Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67810 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 4 [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #495 on: June 26, 2015, 10:04:07 pm »

@Tiruin: A PGO kill is still a night kill mechanically speaking, it just only targets people who visit them.
O...k? That makes NQT's theory validated. I think? (mechanically?)

Is there any order of actions (ie How Webadict does it. Like, Protects before NKs?)

Meph; Hypothetical scenario: If a Wizard protects a non-knight, and the non-knight attacks a Werebear, the Werebear will die and the non-knight will live?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 27, 2015, 01:11:50 pm »

Meph: If the replacement request is still current, I can replace in.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 27, 2015, 11:50:59 pm »

@Tiruin:

Quote from: From the OP

Order of Actions:   
    Misdirection
    Role-blocking
    Protection
    Investigations
    Night Kills/Conversions
    Disturbing the Dead (there is an order for this, if two people target the same corpse, but that's kept hidden)

However, a PGO effect would go off during the section of the person targeting them rather than the normal Night Kill step.

And, Yes, a Wizard protecting someone would let them kill the Werebear without dying themselves.

@4maskwolf: Yes, it is! Thank you! I'll send you the Role PM and Night action results.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 28, 2015, 09:25:57 am »

Alright.

I have replaced in.

Now time for reading...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 28, 2015, 09:39:33 am »

..Huh.

So, from what I'm reading of the claims, Tiruin has claimed Sexton, TheDarkStar has claimed Guardian Angel over Tiruin, notquitethere claimed sage, and Cheeetar has claimed werebear.

If TheDarkStar is telling the truth, town is screwed, unless...

Tiruin and TDS: Is there any solid evidence to confirm that Cheeetar and/or NQT are town?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 4
« Reply #500 on: June 28, 2015, 11:29:59 am »

Oh goddamnit I just found H4zard's claim...

Really, H4zard?

So, since he didn't have the guts to do it, I have a confession to make.

I am not a vanilla townie.  I am, in fact, not even town.

I am a Lone Vampire, and I am a survivor.

I arrived in town not days before the high priest was murdered, driven from my last feeding grounds when I became overeager in my feeding and my vampirism was discovered.  Now unable to leave, I must blend in with the rest of the town, surviving until I can escape this madness.

Night One, roo attempted to feed on Birdy, but, while skulking up to the door, noticed the presence of a guard outside of his door and left without being seen, my thirst almost unbearable.  Night Two, nobody was around to send in an order, and since my role stipulates that I MUST try to drink blood every night Mephansteras randomized it.  I ended up targeting Toonyman.  He was awake when I enterred and tried to put up a fight, but I subdued him and drank his blood as well.  Last night, H4zard targeted Jack A T, probably in an effort to prevent himself from being killed.  He found Jack on the doorstep of Jack's house, leaping on him from behind and tearing the stake from Jack's grasp.  He fed upon Jack's blood, hauled his unconscious body back into his house, and swiftly departed.

With that said, I am going to vote NQT for several reasons.  First of all, he said that there were no external threats to the town, which is directly contradicted by my flavor.  Secondly, notice how he's not voting for me?  I'm guessing it's because he knows who I am and hopes that I will side with him.  Thirdly, and to bring forth my other suspected scum, do we have any confirmation outside of NQT's say that there is indeed a Guardian Angel?  Because I can't find any.

Here's my theory, which I'm almost positive is correct.  NQT and TDS are bullshitting us.  NQT may be a sage, who knows, but if so he's a scum sage.  He made up everything about the Guardian Angel in order to clear TDS from suspicion, and TDS has played along with it.  Notice how he's not voting for TDS either, despite them both technically being bad under his theory.  I have no idea what TDS actually is, but he's sure as hell not a GA.

The additional plus side of lynching NQT today is that no matter what the actual scum team is, town still has a chance.  If it is, as I suspect, NQT/TDS, that's one scum gone.  Same for the suspected NQT/4maskwolf scum team.  And if Tiruin is the last scum with TDS actually being a GA (which I doubt), I can block Tiruin twice to kill her and end the game.

TDS, get in here.  I'm not letting you scum win the game so easily.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 28, 2015, 02:13:30 pm »

There's no way that NQT is scum without you also being scum. He hasn't hammered you to win the game. I'm not changing my vote off you. I still find it possible that you and TDS are a scumteam.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 28, 2015, 02:18:00 pm »

NQT- 2 people are voting 4mask, of which one is confirmed town (hi!). If 4mask wasn't scum and there is a two person scumteam, why hasn't 4mask been hammered to win the game for the scum?
TDS- same question, ya dolt. I really hope you find the time to post soon-ish.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 28, 2015, 02:30:51 pm »

There's no way that NQT is scum without you also being scum. He hasn't hammered you to win the game. I'm not changing my vote off you. I still find it possible that you and TDS are a scumteam.
There aren't any hammers you dolt.  Read the rules.  Seriously, it's bad enough to replace into the top lynch target without veterans not reading the rules.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 28, 2015, 02:34:46 pm »

Huh, neat. He hasn't voted to lynch you to secure a majority of the vote, then. Unless you think it's his plan to suddenly vote for you at the last second before the deadline?
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 28, 2015, 02:39:06 pm »

Not necessarily.  Regardless of whether Tiruin or I is lynched, he wins, so he wouldn't really care beyond keeping up appearances.

I'm kinda confused how a 4mask-TDS scumteam is possible, do explain your logic because I'm missing itt.  Aren't GA's third party?  And if NQT is town, then he's telling the truth about the GA, but that would mean TDS is the GA, wouldn't it?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 28, 2015, 02:56:25 pm »

Good point. I guess it's also possible that TDS is your GA, and it's a one man scumteam like NQT keeps claiming.

Or- You and NQT are a scumteam, like I think.
I've played some mafia.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 28, 2015, 03:25:23 pm »

Cheetar
NQT- 2 people are voting 4mask, of which one is confirmed town (hi!). If 4mask wasn't scum and there is a two person scumteam, why hasn't 4mask been hammered to win the game for the scum?
You know the answer to this. I think there was two-man scum team (one left) and the only way that makes sense to me is if Tiruin is scum protected by a GA. As we discussed, as I'm town, the only possibility left in front of me is that Tiruin is scum.

How plausible do you find Wolf's Vampire claim? It's really important that we get this right.

4mask
I am a Lone Vampire, and I am a survivor.
Your flavour seems plausible enough but if this is true then why didn't Hazard or Roo claim?

Here's my theory, which I'm almost positive is correct.  NQT and TDS are bullshitting us.  NQT may be a sage, who knows, but if so he's a scum sage.  He made up everything about the Guardian Angel in order to clear TDS from suspicion, and TDS has played along with it.  Notice how he's not voting for TDS either, despite them both technically being bad under his theory.  I have no idea what TDS actually is, but he's sure as hell not a GA.
Do you really think a scum-team would have the guts to fakeclaim GA?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 28, 2015, 03:28:31 pm »

Also, 4mask, if you're just a survivor I don't think you'd count as a threat to town. Either it wouldn't count as a threat or you're just making things up.

Incidentally, in order to kill do you have to suck blood from a victim twice in a row on consecutive nights, or just twice across the entire game?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 28, 2015, 03:41:20 pm »

Cheetar
How plausible do you find Wolf's Vampire claim? It's really important that we get this right.

Pros: Explains why Jack didn't kill Roo/Hazard/4mask.
Cons: Neither Roo nor Hazard claimed this, and the other night actions he has are incredibly convenient.

Do you buy it, NQT? Are you willing to swallow the lynch so 4mask can go ahead with his blocky block plan?
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 42