Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67820 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 4 Hunts the Hunter
« Reply #465 on: June 25, 2015, 02:58:45 pm »

Oh. I didn't mean we'd have 'lost' as in Meph would've called the game, I just mean that there's no reason for TDS (if he's GA) to vote for Tiruin this day or the next and without three votes we can't lynch her.

Would you be able to clarify what the flavour for your study action was? You gave a bit of a paraphrase of your earlier nights here:

Night 1, I learned that an outside influence, the Eye of Heaven, watches the town. N2 I learned that that outsider influence was a Guardian Angel. Given the wording, I suspect that if I keep studying, eventually I might get a hint as to the alignment of the Guardian's target (but maybe I'm reading too much into it).

Are you sure the message you received from Meph alluded to there being no outside threats?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 25, 2015, 03:13:14 pm »

NQT: Consider the possible scum team that is TDS and Hazard, with TDS fakeclaiming GA of Tiruin (similar to my fakeclaim of brother to Tiruin in BYOR13). Is this credible? Why or why not?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 25, 2015, 03:26:05 pm »

Hmm, I don't think I misunderstood. To paraphrase, I spent the evening stargazing and saw no signs in the sky of any note (despite double-checking my library of astrology tomes).

NQT: Consider the possible scum team that is TDS and Hazard, with TDS fakeclaiming GA of Tiruin (similar to my fakeclaim of brother to Tiruin in BYOR13). Is this credible? Why or why not?
Not really that credible as it doesn't account for the Guardian Angel I learned about on N2.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 25, 2015, 03:36:35 pm »

So in your opinion, town has lost? If you and I are town, and TDS is definitely the Guardian Angel, we're two votes to three.
I've played some mafia.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 25, 2015, 03:44:19 pm »

We've either lost, or there was only a two person scumteam. That, or TDS was lying about who he has to protect (which seems unlikely, although might explain why Jack failed to kill last night).

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 25, 2015, 03:44:56 pm »

I guess we'll know by what Hazard decides to do.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 25, 2015, 03:46:36 pm »

In the meantime, would you be able to remove your vote from Tiruin? Given that we're at LYLO, it seems unwise to leave votes lying around.
I've played some mafia.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 25, 2015, 03:50:33 pm »

Sure, unvote until we've heard from everyone.

Tiruin/Hazard/Cheetar, what do you have to say?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 25, 2015, 04:16:02 pm »

My vote depends on what TDS and Hazard have to say. I have no insights to lend, only the knowledge that depending on what the actual role makeup is then the game has essentially already been won for town or scum bar misplays.
I've played some mafia.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 3
« Reply #474 on: June 25, 2015, 04:44:14 pm »

All went silent, and the air began to...change.  It felt charged, thickened, and heavy.  A powerful gust of wind blew through the town, carrying dirt, blood, and foliage with it.  The nearby river began to run backwards, and the world itself began to shake as if it was to fall apart.  The Church stood unaffected amidst all this.

At the centre between the final five Pillars of the Community, a great bolt of lightning struck.  Where it struck, the ground caught fire.  The flames did not spread as would be expected, though.  They moved in a strange pattern, almost as if they were being guided.  A few seconds later, the fire stopped, somehow doused.  What remained where it was was a scorched, smoking set of six words: "I TOLD YOU HE WAS TOWN."

Another gust of wind cleared the ashen sentence and the world stopped shaking.  The river began to flow normally again.  The air calmed and normalized.

Perhaps this was a message from beyond the grave.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 26, 2015, 01:05:49 am »

NQT: Let's hold off votes right now until we players get a scumtell, or the person who is almost certainly scum.
NQT, Cheetar: Who is the most scummy right now?
Tiruin: Flabort is town Sexton. What do you have to say?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 26, 2015, 08:07:36 am »

A query to you: FoS has context to it. Flabort is town Sexton. You're implying a lot, or nothing, within that query present. I have hinged my suspicion on a target of extremes and regret nothing from it other than the awesomeness of this situation.

Why I say so is because of this:
The cult is cornered and picking off the most likely targets they can, either playing safe and slow, or cautious and meek.
Now, subtlety within the game lies within knowing the person--I was doubtful, but eased my doubt within this post after re-hashing the whole area present, with all the variables in between, included (in my posts thereafter) being the notion 'What if Flabort is Town? Nobody knows I'm town [and on the other hand, suspect me as scum], so if he turns up town, then the suspicion will fall on me. Problem being: It doesn't fit. If [when, should I say so myself] I flip town--the game will be a match-piece; TDS is aligned with me, so I have his confidance; Cheeet is the Warbear, so cult will lose 1 man facing him [unless knight]. If Flabort is town, then the problem will occur in the morrow. The climax of the game. Proving my stance in lieu of the doubting voice of two people (or one and NQT. Or just NQT being that one and other people.)'

To that, I say H4zardZ1. You've played a good game--problem being your first move. It's like playing E6 as black in a chess game: A very innocuous move, but the crucial foundation of your gameplay stands on that foundation. How you proceeded tipped me off.
Now I had a long night to think about this (intermixed with RL issues), and currently, you're [plural] at an impasse.
OSG targeted Cheeet as his kill target--and I couldn't care less if Cheeet was an SK warbear, I'd still snuggle him because of how good he played.
We've had a nice discussion on D3 about the complexity of the roles and eliminated the suspects to a small sample set (Holmes style...yeah I know he's fictional but he's a good analogy since we all know how the fiction goes).
The problem is, we've eliminated the sample set excluding extraneous variables: NQT being one of them. The good thing: He's a Sage, so he's a lesser target in the present time. Comparing with H4zardZ1, who has claimed a 'normal' townie, its a wildcard.

