232 ... 3842