Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2446 2447 [2448] 2449 2450 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5962257 times)

Thor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #36705 on: August 22, 2014, 02:02:14 pm »

Yet another Werehedgehog attack and subsequent infection.  This time my Weaponsmith and Armourer has been slain, I literally cannot handle this shit. 
Heroes Of My World.
Astesh Delightinks the Pungent Trust of Towers

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36706 on: August 22, 2014, 03:20:07 pm »

Another case of those mysterious flying/jumping dwarves. This time a carpenter flew from her bed to a wall with such a force that she basically split in gore and died immediately. Her three children watched by, horrified. This was the fourth dwarf to get suddenly airborne this way.

Is anyone else having dwarves crash land for no reason?

I've lost two children that way, but don't see any adults doing it more than occasionally. The two kids that died because of it were near constantly throwing themselves around the fort breaking bones and smashing different limbs for a few years before they finally died to it. Thankfully the other children I have don't seem to be copying them.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36707 on: August 22, 2014, 03:41:05 pm »

I've been having some fun with channeling and collapsing random bits of land, just because I want ot make everything look nice.

......also to have sheer cliffs. It's actually a good way to train dodging in non-military dwarves. If you only have 1-3 Z-level drops and don't mind bruising that goes away in a week or two.

I've been experimenting with raw modding, and I'm not entirely sure if I successfully made GSCs common domestic creatures that are trainable (seems like a dorfy, subterranean animal to me), and I'm certainly looking forward to getting some war wolverines (because I want them). Also, only 4 year child growth.

During a recent world gen experiments, for one time and one time only I was able to reclaim the only Dwarf Fortress on the map (I always start at year 2), but when I went to look at Legends to see qhy it was abandoned (it wasn't) and went back, I wasn't able to reclaim it. heh.
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36708 on: August 22, 2014, 03:42:15 pm »

I was attacked by a squad of human recruits with one crossbowman and a goblin swordsman. Panicking, I sent my two freshly-recruited military dwarves to guard the entrance. Three dead humans later, the siege is broken. My axedwarf, the less skilled of the pair, dodged and blocked an entire quiver of bolts while running after the crossbowman. The hammerdwarf made the other two kills.

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36709 on: August 22, 2014, 03:43:22 pm »

The dwarf caravan finally arrived for the first time in a few years since I wasn't under siege this time, and I discovered that three of our sites had been conquered by the goblins. Now my expedition leader suddenly becoming queen in the spring of the second year made sense.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36710 on: August 22, 2014, 03:50:55 pm »

aaaand I got another Reclaim thing.

Only this time I got the "Your civilization is dead or dying."

......never had one like that before.

this will be fun.

gonna need to be a little more careful on choosing what to bring this time around.

I'm also considering modding goblins to live only 20-30 years, so they are a short-lived race but extremely vicious while they are alive.

..yup. no significant leaders. I am the last of the Dwarven race. This will be fun.

Made sure to grab all livestock I could, except for the large livestock.

Breeding pair of all poultry, Alpacas, Llamas, dogs, cats--everything but cavys and rabbits.

.....this is something new. woo.

I just wish I had sand on my embark. :(

Aaaaand I'm savescumming because I didn't bring any stone.

>.<

Got all skills in place, trees/plants gathering set up, and that was that.

Also it looks like the Mountainhome got wiped out by a dragon.

I wonder if the King made it out.

New name for the Group ws, the very first time "The Familial Fortress"

sounds about right.

.....and I get to perpetuate the domestic Yak population. I get a Yak Cow and Bull as wagon pullers, woo.....the dwarf I had designated to fish became King......he's now the weaponsmith.........wtf. somehow I got a random zinc battle axe (I made all metals able to be used as ammo, weapons, and armor, just because). here I thought I'd need to make a wooden training axe like I normally do. oh well.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:59:54 pm by Maul_Junior »

there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36711 on: August 22, 2014, 05:25:29 pm »

The Forgotten Beast Nokast Reko Assmo has come! A gigantic quadruped composed of flame. It has a long, swinging, trunk and appears to be emaciated.

FUUUUUUUUUNNN...

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36712 on: August 22, 2014, 07:28:51 pm »

King went insane after I ignored his "needs." Threw a tantrum that killed a dwarf, heavily injured two others.....

It is at this point that I threw him the middle finger and decided to let this particular dwarven civilization die. If the King decides to take out half of the remaining Dorf population on a whim, then bugger him.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36713 on: August 22, 2014, 07:38:38 pm »

The Forgotten Beast Nokast Reko Assmo has come! A gigantic quadruped composed of flame. It has a long, swinging, trunk and appears to be emaciated.

FUUUUUUUUUNNN...
Crossbows are your friend.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #36714 on: August 22, 2014, 07:50:00 pm »

That flame FB shouldn't be too dangerous as long as you keep it inside.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36715 on: August 22, 2014, 10:40:21 pm »

During a recent world gen experiments, for one time and one time only I was able to reclaim the only Dwarf Fortress on the map (I always start at year 2), but when I went to look at Legends to see qhy it was abandoned (it wasn't) and went back, I wasn't able to reclaim it. heh.

Probably went abandoned during the two week clock advance the game does before letting you pick embark locations.
//Torrenal

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36716 on: August 23, 2014, 01:01:20 am »

I've already got a plan to deal with it. It involves draining my cistern at the exact right moment and crossbows. And swords if it comes to it.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36717 on: August 23, 2014, 01:06:54 am »

I've already got a plan to deal with it. It involves draining my cistern at the exact right moment and crossbows. And swords if it comes to it.
it wont come to swords keeping it away from people is a smart idea but i assure you the crossbows will be enough
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36718 on: August 23, 2014, 11:59:58 am »

There's a new boss in the first cavern layer: Sota, a great hairy lizard with wings and fire.  It killed every other critter in the cavern and set it on fire. Right now everything in there is burning down and due to burning tree cave-ins the cavern lake is now draining to... somewhere.

This won't do. Once the fires die down the crossbow squads will have to have a word with Sota.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36719 on: August 23, 2014, 12:31:09 pm »

not exactly in my fort right now, but I've decided that next world gen I will have all domestic creatures war trainable.

Fear my legion of rabbits and Cavies!

Pages: 1 ... 2446 2447 [2448] 2449 2450 ... 3838