Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111513 times)

Rhas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #13170 on: May 09, 2011, 05:34:18 am »

"The militia commander bites the goblin lasher in the nose, tearing apart the cartilidge through the troglodyte leather cloak"

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13171 on: May 09, 2011, 06:25:00 am »

"The militia commander bites the goblin lasher in the nose, tearing apart the cartilidge through the troglodyte leather cloak"
"Got your nose!"
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13172 on: May 09, 2011, 07:50:54 am »

Currently carving out a mountain to give myself enough space to build a half-decent guard tower over the entrance of my fort. 

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13173 on: May 09, 2011, 08:13:49 am »

i forgot to link a floodgate to a lever. since i breached the acquifer with all my dwarfs (7 miners) and the floodgate behind them, they drowned...fortress abbandoned? nope. because while my dwarfs were drowning...migrants came! yeah...i now have 3 dwarfs. obviously it's a shearer, a fisher and a marvelous peasant. What could go better?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13174 on: May 09, 2011, 08:27:55 am »

My baron is great. All he/she demands is zinc. And he/she is the Law.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13175 on: May 09, 2011, 09:02:40 am »

Giant ankylosaurus FB.
I hope he likes axes.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13176 on: May 09, 2011, 09:23:28 am »

A Minotaur arrived at my not-so-matured fort, one Axe-Dwarf ( still rated as a wrestler) killed it on his own with minimal injuries... Proud!

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13177 on: May 09, 2011, 01:55:09 pm »

A massive controlled cave-in resulted in dozens of downward slopes suspended in mid-air, so I'm building long, twisting bridges, floor tile by floor tile, to cover them up.

I might destroy the bridges afterwards, I don't know what I'd use them for.

Nasikabatrachus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who watchdwarfs the watchdwarves?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13178 on: May 09, 2011, 02:00:16 pm »

A forgotten beast was loosed on the bowels of my fort for about three in-game days before I realized it and dispatched the military. I have no idea how it got in, except for a) it flew through the fortifications between the fort proper and the caverns (carved to reveal more cavern) or b) FORGOTTEN BEASTS CAN FREAKING TELEPORT THROUGH FLOORS.

Probably a).

Luckily it doesn't seem to have had any syndromes or freaking boiling/freezing extract; nevertheless, four dwarves lost their lives in a place that should have been safe.
"I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scareth away ghosts, createth for itself goblins--it wanteth to laugh." Thus Spake Zarathustra, chapter 7, Friedrich Nietzsche

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13179 on: May 09, 2011, 02:12:59 pm »

My axelord, who has a named steel axe, just named her larch shield after dealing the finishing blow to a FB with it.
She's just plain awesome.

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13180 on: May 09, 2011, 02:34:15 pm »

I've got a couple of sad lookin' goblin ghosts chillin' on my goblin corpse pile...

Didn't even know that goblins could come back as ghosts...

That's really strange. I've never encountered any non-dwarf ghosts before, and I atom smash the corpses of many invader goblins. Did you do anything strange to their corpses?

No, I haven't done anything to their corpses... Also, before I stopped using coffins. My dorfs kept trying to put the goblin corpses and body parts into the coffins, and when I looked at the coffins with Q it would show up as Current Owner: [Generic goblin name here]...

EDIT: No, it isn't a reclaim
Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13181 on: May 09, 2011, 03:00:15 pm »

A Dwarf child has had a fey mood and started a mysterious construction...

A 3 year old created an artifact  dog-bone figurine of dwarves: 

Ekastebal Saverevered ( 34800 Urist )

"The dwarves are laboring. The artwork relates tothe foundation of Recluseanvil by The Ring of Phrases of The Oar of Tunnels in the early spring of 225. It is encircled with bands of sandy clay, dog leather, yellow zircon and cave spider silk. This object is adorned with hanging rings of sandy clay and manaces with spikes of dog bone, alpaca wool and dog leather. On the item is an image of worms in naked mole dog bone."

Hes now a Legendary Bone Carver.... which i can't use for years  :-\

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13182 on: May 09, 2011, 03:40:05 pm »

Oh man... I don't give a shit about strange ghostly goblins anymore... On my way to the magma sea, I found a magma pipe right after discovering the second cavern level...

EDIT: Nevermind... These ghosts are really starting to piss me off...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 05:14:58 pm by Kepplerr »
Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

Nasikabatrachus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who watchdwarfs the watchdwarves?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13183 on: May 09, 2011, 04:22:48 pm »

I've got a couple of sad lookin' goblin ghosts chillin' on my goblin corpse pile...

That's really strange. I've never encountered any non-dwarf ghosts before, and I atom smash the corpses of many invader goblins. Did you do anything strange to their corpses?

No, I haven't done anything to their corpses... Also, before I stopped using coffins. My dorfs kept trying to put the goblin corpses and body parts into the coffins, and when I looked at the coffins with Q it would show up as Current Owner: [Generic goblin name here]...

Maybe you're actually at peace with the goblins. Have you modded the Goblin raws at all?
"I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scareth away ghosts, createth for itself goblins--it wanteth to laugh." Thus Spake Zarathustra, chapter 7, Friedrich Nietzsche

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13184 on: May 09, 2011, 04:43:25 pm »

Maybe you're actually at peace with the goblins. Have you modded the Goblin raws at all?

No, I haven't... And on the embark screen it said that my civ was at war with them...
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 3842