Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2504 2505 [2506] 2507 2508 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099551 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #37575 on: October 18, 2014, 08:25:15 pm »

Grey langurs show up, everyone goes crazy attacking them. Someone falls in the lake and drowns.

Insanity X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37576 on: October 18, 2014, 08:45:48 pm »

I...
Well...

Good for her
And the lord said unto John, "Come forth, and receive eternal life." but, John came fifth and received a toaster
Urist McMason, Mason cancels Build Important Wall: Making rock mugs.
It was inevitable.
My succession world turn.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37577 on: October 18, 2014, 08:50:02 pm »

...I, what? That's like the reverse of how the nobles screens listed my Queen as a King, huh.
Grey langurs show up, everyone goes crazy attacking them. Someone falls in the lake and drowns.
^That is why I put walls with only a couple of fortifications around my open-air lava pool/reservoir at the top end of my FTW stacks:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sure, it doesn't NEED to be there--or extend three levels down into the fort--as it just acts like a floor for the lava to cross, but dammit it's cool as hell) because I knew if I left an easy way to do so, dorfs would happily fall in.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 09:00:15 pm by Max™ »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37578 on: October 18, 2014, 08:55:43 pm »

Well, trapped an elephant, a guy went to go collect the elephant, not too sure how he could, when a hunter popped by, shot another elephant. All five other elephants go after the hunter. Siege pops up right beside hunter. Now five elephants are rampaging through forty goblins. And war training will make them stronger, make it so they can harness that hate even more upon my enemies...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37579 on: October 18, 2014, 09:02:09 pm »

Lucky bastard, I'm on a part wilderness/part serene/part terrifying embark and all I keep getting are mountain goat corpses and eagle corpses running around. Elephant corpses would be hilarious.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #37580 on: October 18, 2014, 09:03:40 pm »

I just barricaded a river with ice...

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37581 on: October 19, 2014, 12:01:56 am »

Legendary miner from the Starting 7 just claimed the position of king. Well, if anyone's deserving of the title, it's the dwarf who carved the fortress out by his own hands and pick. And hey, he's pretty reasonable, as far as nobles go. Always mandates coffins.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #37582 on: October 19, 2014, 12:03:33 am »

Legendary miner from the Starting 7 just claimed the position of king. Well, if anyone's deserving of the title, it's the dwarf who carved the fortress out by his own hands and pick. And hey, he's pretty reasonable, as far as nobles go. Always mandates coffins.

They're not actually mandates, he's just making helpful suggestions and calling them mandates to keep up appearances.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37583 on: October 19, 2014, 12:04:20 am »

Well, just got a legendary weapon smith. Bastard made a steel spear out of my one steel bar. Ohwell. Now he's pumping out iron exceptional and masterwork short swords, spears, and axes.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #37584 on: October 19, 2014, 12:05:53 am »

Why would you complain about an artifact steel spear? You could send out one dwarf wielding it and he would solo every megabeast that came along.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37585 on: October 19, 2014, 12:07:48 am »

Well, it was my only one. Flux stone-less embark, was hoping the guy who likes steel and long swords would get a mood and go with it. Spears are cool too I guess.

Ugh... Third legendary gem setter. Came up with a new plan: once I hit adamantine, I'll take 10-12, atom smash them, then dfhack in 10-12 adamantine gems.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 12:39:30 am by StagnantSoul »

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37586 on: October 19, 2014, 04:50:59 am »

The dead walk. Hide while you still can!

Woo! Free necromancers huza!.  Just wait for one to try to sneak in, trap it and presto: instant infinite training.  Now to send out the marksdwarves to clean things up outside.  Wait, the zmobie horde has equipment?  ok, we can deal with this, I just wish I had set up the hospital, but that can be easily remidi- wait what are you idiots doing?!  Why in the name of all that is sock related would you jump down from your nice vantage point to attack the undead?  You have yet to fire a shot you can't be out of ammo.  ah...well a few deaths shouldn't send everyone into a tantrum spiral just yet.  And the rest of you are doing goo- Ah, so enemies can climb walls now.  This is a thing apparently.  Should probably go back and read those release notes before jumping into a new version.  And now every military dwarf is dead, having taken out at most 5-6 zmobies out of the 30 odd that are on the map so far.  Joy.

Well, temporal flux engines engage!  Lets try to not kill everyone this time ya?
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37587 on: October 19, 2014, 06:15:33 am »

Mobquakes sees its first siege. The undead have come.
Good thing my military is prepared exactly for this, with silver maces.
LET'S GET DANGEROUS.

BirdBrainf4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37588 on: October 19, 2014, 12:16:18 pm »

Got my very first forgotten beast today, a werepanda.  He was super fast, but immediately my dwarves went after him and unloaded iron bolts into him.  He lasted just a few seconds.  I haven't even had time to train anyone yet!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37589 on: October 19, 2014, 12:16:48 pm »

A black bear came by. He saw the dwarves, panicked, and ran. Right into the animal pasture. He panicked at that, ran from that, but a dog in the pasture chased him and started scratching him up until the bear was chased back into the animal pen. Where dwarves were still busy re-pasturing all the animals.

Those dwarves started punching the bear as he just sat there, too exhausted to fight back. I had to order the axe squad to execute the bear.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 2504 2505 [2506] 2507 2508 ... 3842