Now I haven't read up because I wanted to get this out as soon as I returned from daily activities (and had this saved in a notepad, with just quoting the most recent posts to be relevant).

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 26, 2015, 08:16:24 am »

Oh the scum team has to be either Hazard-Tiruin or just two-man team (in which case it's either of the two). I learned that there are no more outside threats to the town last night, which clears you as an SK (if that was really in doubt). The thing is, we have to kill them in order of Tiruin and then Hazard. If we kill Hazard first, then I get NK'd and Tiruin and TDS will lynch you tomorrow.
NQT, I want you to give the exact details per accordance to Cheeetar's request, Sage.

Also here's my backstory because yayPM.
You are a Sexton for the church and your primary duties are the care and maintenance of the graveyard. You find the graveyard to be a peaceful place and take great joy in landscaping it so that it projects an aura of serenity for the visitors.
(Totally not going against the rules because direct quoting would pretty much include the...err, quote-time..tag..thingy).
So roses to you! :I

Now I'll restate the effectivity of today to be something of great importance to everyone involved--that said, Extend (we can still do this, right?).

TheDarkStar - GA
    Cheeetar - Warbear!

H4zardZ1 - Townsperson
    notquitethere - Sage; Proven GA
    Tiruin - Sexton

Cheeetar is the wildcard; his vote can go aaaanywhere. TDS, if GA (and his wincon lies with me) would ostensibly stand parallel to me, anyway, so assumed to be paired with me (though...well, in the least, against voting me). So it's a 2/3 chance, using blunt statistics, to get scum.

Since for some reason it takes minutes to load this page posting, I'll drop a question while I wait for net to stabilize:
To all who suspect me; detail your accusations.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 26, 2015, 09:50:38 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
H4zardZ1: Tiruin

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday. There is 1 vote to Extend the day to ~5pm Pacific Tuesday. 2 votes needed to Extend. 2 Possible Extensions remain for this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 26, 2015, 10:51:02 am »

Also to expound on this before I get my throat jumped on ._.
A query to you: FoS has context to it. Flabort is town Sexton. You're implying a lot, or nothing, within that query present. I have hinged my suspicion on a target of extremes and regret nothing from it other than the awesomeness of this situation.
When I mention this: I mean a scenario I've pondered beforehand. Excuse the adjectives used here.
Scenario meaning: If Flabort is town, which I detailed in one of my posts back there.

Cheeetar: Given my lack of defense to myself (..because of the lack of things to defend myself from other than people accusing me due to the same parallel process of thought we had during D3), I've to back up my notes here.
While its understandable that NQT is reasoning this out logically--I'll play the other coin in noting the subtle bias effect.
Oh the scum team has to be either Hazard-Tiruin or just two-man team (in which case it's either of the two). I learned that there are no more outside threats to the town last night, which clears you as an SK (if that was really in doubt). The thing is, we have to kill them in order of Tiruin and then Hazard. If we kill Hazard first, then I get NK'd and Tiruin and TDS will lynch you tomorrow.
Transparency.
You're in a scenario where TDS is a third-party, you're pretty much confirmed from us three, and you've a target--one out of us.
Knowing NQT, he'd be bussing his buddy because of the precariousness of this situation--as long as it hits an innocent townie--and following that 'parallel thought process back on D3', we pretty much have the easiest target being picked out.

Now shifting this perspective since it seems like I'm talking as a victim--I'd like to see how you rationalize things. From my perspective, NQT has been pretty edgy about me ever...since he replaced in as Roo. For me, that doesn't align with what a town-NQT would be--as that kind of NQT would be holistic in his mannerisms (even in the snark. The british play that card subtle and well [totally not stereotyping :X I just love british culture and I hope this won't come across as anything offensive, or biasing]).
When I say edgy...I mean provocative. I'd at least have expected a response on my big post--but probable RL issues aside, I'm still waiting for his response.

Also NQT still has to address me properly, instead of the brevity with voting me.
Bring it on, Sage. This clergy(wo)man would like to challenge you to a battle of wits.

Same with H4zard: I haven't the clarity on his suspicions and leads, nor on why he's being one-sided. Yea, his mode of posting makes a lot of sense to me--someone testing the waters and all, but it seems far too long for that, and a lack of fishing in between.
Meaning: I've liked how you work (and if this is your first game, kudos dude. You play well; this is OOC as a whole in parentheses), but I don't like the lacking substance behind your advances. I'm doubtful about you--you may be town, we may be facing a one-man scumteam, but there's a lack of forwardness I'd expect in a town-regular here.

So queries, H4zard:
> What are your reads as of D3, as well as the content which back them up?
> Given that it seems you've a web of information behind your posts, could you address how you narrow down suspects as well as the backing behind each and every FoS you delivered?
> Why me, all throughout? Sure, you've positioned questions to the rest--but you've also positioned that nice blue marker over my name ever since. From experience, its a warning sign and a very subtle scumtell of someone...being too cautious. I lack the words to describe this discernment at this moment, though its a reasonable basis--I'll respond when I get them (Grr self problems). >_>
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42