Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120375 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #14235 on: June 30, 2011, 07:16:29 pm »

An elven caravan came. Normally this isn't a big deal but they had a Giant Lion that they were willing to trade for a couple of instruments! Stupid elves! hehehe.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14236 on: June 30, 2011, 07:38:13 pm »

I just genned a world where goblins have been wiped out.  By elves.   :o

Edit:  I embarked as The Purple Tombs, of The Salve of Battle, in what will be known as Glowingmansions.  I plan to make this the most luxurious fort I've ever had.

Edit 2:  I just noticed I have a 9 Z-level waterfall on my map.  I'll put either bedrooms or tombs for the starting 7 alongside it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:54:31 pm by BodyGripper »
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14237 on: June 30, 2011, 07:41:34 pm »

A general of the goblin civilisation showed up.  A Dracon, same as my modded fortress race, wearing all kinds of bone, horn and tooth trinkets made from his own race.  I expected an interesting battle.

Instead it seems he showed up unarmed and unarmored and got his heart shredded by the first attack of the first serrated disk trap that he encountered.  To add insult to injury, it was made of copper and mostly just intended to coax people to dodge into a pit instead of do any damage by itself.  Fail.

In other news it seems my worthless unskilled peasants know how to fight.
The Peasant grabs The Orc Master Thief by the left ear with her right upper arm!
The Peasant punches The Orc Master Thief in the head with her left hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
The Orc Master Thief has been knocked unconscious!

"Hold still so I can Falcon Paunch you."
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14238 on: June 30, 2011, 07:59:10 pm »

My excavations are under way, and the first wildlife other than wild horses on the other side of the river was a badger man conga line. My copper-clad axeman went and axed them into pieces along with his pet war lizards. The next thing that spawns?
Giant Badgers.
DFHack looks very tempting right now.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14239 on: June 30, 2011, 08:15:08 pm »

It can't be made into weapons, unless you get a REALLY lucky dorf mood, so its only real use is decoration.

I don't want a dorf mood. Well, I guess I can make a few things out of platinum and sell those to either the humans or dwarfs. And I've seen some things talking about platinum war hammers, so why say it can't have weapons made of the stuff?

callahan.44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14240 on: June 30, 2011, 08:35:18 pm »

Bad News: Just had the worst mofo FB. Normally I fear the syndromes, but the deadly dust from this one was like a 25-30 square nuke.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lost 3 steel clad legendary dwarfs and the rest in the hospital will probably never fight again. (We need wheelchairs Toady!)

Good News: Elves just brought two giant eagles (male + female)
"I had it all. I had a fortress that was very decent, a military that was getting very respectable. I was close to being complete."
"Shit man, now it's all gone."

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14241 on: June 30, 2011, 08:37:12 pm »

Recently started a new embark.  Good news is that with an active volcano, flux, and sand, I am anticipating a steel-clad military and a green glass tower to the heavens.  Only into early summer and am already in possession of a full metalworks facility.

The bad news is that my chocobos are starving to death due to a lack of gysahl greens in the current biomes and it only grows extremely sparsely next to the brook in the tiny top corner of my embark.  I am not sure how to rectify this except by mass butchering, but one of them is already a pet. :/

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #14242 on: June 30, 2011, 09:12:28 pm »

Ack!  Wagon parked on a skeletal polar bear!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Indricotherium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14243 on: June 30, 2011, 09:18:44 pm »

It can't be made into weapons, unless you get a REALLY lucky dorf mood, so its only real use is decoration.

I don't want a dorf mood. Well, I guess I can make a few things out of platinum and sell those to either the humans or dwarfs. And I've seen some things talking about platinum war hammers, so why say it can't have weapons made of the stuff?
If you're referring to Towersoared, Battlecat modded platinum to be a weapons material. In vanilla DF, it isn't.

In my fort we may be facing The Event. The new castle has its drawbridge but the lever is not hooked up yet. The only route to the old fort is over open terrain. Many dwarfs are in both and a low level tantrum spiral has been simmering. That's when the siege arrives. Time to do squad assignments to try and cover the retreat out of the new into the old and unpause...
That is a wasteful idea that recklessly endangers life. I applaud your genius!
There are as many ways to play the game as there are socks on a battlefield.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14244 on: June 30, 2011, 11:48:12 pm »

Finally decided to go to the caverns to kill that FB that has been lurking there a few years. I need a lot of towercap to make my water reactor look pretty and my woodcutters don't need to be bothered.

Now my dwarves are feeling comfortably numb and i'm trying to pave over the pools of extract. Must invest in decontamination chamber.

Ragingpantsless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14245 on: July 01, 2011, 12:11:49 am »

Completely isolated volcano hill and am in the process of hollowing it out. Megaproject planned is a massive magma birdbath that will have both the ability to fail spectacularly and/or end undesirables in the kill gates.
"And if you look down in the boiler chamber, you'll see that our hot spring is powered by an ancient, unholy, cramped and extremely pissed forgotten beast."

Khris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14246 on: July 01, 2011, 02:11:32 am »

HOLY F***!!!!! I have 3 visible tiles of FRICKIN' NATIVE PLATINUM in Dikefaith!!!!!!!!!! At first glance, I thought it was galena, but when I loo[k]ed at it, it came up with Rough-hewn Native Platinum Wall. What do I do with it (besides dig the stuff up and smeltify it)?!?!?!?!?!

I had platinum in another fortress, then I dwarf got into a mood and made...a platinum throne.  8)

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #14247 on: July 01, 2011, 02:51:25 am »

You can also smooth it, then carvify it into a pictureswall and create a dininghall around it. :p
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14248 on: July 01, 2011, 04:05:54 am »

"Beware his deadly blood!"
Later, 1 in three dwarves caught a mild fever and fell unconscious. That was his syndrome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14249 on: July 01, 2011, 08:45:15 am »

"Kogan Kuletzes Lye Maker has given birth to triplets" - Yay!

Playing "No dwarves" from: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=87732.0
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 3842