Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67802 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 4
« Reply #510 on: June 28, 2015, 04:11:52 pm »

Cons: Neither Roo nor Hazard claimed this, and the other night actions he has are incredibly convenient.
I can kind of see it. When do survivors with kill powers typically ever claim? The convenience of the other actions is a bit worrisome. You'd have thought he'd have something confirmable on more than one night.

Do you buy it, NQT? Are you willing to swallow the lynch so 4mask can go ahead with his blocky block plan?
The flavour seems legit and it explains why there was no kill from Jack. Jack wouldn't have been stupid enough to waste a kill on Tiruin given that TDS had repeatedly claimed he was protecting her. I'm convinced the scum team is just Tiruin at this stage and so I'd much rather we just kill her. Sure we can win if I'm killed and we go with 4mask's plan, but the last time I willfully let myself be lynched in a Supernatural game (Supernatural 6) it ended disastrously for me and so I'm loath to risk it again.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 28, 2015, 04:21:50 pm »

4mask
I am a Lone Vampire, and I am a survivor.
Your flavour seems plausible enough but if this is true then why didn't Hazard or Roo claim?
I can't really say.  I'd guess it's because the role itself is shady as hell and any survivor claim is bound to be met with suspicion, but I really don't know the motives of my predecessors.

Quote from: NQT
Here's my theory, which I'm almost positive is correct.  NQT and TDS are bullshitting us.  NQT may be a sage, who knows, but if so he's a scum sage.  He made up everything about the Guardian Angel in order to clear TDS from suspicion, and TDS has played along with it.  Notice how he's not voting for TDS either, despite them both technically being bad under his theory.  I have no idea what TDS actually is, but he's sure as hell not a GA.
Do you really think a scum-team would have the guts to fakeclaim GA?
If you're on the team, absolutely.  I've been on a team with you before and know the kinds of tricks you come up with.  It's a basic principle of gambits: you have to weigh risk and reward.  The gambit would be risky, yes, but the payoff late game would be huge.  If it was anyone but you, I would never have even considered the possibility.

Also, 4mask, if you're just a survivor I don't think you'd count as a threat to town. Either it wouldn't count as a threat or you're just making things up.
I'm a non-town-aligned player with the ability to kill and you don't think that would be considered a threat?

Quote from: NQT
Incidentally, in order to kill do you have to suck blood from a victim twice in a row on consecutive nights, or just twice across the entire game?
Consecutive nights.

Tiruin: I'm a survivor.  I want to help the town, because I have the power to do so at this point without fear of retaliation, as long as a scum is lynched today.  Yes, I COULD side with the scum, but I'd much rather give this victory to the town.  Are you willing to risk losing by lynching me when NQT is scum no matter how you slice it?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 28, 2015, 05:33:00 pm »

Meph, would you please poke TDS?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 28, 2015, 05:39:30 pm »

I'm here, sorry. I was out of town for a few days. I'll read through the thread now and get a response soon.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 28, 2015, 05:53:18 pm »

Ok, so I'm obviously not going to vote for Tiruin. I'll vote for 4mask because, while I don't know what Tiruin's alignment is, I want her side to win.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 28, 2015, 06:07:08 pm »

Ugh, Tiruin is the scum team and I'm the only one that can see it.

TDS, you're a de facto mafia-ally so you don't really care but have you even read today's posts?

4mask
I'm a non-town-aligned player with the ability to kill and you don't think that would be considered a threat?
Not an existential threat, no. Specifically, I got the GA as the out-of-town threat, which is another reason I think the GA is aligned with the scum team. Also, seering isn't infallible so maybe I'll discover you after tonight? (Not that I expect to survive another night.)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 28, 2015, 06:29:28 pm »

Ok, so I'm obviously not going to vote for Tiruin. I'll vote for 4mask because, while I don't know what Tiruin's alignment is, I want her side to win.
I get the feeling you couldn't have been arsed to read the thread, because if you had you would see that no matter what alignment Tiruin is I win with her, while NQT is clearly not on her team (he's voting her, in case you haven't noticed).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 29, 2015, 09:06:33 am »

PFP--brevity mode

I've snuck a quick peek this morn at this thread to keep myself updated for notes--my mind got stuck on 4mask's claim, pondering on the many speculations of the scumteam (with TDS/NQT resurfacing again), given the merit in the claim... and then I tripped in the mud and hit my head on my shovel a few hours later, one hour before night--figuratively speaking, something quite plain and simple hit me a few hours back. (12 hours total since viewing).

