Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2505 2506 [2507] 2508 2509 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099454 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #37590 on: October 19, 2014, 03:47:31 pm »

So, the Mountainhome wants toys and cloth bracelets? Maybe the king had a baby. Okay, you two legendary stone crafters, get working on toys and crafts. Cloth bracelets? Nah, not bothering with cloth anything.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37591 on: October 19, 2014, 04:55:32 pm »

Uuuuuugh! Guys, ENOUGH WITH THE MOODS ALREADY!!! A perfect onyx, a magnetite ring, a steel spear, a perfect star ruby, a steel breastplate, an adamantine quern, a nethercap mug, a bismuth bronze battle axe, please guys! IT'S ONLY BEEN TWO YEARS! SAVE SOME AWESOMENESS FOR LATER!!!
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37592 on: October 19, 2014, 05:31:43 pm »

Moods do seem to happen more quickly - by the start of the second year, my fort has FIVE.
None of them weapons, sadly...

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37593 on: October 19, 2014, 05:35:15 pm »

Now I feel like my fort is lagging behind.  Almost to year 4 and I've only had 5 artifacts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37594 on: October 19, 2014, 05:42:46 pm »

Every time I buy/melt some steel, a dwarf goes in a mood and takes it... Now a steel mail shirt. I think I may get a full suit of artifacts soon, if they keep going for armour.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37595 on: October 19, 2014, 05:51:49 pm »

Every time I buy/melt some steel, a dwarf goes in a mood and takes it... Now a steel mail shirt. I think I may get a full suit of artifacts soon, if they keep going for armour.

Hey, at least you aren't sitting on an adamantine crutch (with hanging rings of adamantine), and a raw adamantine figurine (studded with spikes of adamantine and an engraving of itself in adamantine).

I'm gonna start locking that shit behind a drawbridge if this kinda crap keeps happening.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37596 on: October 19, 2014, 05:59:32 pm »

An adamantine quern took all the wafers I had, plus the two raw ones I had waiting, and the one cloth.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37597 on: October 19, 2014, 06:00:49 pm »

An adamantine quern took all the wafers I had, plus the two raw ones I had waiting, and the one cloth.

Ouch.

At least you can build that thing somewhere and skyrocket the room value.  Can't do anything with the crutch and figurine.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37598 on: October 19, 2014, 07:22:25 pm »

So far, the zombie siege is going well.
Despite the necromancers being all Risens except for 1 Fallen, they seem to be just tough to kill, not tough to incapacitate.
My military is guarding the bridge that hasn't been closed due to an oversight, and has yet to see any zombies.

Boothby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37599 on: October 19, 2014, 07:23:26 pm »

My expedition leader just got made mayor and decided to ban the export of 'bags and boxes'. Does that mean all bins and barrels too? If so he might get sent to the special room with the warm lever...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37600 on: October 19, 2014, 07:57:57 pm »

No, only things which can be built using h.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37601 on: October 19, 2014, 10:23:13 pm »

Yikes, that took about four hours and one fort season more than i had expected, but i finally got it to work: a distinction engine that can automatically sort four bayberry wood minecarts. Spoiler: they get sorted by age.

The problem seems to be that carts turned around by opposing rollers can under _some_ circumstances end up with very odd speeds/trajectories, depending presumably on exact input speed. In one case, a highest-speed roller would accelerate most carts to 50.000, but some only to something like 40.000, and one only to about 20.000 ??? Adding more impulse ramps to the mix sorted everything out.

Jaxxie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37602 on: October 19, 2014, 11:30:16 pm »

Got an odd dwarf who showed up. Only thirty or so, a ridiculous amount of relatives, has lived in many groups, and two kills to his name: an elf and a dwarf who I am almost certain is his wife. (Cattenbidok does translate to Channelacted, right?) Yet he still eats, drinks, and sleeps, nor does he have a deity listed under his relationships. I don't know if he's a werebeast or what, but I'm keeping an eye on him for now.

Oh, and his civilization morals are different from the other dwarves'.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37603 on: October 19, 2014, 11:50:33 pm »

Pretty sure he's either a werebeast, or was raised by goblins and then rescued by dwarves.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37604 on: October 20, 2014, 12:29:07 am »

A fire forgotten beast just spawned inside an underground lake and started to steam around.
The problem is I can't send squads to kill it.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!
Pages: 1 ... 2505 2506 [2507] 2508 2509 ... 3842