Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2509 2510 [2511] 2512 2513 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099067 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #37650 on: October 23, 2014, 02:48:30 pm »

A forgotten beast got into my fortress and murdered everybody but 7 dorfs. Three of them are in the hospital, and the rest might as well be too. They're all throwing tantrums except for the local shearer, who is ecstatic after beating a dog to death.

A second beast has recently showed up. This time it's a giant, bloated, fire-breathing lobster with big mandibles.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #37651 on: October 23, 2014, 06:17:58 pm »

A second beast has recently showed up. This time it's a giant, bloated, fire-breathing lobster with big mandibles.
Nice, it can cook itself. How considerate of it.  :P
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37652 on: October 23, 2014, 10:40:24 pm »

My extra Duchess seems about as reasonable as the Earl of Lemongrab.  >:(
"You brought a figurine to the trade depot?!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvOTaXIog6k

She also has a very noble-ish combination of traits... (I.e. she's a lazy, arrogant and spoiled brat who can't control her impulses.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Methinks somedorf is about to have a little "mishap"...

...oh dear. Somebody "accidentally" opened the trapdoor she was taking a nap on. How "unfortunate".  :'(
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:53:44 pm by Sus »
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37653 on: October 23, 2014, 11:30:43 pm »

While I was discovering that if you manually undeath a dorf with the gm-editor, the skeleton doesn't get back up, they just... produce a new one apparently... which is fascinating and will lead to new !!Science!! soon, while downstairs the science has been a failure.

Supposedly forgotten beasts will destroy wooden supports, yet even though I lured one up to a room with two of them in alcoves to either side, once I locked the hatch he came to investigate he just went back downstairs to wander around again... how boring. I didn't want to have to lever activate them, as I love the idea of them dropping the 3x3x3 block of stone above them on their own heads... but nooooo, Mr. Beast won't have that apparently.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37654 on: October 24, 2014, 05:14:52 am »

Currently conducting small-scale experiments with pressurized magma. As a result, an accidental wildfire raged through a large area at the surface, burning everything to ashes except the vomit puddles.

What HAVE those dwarves been eating?
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37655 on: October 24, 2014, 05:09:23 pm »

One of my forts fell to the first goblin siege in the third year due to me forgetting about climbing was implemented. To think we survived a werebeast attack first year and a cyclop attack the second year. Apparently one cannot spell  cyclop without it being plural cyclops. Why?
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37656 on: October 24, 2014, 05:25:59 pm »

Supposedly forgotten beasts will destroy wooden supports,
Nope, building destroyers specifically avoid supports. No easy traps for you.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37657 on: October 24, 2014, 07:36:54 pm »

I've sent my dwarves on a mass-stone piling spree. You know, some days, DF is a game of simple pleasures.... like watching 40 dwarves funnel in and out of a stone stockpile, all the while piling more and more stone up. It's so.... mesmerizing.

Edit: Fucking monkeys just stole some of the stuff I had accidentally let my dwarves leave in the depot....
Edit 2: And now the Human caravan's.... disappeared. Hm. They never made it to the depot. The dead list counts a wagon, but no merchants. My moat is filled with goods. The question here is; what killed the wagon when it was crossing the bridge? How strange.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:48:27 pm by the1337doofus »
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37658 on: October 24, 2014, 10:01:04 pm »

Yeah, that's disappointing because it's not actually an easy trap, easy is just putting a weapon or cage trap down. Setting up a free-hanging 3x3x3 block safely with just one support is if nothing else far more dangerous for the dorfs and takes quite a bit more time.

Guess I can try to link a pressure plate to the support with a statue as bait, the main idea being that I just really want to see something clobber itself.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37659 on: October 25, 2014, 01:53:12 am »

Going to grab a mirthful mountain/wild savanna/haunted grassland embark, that is also a natural mountain pass.  The theme is that my civ sent me out to secure the pass for our use, and make it safe for caravans to pass by.

---

The reality is the whole path is plagued by evil swamp/grassland/terrifying mountains, and there's even a terrifying mountain with an equally terrifying lack of resources at the very end of the pass, further dividing up the pass into an east/west bit.  The idea is I'm positioned in  place where we can aid those in need . . .

---

Also my last adventurer retired in the capital of our goblin neighbors . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Eidako

• Bay Watcher
  • Snow White cancels Sleep: Attending Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #37660 on: October 25, 2014, 02:17:57 am »

The Werecoyote Ngilsho Cobinique has come! A large coyote twisted into humanoid form. It is crazed for blood and flesh. Its eyes glow aqua. Its charcoal hair is very curly. Now you will know why you fear the night.

It stands perfectly still on the raising drawbridge at the entrance of the fort.

"Pull the lever!"

Splat.

I think I just performed an assisted suicide on a furry.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37661 on: October 25, 2014, 03:53:37 am »

The Weredeer bites The Miner in the upper body, bruising the fat through the x(pig tail fiber cloak)x!

Oh no, I think I need to lock him up.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37662 on: October 25, 2014, 07:05:57 am »

The Weredeer bites The Miner in the upper body, bruising the fat through the x(pig tail fiber cloak)x!

Oh no, I think I need to lock him up.
Nope, not unless the skin was broken.  But you an never to too sure, I guess.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37663 on: October 25, 2014, 09:23:21 am »

Yeah, that's disappointing because it's not actually an easy trap, easy is just putting a weapon or cage trap down. Setting up a free-hanging 3x3x3 block safely with just one support is if nothing else far more dangerous for the dorfs and takes quite a bit more time.

Guess I can try to link a pressure plate to the support with a statue as bait, the main idea being that I just really want to see something clobber itself.

It worked but I had to bait it with an unforbidden door which leads towards an unforbidden hatch... KABLAM!

Now I've got it floored back over with drawbridges and all the x(piece of crap sock)x and other junk sitting on them, connected to a plate so they'll shotgun whatever tries to smash the doors. :D

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37664 on: October 25, 2014, 09:59:27 am »

I got a siege.
A group of human recruits ran towards my weapon traps.
After the leading man fell, the rest of them stopped there so I had to send my squads to mow them down.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!
Pages: 1 ... 2509 2510 [2511] 2512 2513 ... 3842