Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100289 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #18450 on: January 22, 2012, 07:59:00 am »

ready to breach magma!

"urist, you're promoted from cheesemaker to miner. Have a go at the end of that long tunnel we recently secured with all the magma safe materials."

"Gosh, I'm so honored, I'll start immediately... Why are you all grinning like that?"
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18451 on: January 22, 2012, 08:01:51 am »

And why do they only have one parent?

I've also seen this. A mayor in one of my forts had a child, who also lived in the fort. The child, who was later chosen to be mayor, had no mother. The father was not married when he arrived. He later DID get married though... Dwarven divorce?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

pivole

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:gut-rotting brews]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18452 on: January 22, 2012, 09:54:58 am »

In the time it took me to decide that I should engage the FB, a horde of elk birds turned up, and then another FB. My 30 mêlée dwarves formed up, with 20 marksdwarves in support. A Waxworke knocked through the wall, and my dwarves piled in, smashing them to pieces without any counter strikes from he beasts. The elk birds then un-handed two of my dwarves, and were in turn smashed to pieces.
Now there is a silty clay mountain Titan outside, and many stray dogs with a mouthful of silty clay each.

Also, clay loam is workable. Silty clay is workable. Why is silty clay loam not workable?
For glory, Godde and gold in the Virginia Company!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18453 on: January 22, 2012, 10:08:32 am »

If its from the Titan I think it count as tissue, and is therefore not useable in pottery. I think.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18454 on: January 22, 2012, 10:13:19 am »

In the time it took me to decide that I should engage the FB, a horde of elk birds turned up, and then another FB. My 30 mêlée dwarves formed up, with 20 marksdwarves in support. A Waxworke knocked through the wall, and my dwarves piled in, smashing them to pieces without any counter strikes from he beasts. The elk birds then un-handed two of my dwarves, and were in turn smashed to pieces.
Now there is a silty clay mountain Titan outside, and many stray dogs with a mouthful of silty clay each.

Also, clay loam is workable. Silty clay is workable. Why is silty clay loam not workable?
You can't make things out of FB parts. It kind of sucks because melting that Steel FB into swords would be pretty badass.

JasonMel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18455 on: January 22, 2012, 10:17:00 am »

It probably has a lower fraction of clay than either of the other two.

hobgoblin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18456 on: January 22, 2012, 12:07:19 pm »

Embarked on badlands with no water. Dorfs been drinking lots of beer and wine.

Im doing fairly well against the goblins. I think they have only killed civilians, but if any of my dorfs gets hangover they are doomed.

Trying to dig for my 1st cavern and find some water.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18457 on: January 22, 2012, 12:09:49 pm »

You can't make things out of FB parts. It kind of sucks because melting that Steel FB into swords would be pretty badass.

specially if it kept any flesh syndromes. i was so disappointed after i couldn't make the flaming steel FB that attacked me into swords...

Robot9091

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18458 on: January 22, 2012, 01:52:06 pm »

Just had the biggest migration of my life, 24 dwarfs.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18459 on: January 22, 2012, 02:10:12 pm »

Had a single ambush wipe out my entire military of ten along with around six civilians.
They got past the layer of traps in front of the hall which should have decimated them and they were only stopped from destroying the entire fortress by my best miner who I recruited at the last second.  He stood there alone in the grand hall, with a almost literal flood of dwarves streaming past him then assisted by only a single other dwarf unskilled dwarf he drove the entire force back out of the fortress, but later died from the wounds he received from the lashers.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18460 on: January 22, 2012, 04:26:10 pm »

Attempt One to plug the aquifer at my new fort failed: The plug transmuted itself into the red sand of the aquifer when I caved it in. I'm torn between trying to get the incredibly lazy miners to do another one, or just waiting to be able to use Plan B: The open pit that should freeze and give me time to cut through and wall it off once winter sets in.

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18461 on: January 22, 2012, 05:44:24 pm »

mêlée

Yessssssssssss

What happens if you designate the carcass for melting with d-b or the Stocks menu?

Attempt One to plug the aquifer at my new fort failed: The plug transmuted itself into the red sand of the aquifer when I caved it in. I'm torn between trying to get the incredibly lazy miners to do another one, or just waiting to be able to use Plan B: The open pit that should freeze and give me time to cut through and wall it off once winter sets in.

If it freezes that is like the best thing that can happen.

Had a single ambush wipe out my entire military of ten along with around six civilians.
They got past the layer of traps in front of the hall which should have decimated them and they were only stopped from destroying the entire fortress by my best miner who I recruited at the last second.  He stood there alone in the grand hall, with a almost literal flood of dwarves streaming past him then assisted by only a single other dwarf unskilled dwarf he drove the entire force back out of the fortress, but later died from the wounds he received from the lashers.

What was the overall fortress population (counting children)?

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18462 on: January 22, 2012, 05:47:27 pm »

My new fortress is called Tipgloves. I thought I'd try specializing my food industry by concentrating on cheese and wine, but I forgot to bring the goats... :/

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18463 on: January 22, 2012, 06:24:18 pm »

mêlée

Yessssssssssss

What happens if you designate the carcass for melting with d-b or the Stocks menu?

If it freezes that is like the best thing that can happen.

What was the overall fortress population (counting children)?
You can't designate a body for melting. I tried, many many many times.

Kc_spot

• Bay Watcher
  • RAW RAW OUT THINK THA POWAH!!!
    • View Profile
    • DFnoob
« Reply #18464 on: January 22, 2012, 07:29:02 pm »

Just had the biggest migration of my life, 24 dwarfs.
they get bigger.

Trust me.
Yours is the fort that will pierce the hells!

Oh look, A DF blog.

This is a goblin skull loo. all craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with troll teeth.
Pages: 1 ... 1229 1230 [1231] 1232 1233 ... 3842