Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2596 2597 [2598] 2599 2600 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6106745 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #38955 on: January 05, 2015, 02:56:15 am »

The Bronze Colossus Alnos Dofgorhax Seridrithod Ushav has come!  A gigantic magic statue made of bronze and bent on mayhem.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It seems I need to dump all those obsidian swords and forge some real weapons.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:58:23 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38956 on: January 05, 2015, 03:38:49 am »

Sigh. I wish bronze collosus come to me. Hydra was a massive disappointment.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38957 on: January 05, 2015, 06:19:42 am »

Sigh. I wish bronze collosus come to me. Hydra was a massive disappointment.

You know... this is a sad thing.  I feel the same way about the goblin sieges.  For months now, I have pined for the goblin sieges.  In dear old Woundmerged, I am getting old-school sieges with 40-50 gobbos and 10-30 trolls.  Fortunately for Woundmerged, all my dwarves are legendary and clad and weaponed in adamantine/silver.  Each siege is about 30 seconds worth of excitement followed by 20 minutes of FPS-crushing cleanup as I dump all those bodies, parts, teeth, armor, weapons, clothes, and squick into the magma hole.  It's getting to the point where it's not worth it.  At least with Forgotten Beasts I get meat and soap out of the adventure.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38958 on: January 05, 2015, 06:21:55 am »

Ugh.  Thanks, double-post-inducing server delay!
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38959 on: January 05, 2015, 07:49:06 am »

I got bored and sent my squads to kill tons of crundles and reachers and rutherers. Too many skulls and bones, suddenly.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38960 on: January 05, 2015, 09:03:13 am »

A cyclops came.
It ignored my outdoor workshops and went to kill my war elelphant. So I didn't use civ alert.
The poor elephants was beaten up, again(well, it meant to be a meat shield).
Before it could kill the elephant, two swordmaters arrived and quickly dispatched the enemy.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38961 on: January 05, 2015, 09:14:19 am »

Ah, yes. At last!

A devastating FB attack. A giant spider with leg strength to pop dwarven heads. I wasn't having this much fun since the very start of the fort during werepandemic.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38962 on: January 05, 2015, 09:45:11 am »

A skinless ape who can throw fireballs showed up in the cavern. I confronted it, with my iron covered military. No spear dwarves. Only swords, axes, and hammers. I gave the order to make a few iron spears. My military begins fighting the ape. He threw a fire ball. It exploded on, luckily, a stone floor. After a few minor cuts with no retaliation, I thought this would be an easy fight. But, suddenly, he punched out and severed a guys' shield arm. Ouch. A fireball was thrown, and now he's a !!DWARF!! A kick got straight past dodging, shields, and weapons and severed one guys' head. A punch crumpled a chest. A severed leg then a kick to the skull. The last dwarf had an arm knocked off, then his head bitten off. I got an adequate spear dwarf at him. One hit. Straight to the brain. Fight's over. Go home kids.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38963 on: January 05, 2015, 02:38:47 pm »

Just embarked, digging in next to the volcano when a rhino wandered into my camp. Its alright though, one of the dogs killed it.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38964 on: January 05, 2015, 03:55:37 pm »

Another werebeast attack. This time it was a werelizard. It's dead now but one dwarf got bit and he's now quarantined outside my fortress.

For some reason he won't try to destroy the door to it's cell. He won't even attack my milita waiting right outside even when I unlock the door.

Other than that, Dwarf Fortress is being very nice to me. I've rebuilt the population to about 80 dwarfs and I have a fully functioning military.
Though they lack enough armor.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38965 on: January 05, 2015, 04:17:46 pm »

Just started a new fortress.
Half the map's a warm forest, the other a hot mountain. So far, everything's good.
Up to 15 dwarves, food industry is starting out quite well, everything's good.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38966 on: January 05, 2015, 04:35:34 pm »

Apparently last year's merchants were so taken by Questmountain's splendor that most of them decided to move in with the latest immigrant wave. Haven't seen that before.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Meneth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38967 on: January 05, 2015, 06:00:09 pm »

Just caught my very first Giant Cave Spider. Time to build a silk farm!  8)

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #38968 on: January 05, 2015, 06:52:26 pm »

Just caught my very first Giant Cave Spider. Time to build a silk farm!  8)
Congratulations!

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38969 on: January 05, 2015, 07:02:05 pm »

Apparently last year's merchants were so taken by Questmountain's splendor that most of them decided to move in with the latest immigrant wave. Haven't seen that before.
What's going on in the world?

Either the RNG is being really weird, or your civ is being eaten alive in a war, and the merchants are refugees.
Pages: 1 ... 2596 2597 [2598] 2599 2600 ... 3842