Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2555 2556 [2557] 2558 2559 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6102546 times)

Urist McPanzerbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #38340 on: December 01, 2014, 09:43:59 pm »

My basement-dwelling forgotten beast, Larry (also known as Morselsnail the Deep Abysses) killed another forgotten beast that wandered in. Beyond that, nothing is happening, it's all very boring, no goblins, no thieves, no werebeasts, nothing but larry. Circus-time, I think.
Hey, you sass that hoopy Urist McDwarf? There's a frood who really knows where his booze is.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38341 on: December 01, 2014, 09:46:11 pm »

Well by far 11 FBs have died in my fort. I wonder if it is possible to attract all of them.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38342 on: December 01, 2014, 10:04:10 pm »

Meet idiot and also idiot.
(Idiot is on the left)

These guys got caught in a loop of also idiot pushing idiot out of the way walking around the loop and idiot pushing him back out of the way.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38343 on: December 02, 2014, 01:55:13 pm »

A child had both his hips shattered by a giant Kea and his day to day life is interrupted by jags of crying about how badly he's been injured. Kind of bumming me out.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #38344 on: December 02, 2014, 02:11:19 pm »

A child had both his hips shattered by a giant Kea and his day to day life is interrupted by jags of crying about how badly he's been injured. Kind of bumming me out.
A refreshing magma bath should ease his aches and pains.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38345 on: December 02, 2014, 02:21:25 pm »

Do you not have medicine and stuff?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #38346 on: December 02, 2014, 02:22:02 pm »

A refreshing magma bath should ease his aches and pains.
Or maybe you can make it happy by making it admire a fine bridge.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38347 on: December 02, 2014, 02:30:13 pm »

So, goblins can open locked hatches from below now? There goes my containment design...
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38348 on: December 02, 2014, 02:35:12 pm »

Do you not have medicine and stuff?

Completely shattered both hips and one knee, the medical staff patched him up but since both legs are trashed he still can't walk and he's still freaking out about being injured.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38349 on: December 02, 2014, 06:16:09 pm »

Stopped to trade with some elves for food. We had a minor disagreement about what a fair price was for apples.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #38350 on: December 02, 2014, 06:24:09 pm »

Stopped to trade with some elves for food. We had a minor disagreement about what a fair price was for apples.

Here in my country, we often say that if something was too expensive, it was worth "An eye of my face"".

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38351 on: December 02, 2014, 08:05:52 pm »

It seems my miner/champion Urist Bouldercombined was the only Urist in my current world. ::)
And there were tons of humans/goblins called Xuspgas.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38352 on: December 03, 2014, 02:16:43 am »

Here in my country, we often say that if something was too expensive, it was worth "An eye of my face"".

We have an old fashioned saying: when one desires or cherishes something, especially a woman, you might say "she is the apple of my eye".  You might also say this about your child, it is not sexual.

McCautious

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Catgelder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38353 on: December 03, 2014, 05:56:12 am »

Embarked next to an alligator and lost the fort but not in the way you're thinking. All 7 founders charged it and started beating it to death but it turns out kicking an alligator to death isn't as easy as it sounds so it just won't die. The alligator can't stay awake long enough to kill them and they refuse to pick up weapons or interact with the embark supplies in any way because the alligator's too close.
Hahaha. Something like this happened in my fort but a couple weeks after embark: I fell victim to the "feature", where creatures from the cavern can climb up diagonally into a staircase, if there is a downstairs in it. Therefore seemingly sealed caverns produced a troll in my first few weeks, who then tied down all my dwarves in the dining hall in and endless fist brawl of exhaustion and bruised muscles. Boxing, constantly unconsious dwarves cannot kill a troll and a mostly unconscious troll cannot kill the dwarves ... LOCKDOWN. One of my guys finally broke off from the fight somehow and I could convince him to join a squad and equip a copper pick as weapon ... the troll was done for within a few strikes. ;)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 06:05:25 am by McCautious »

Weremammoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Vagabond Tales
« Reply #38354 on: December 03, 2014, 11:55:11 am »

The Brush Titan Mirathi has come!  A great hairy lizard.  It has a pair of spindly antennae and it emanates an aura of giving and kindness.  Its saffron hair is long and shaggy.

Well, that's a bit different(in my experience at least) so I decided to give Mirathi a chance.  Maybe he's just come to make friends.  What a novelty it would be have a Titan pal hanging about the fort.

That theory was stressed when it began mauling the local wildlife, and I had to abandon my hope of having a giant lizard friend when he pounced on my carpenter and swiped his head off.  Now I'm just stuck with the disturbing mental image of my dwarves being eviscerated by smiling hairy lizard humming Christmas tunes.
This is a forum post.  All work is of the highest quality.  It expresses the thoughts of a particular DF player.  This post is decorated with a frame and avatar.  It menaces with occasional grammatical errors.
Pages: 1 ... 2555 2556 [2557] 2558 2559 ... 3842