4maskwolf:

Given that we've no idea about your claim--and a townsperson is as benign as a Survivor-in-your-context, why would you claim something of a differing degree anyway when the very act still follows the same parallel due to your intent?

Ugh, Tiruin is the scum team and I'm the only one that can see it.
Kuya, blunt impact query to you:
You're not the only one who can see it. As far as I believe in y'all, everyone thought about it.
You're the only one who pushes forward to see it through.

It's reasonable.

But what really pokes me is the lack of your notes on anything else than that. Sufficiently backing up my impression that you're either incognito cult, (maybe with TDS O_O and why in the world does this somehow have more merit when I think about it compared to anything else? Must be the coffee...), or really tunneling town.

Either way, you're the Sage. You have somehow outed TDS by Sage'ing his GA claim...or, do I say, backing it up.

But I'm annoyed at this prospect because of its really-pointy-nature in being a very good point here. Problem is my time to think about it because my past hours were thinking on 4mask's claim.
Thinking as in it got stuck on the first 5 paragraphs, then I got distracted by my volunteering work and movie making. Then somehow it went off to create a movie about Supernatural games. -.-

...Erh, I'll be back soon.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 29, 2015, 09:24:01 am »

Tiruin: if I'm understanding your question correctly, you're asking me why Hazard didn't claim survivor to begin with, to which I answer: I don't know.  But given how suspicious people are of survivor claims and the general mentality of "better to lynch them than town", I can kinda guess.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 29, 2015, 09:25:34 am »

Tiruin: if I'm understanding your question correctly, you're asking me why Hazard didn't claim survivor to begin with, to which I answer: I don't know.  But given how suspicious people are of survivor claims and the general mentality of "better to lynch them than town", I can kinda guess.
I'm also asking 'why did you claim it' when there's little difference--and both are benign--when considering the claim as of what he did, and your intent in what you're trying to do.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 29, 2015, 10:06:29 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Tiruin: notquitethere
4maskwolf: Cheeetar, Tiruin, TheDarkStar
notquitethere: 4maskwolf

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 29, 2015, 10:19:43 am »

I'm also asking 'why did you claim it' when there's little difference--and both are benign--when considering the claim as of what he did, and your intent in what you're trying to do.
Because I want to be honest if I'm helping the town and because it gives the town a bit more security in the lynch, since I have a roleblock, so if we do screw up I can still reverse the tide of the game.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 29, 2015, 11:32:28 am »

Because I want to be honest if I'm helping the town and because it gives the town a bit more security in the lynch, since I have a roleblock, so if we do screw up I can still reverse the tide of the game.
I've to note the very crucial timing this gives though. It is a convenient notice--the only problem is that it is blatantly convenient and provides, for me at least, an apparent leverage to its purpose. I'm circumspect here.

Quote from: Pulled from Supernatural 5
[...]You are now a Lone Vampire. You can use your newfound powers to subdue and block a victim for you to feed upon. Each night you must set out to feed to sustain yourself, however, should you choose to feed upon a victim twice in a row, they will not survive the trauma.

You must survive the trials of your town so that you can escape to other feeding grounds.

Now this is a very interesting role--it is not a starter role, it was a M.Hunter turned Vampire.
But let me deconstruct how I got to hitting my head with a shovel.

Other than the benign nature of a townsperson claim--it has no difference if you claimed anything otherwise, and while honesty is a due virtue here (esp to me, if that matters as a player-note since I scumhunt by attitude), it is...a curious find, so to speak.

Now, several points in order:
1. Jack's note [Persus13, 2015].
Compared to this: We should know the Lone Vampire is forced to feed every night. [Toaster, 2012] The missing point is we don't know what happens if it doesn't, and checking back on the kills--the 'feeding' doesn't follow at all, in any flavor or kill-related-tracking/tracing-speculation.

2. A roleblocker can easily be hidden under a fakeclaim of any direct type which has the idea of blocking. Claiming Guard can easily poke at the situation (because its like the D3-thinking bias again where people compare Sextons, whereas Guards can be compared with OSG :V) [and at the time of claiming--we all know there's no telepath/wizard other than Sage NQT].
Also you'll have a weapon as a flavor, or in the least a nice shield!
Unsure if the Sorcerer does the same thing though, looking at the details.

