Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67963 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 2 Dreams of Blood
« Reply #331 on: June 15, 2015, 09:09:21 pm »

Flabort doesn't seem to have found me suspicious Day 2 while I was doing all those scummy things, but is now suspicious Day 3 (now that OSG, the person he was very lazily and softly tunneling is dead).
Oh, really? (Granted at the later end of the day) Also, answer the question.
Cheeetar: Why did you vote right off the bat, and who else do you suspect?
I even suspected you before your replacement in.
Cheesecake: Short answer section (not a bad thing). Spent most of their time defending themselves, not really spending any time pursuing their own suspects. Or asking questions. Neutral-to-scum read.
Granted, different personalities, so you're on the attack where he was on the defense. But your assertion that I never suspected you during all of that is false.

Flabort voted for OSG Day 1 (only person to do so), OSG voted for... nobody. Day 2, Flabort voted for OSG again, and OSG voted for nobody. Of note is that Flabort has been constantly claiming to see OSG as scummy, but never really pushed a solid case against him. In light of OSG's reveal as scum, it seems more like distancing than anything else.
I was right about OSG's being scum, and you find that suspicious? OK; I also explained WHY I wasn't pushing such a solid case on him, right? Lack of evidence? He wasn't a terribly prolific poster, you know. The thing that irks me here is that the evidence is NOT false evidence; I did vote OSG when I was the only one voting for him, I did find him scummy. I didn't really push a big case on him, except to restate my reasons for suspecting him towards day end; non-seriousness, lurking, and letting others do his claiming for him so that he can hide behind them. While that's not a really big push case, it's certainly justified and definitely from a town motivation.

I'm suspicious of the OMGUS. I'm going to do a post analysis on you.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 3 [1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED]
« Reply #332 on: June 15, 2015, 09:34:05 pm »

Alright. I'm claiming Werebear that acts like a paranoid war vet from Paranormal (kills anyone who targets me with a night action). I tried to look as much like an investigative role as possible yesterday-

I also knew that if I was trying to make people think I was an investigative role, I'd have to have investigated somebody the night before- my plan was to immediately target somebody (as if I had investigated them as scum) and then later confess doubt and wonder a lot about millers- I didn't count on the day to ending quite so quickly, though.

A person with a spear came near me house last night. I'm not sure if they were there to kill me or guard me, but I find it hard to believe that the scum would have two nightkills. I find it very odd that a member of the scum tried to guard me.

Oh yeah- in case I didn't make it clear enough, I killed the spear guy (who I am assuming is OSG).
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 15, 2015, 10:23:56 pm »

Spoiler: As Cheesecake (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: As Cheeetar (click to show/hide)
Now, I'll admit that this analysis of your posts has strayed from Definition 3 of Tunneling to Definition 2, but after all of that I'm still convinced of my case against you. LESS so than before, surprisingly, but still convinced.
The Cyan Menace

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 15, 2015, 10:29:07 pm »

So what do you make of me killing a scum member?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 15, 2015, 10:30:43 pm »

Oh- I wasn't aware that OSG targeted Birdy night 1. Question answered, I guess.
I've played some mafia.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 15, 2015, 10:34:12 pm »

So what do you make of me killing a scum member?
I'm not convinced YOU did. Remember, I said you were looking to Fake-Claim. And then you claimed Werebear and having killed OSG, and I am not convinced that that's NOT a fake-claim.
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 15, 2015, 10:42:25 pm »

One way to resolve this is with a Mass Claim... if nobody else claims Werebear, I'd HAVE to believe you.
The Cyan Menace

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 15, 2015, 10:50:14 pm »

Don't mass claim. He's struggling to make his death as scum meaningful. If anybody is werebear, feel free to counterclaim me- if nobody counterclaims, nobody else is werebear.
I've played some mafia.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 15, 2015, 11:04:19 pm »

*facepalm*
Why are you actively trying to stop me from confirming whether or not you, or anybody else, is scum?
A mass claim wouldn't just prove your innocence; it would also provide a lot more conversation topics than just You Vs Me, such as who's lying; with two information roles out of the game, I think that it will be very difficult for anyone to fake-claim an information role believably. With one guard already down who happened to be scum, also hard to fake being one. I believe that the claims would be very informative.

And if someone DOES counterclaim you? Then either you are fake-claiming or they're fake-claiming. One or the other. I'd do everything in my power, I promise, to figure out which of you was the real werebear.

And what's to say that their silence just means that they're lurking? I doubt that Roo or Tiruin would counterclaim even if they were the werebear and were following your directions.

At least tell me your reads, Cheeetar.
The Cyan Menace

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 16, 2015, 12:22:10 am »

I'm at Uni atm preparing for my exam, but right now I can give you at least a partial list of my reads.
Town: Cheeetar, Spruce's replacment (maybe?)
Scum: Flabort
I've played some mafia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 16, 2015, 01:33:35 am »

So I'm playing for EPenguin.

PFP, will deliver big post later - I'm a Sexton and have received a grand total of Nothing from...pretty much the recent days.
And I haven't fully read them in turn. :-\ Just putting this out.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 16, 2015, 03:40:38 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Cheeetar: flabort
flabort: Cheeetar

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday

roo has been prodded
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 16, 2015, 07:36:12 pm »

I'm at Uni atm preparing for my exam, but right now I can give you at least a partial list of my reads.
Town: Cheeetar, Spruce's replacment (maybe?)
Scum: Flabort
That's less than helpful. I'll add "Being obtuse" to the list.

So I'm playing for EPenguin.

PFP, will deliver big post later - I'm a Sexton and have received a grand total of Nothing from...pretty much the recent days.
And I haven't fully read them in turn. :-\ Just putting this out.
1) already knew that you had replaced him.
2) Hey, that's my role! Are you saying there's two of us, or are you counter-claiming?
3) Read as fast as you're able, then; we really need more active players, everybody lurking is killing the game.
The Cyan Menace

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 16, 2015, 08:43:11 pm »

Since we appear to be mass-claiming, I'll claim my role, too.

I am a Guardian Angel. Remember when I mentioned the possibility of a neutral third-party? This was why.

So, this means that there are a maximum of four living town members. If the Cult happens to have two members, there are three. The current claims are:
Tiruin - sexton
flabort - sexton
Cheeetar - werebear
TheDarkStar - guardian angel

No claimed role:
roo (he has very few posts in general - probably not one of the killers because he had internet/phone issues before the day ended)
Jack A T
spruce (due to requiring replacement - however, he could still be a killer who targeted someone before replacing out)

So the vig is either spruce or Jack (if everyone else was honest).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42