Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 876 877 [878] 879 880 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111385 times)

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #13155 on: May 08, 2011, 09:57:31 pm »

My population is over 200 right now.  I guess my high survival rate drew the attention of Armok;  a human law-giver came to my fortress, and, a few seconds later, a goblin ambush appeared right next to him.  Their last law-giver was also killed by goblins on my land.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Doctor Steel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13156 on: May 08, 2011, 10:20:14 pm »

A possessed dorf is sitting at his gem table with 2 gems doing something.

i worry that he didnt get enough gems.

anyone know what happens if a possessed dorf doesnt get his stuff in time?

Beardy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13157 on: May 08, 2011, 10:22:00 pm »

Urist Glovedbrain has cut himself off from the fortress while digging out the prep work for the dining room waterfall, AGAIN.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13158 on: May 08, 2011, 10:38:38 pm »

The same as any other failed mood.  It can be somewhat sad, somewhat amusing, or potentially deadly if it's your most elite axe lord.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Raufgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13159 on: May 08, 2011, 10:41:49 pm »

"Bat-shit insane" is the word you're looking for.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13160 on: May 08, 2011, 11:07:58 pm »

Did you get the "Urist McJeweler has started a mysterious construction" message? If so, you have nothing to worry about. But relevantly, I have noticed that a lot of the jewel-related moods use remarkably little in the way of materials. May just be bad luck on my part though.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13161 on: May 08, 2011, 11:36:33 pm »

I've got a couple of sad lookin' goblin ghosts chillin' on my goblin corpse pile...

Didn't even know that goblins could come back as ghosts...
Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

Zesty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13162 on: May 08, 2011, 11:39:13 pm »

I spent all day on Dwarf Fortress. I decided to try a couple things I haven't tried before.

I created a reservoir. 10x10x10 scale. Fed by a few holes in the river (dropped from underneath with the help of floodgates). Added a hatch-covered drain controlled by a lever that went straight into a cavern lake (which caused hilarious fast over-flooding due to pressure).
-Connected it to my prison area so I could flood instantly at a whim.
-Designed it so I could have my well vomit water at an alarmingly fast pressure-fun rate with the right combination of levers.

I started a chicken/turkey breeding program. Those beasts really overpopulate themselves when cut off from dwarves and given a dozen nest boxes.

I built the majority of my fortress across 2 Z-levels, rather than having a very vertical fortress.
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad coelum et ad inferos

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13163 on: May 08, 2011, 11:39:52 pm »

I just realized my Mayor's never gonna lose re-election: 8 of my 37 adult dwarves are her kids. She's got 12 more still growing up.

It's a good thing that a) she only mandates stone grates and b) there's no Guard Captain to punish random people when I don't notice the mandate.

Nick

Nasikabatrachus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who watchdwarfs the watchdwarves?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13164 on: May 09, 2011, 01:04:05 am »

My dwarves just elected a thirteen year old to the office of Mayor. They must realize, as I do, how worthless the position actually is. They're just doing it to mess with me.

Holy crap, the dwarves are metagaming.
"I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scareth away ghosts, createth for itself goblins--it wanteth to laugh." Thus Spake Zarathustra, chapter 7, Friedrich Nietzsche

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #13165 on: May 09, 2011, 01:07:19 am »

I've got a couple of sad lookin' goblin ghosts chillin' on my goblin corpse pile...

That's really strange. I've never encountered any non-dwarf ghosts before, and I atom smash the corpses of many invader goblins. Did you do anything strange to their corpses?
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13166 on: May 09, 2011, 02:25:47 am »

My 20000-Urist-Water-Reactor is about 1/10th completed, after 3 years of work. It would go so much faster if I wasn't engraving the entire thing...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 02:28:49 am by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13167 on: May 09, 2011, 02:27:22 am »

Is this a reclaim?

(sorry for the double post, can't find the delete post button)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 02:30:29 am by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13168 on: May 09, 2011, 04:30:15 am »

My dwarves just elected a thirteen year old to the office of Mayor. They must realize, as I do, how worthless the position actually is. They're just doing it to mess with me.

Holy crap, the dwarves are metagaming.
Mine have started electing the worst mayors ages ago. I just enroll these mayors in the military whenever it happens.
In other news, still busy carving out of the mountain the giant diety statue where my dwarfs live in. The head is not even done yet. The eyes are clear glass fortifications, and behind each of them, there's an archer range for training. I very briefly considered also making water pour out the lower part of the eyes to make tears... but Bardum Shadmalrrith Zokun Shetbeth, goddess of dreams, nightmares, the moon, the sky and the night, is no whiny diety.  >:(
Unless I manage to get magma to the surface, in which case I'll make her cry magma. That's the most nightmarish thing I could pull off without pouring blood, molten lead, gnomeblight and various organs.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

hjd_uk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13169 on: May 09, 2011, 04:58:42 am »

A Dwarf child has had a fey mood and started a mysterious construction...
Pages: 1 ... 876 877 [878] 879 880 ... 3842