3. You lack a note of who you blocked. Granted, this is excusable by the lack of Roo in the latter days.
H4zard was alive for N3, at least. This information has not been duly disclosed to follow up the idea of 'benevolent survivor'.

4. It's a curious find. While honesty does strike a nice chord with me, its...off. Like listening to Mozart but just one pitch lower (which makes for a fine song either way).
You've a Townsperson claim, and there's nobody here to back it up--why claim something which has an added and appended list of responsibilities, along with assumed constraints to the role itself? Nobody was targeting you because of your role. Speculations on the role--yes, but it has not been made a focal point (as it is by far, only speculation--minor points to the picture).

5. There is a lack of security within that lynch.

Let's bring up NQT/My scenarios:
Supposing you don't get lynched--NQT is Town, I'm cult.
You block me, TDS protects/does things to me to make me safe.
It'll end tomorrow in a lynch-vote.

Supposing I am cult.
You get lynched, pop up...Lone Vampire.
OR NQT gets lynched and pops up Town Sage (in which game is lost because I can strike at Cheeetar while yelling SMITE THE HEATHEN instead.)
While it does make you lose, it doesn't help town or cult other than increase tension on discernment (if...y'know, you get lynched):
NQT could say he's town; I could say I'm town--this will say nothing but orient people to stare at our words for the essence which defines our alignment in between our words. (That, and cult can target TDS at the night. I've never seen the flavor for a GA getting out'd but as far as I know, the GA can't protect themselves; while adding to the suspense, it'll STILL be up to discernment).

Supposing TDS is cult or...stuff like that.
...Erh, this is too far in speculation for me, because that'll try to guess who you're even blocking with an assortment of who gets lynched.

And this follows a one-person scumteam. -.-

But I really do feel that it doesn't amount to a significant 'secure' feeling over a mislynch today.

In all honesty, and apologies ahead if this DOES follow through and you're a third-party, it seems that a mislynch on third-party Survivor is...a viable alternative if we don't hit cult. Problem being that we don't know that--and it really seems like you've somehow claimed something other than non-town. :/

Though the only target viable is TDS getting killed by cult if you are Lone Vamp.
Or you're doing a gambit. For some reason. @_@
Though I do get that if y'all lynch NQT and he pops out town, I'm up for the lynch tomorrow since you can block my kill--by then, it'll be 1/1/2. So...I'm unsure how that wins as the third-party is aligned with the cult (unless the L.Vamp is actually cult, and would really mess themselves up by killing the GA because it is assumed they will block).

What do you think about NQT and me, 4maskwolf?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 29, 2015, 11:37:42 am »

Do you buy it, NQT? Are you willing to swallow the lynch so 4mask can go ahead with his blocky block plan?
The flavour seems legit and it explains why there was no kill from Jack. Jack wouldn't have been stupid enough to waste a kill on Tiruin given that TDS had repeatedly claimed he was protecting her. I'm convinced the scum team is just Tiruin at this stage and so I'd much rather we just kill her. Sure we can win if I'm killed and we go with 4mask's plan, but the last time I willfully let myself be lynched in a Supernatural game (Supernatural 6) it ended disastrously for me and so I'm loath to risk it again.
This follows only one thought here. Jack would also be proving TDS is a GA and isn't actually a cult-claimant (which reminds me on why I lowered the NQT/TDS team -.-)

Wait, i didn't read this (orange) part. Have to check back on the possibilities. Still wary of 4mask, but didn't consider this in full (I assumed he just went and tried to kill me ._.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 29, 2015, 11:54:13 am »

Oooook, so I've read back and looked back up and wondered why I was under the impression that there's a charismatic cultist in the one-man scenario, and my thoughts got tangled and mixed with 'I'm still sure there are 2 left' and then I got it connected with the "convenience" part but then it spun off on another tangent. -_-

I should seriously stop having flashbacks to Supernatural 6 and shuddering at every single personally perceived sleight I did there to anyone involved. [more in frustration and my communication skills. Argh. :/]
Also I miss Imp.
Err...anyway.

Meph: Does the Guardian Angel role specifically know if their protect {of any kind} has worked?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42