Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67833 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 1 - Dark Night heralds a Bloody Dawn
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2015, 06:54:25 pm »

@birdy: What is the town motivation behind pursuing a line of query that involves following up on the likeness of dwarf fortress and mafia?

Roo: To ascertain his true answer to my question while maintaining a chill composure!

birdy51: You asked for origami's real answer when he said 'magma'.

Cheesecake: Why yes. Yes I did. But I'm beginning to wonder how this is at all relevant to the task at hand. His answer was unsatisfactory, so I desired a follow up. That's the heart of this issue methinks, all banter and fun aside.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2015, 06:55:50 pm »

PPE:
Jack: It wasn't in some weird question and answer format. Is this how the entire game is played?
spruce: Well, we start by questioning each other for a while about stuff, usually theory, until people start trying to kill each other or everyone wants to kill roo.  Then we question each other about our desires to kill each other.  Then people die and we question each other about that, and so on.

There's a lot of questioning here.
Hrm. Maybe we should question weather or not this is a good strategy... That is surely a question to consider...

Cheesecake: Where did you see that this was a cult game? Please quote it.

All:

In a single word, describe what you believe what the most important aspect of Mafia is. Expound if you wish.
In a word, Investigation.

Peradon: What do you plan on doing for your day 1 play?
Typically, I Q&A someone until I find a flaw in their logic, which is followed by a pressure-fest. I think I'm gunna stick to that this time, unless I come up with some kind of gambit or other. After day 1, I think the role's will mess with so much, that it may confuse everything, so I have no idea for later on.

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2015, 06:58:30 pm »

@cheesecake they're okay reasons I think.

@birdy why don't you just ask instead of trying to be clever and your ultimate goal being lost in translation?

@Spruce how goes the fence sitting?
Or not it's cool.

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2015, 07:09:25 pm »

@Spruce how goes the fence sitting?

@ roo: I'm told everyone eventually votes to kill you.  That doesn't seem fair to me. Does that seem fair to you? But I guess I could vote you before hiding under my rock. I mean, we gotta get rid of rot somewhere, right?

EPenguin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2015, 07:13:55 pm »

Birdy51: Communication.
Jack A T: Scumteams have to cooperate effectively if they want to survive.

Everyone: Let me know what should be done in this scenario: We lynch a townie today, and wake up next morning to find him revived. What do we do with that player?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2015, 07:17:48 pm »

In a single word, describe what you believe what the most important aspect of Mafia is. Expound if you wish.
Trustnoone.

Toonyman: What differences do you expect in this game as opposed to a more normal game?
Well, we don't know the enemy time in a Supernatural. So figuring out the game set-up is pretty important.

ToonyMan: Why put the head out for display? What clues do YOU glean from the opening text?
Meph makes mention of The Rot, so it might have something to do with plant life? Or infections? I'm imagining trees for some reason. Either that or a kind of plague-bearer.

I don't know why they would put the head out for display.

@Spruce:
Please vote to kill.

@Deus Asmoth:
How many mafia members were there again?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2015, 07:21:43 pm »

@birdy why don't you just ask instead of trying to be clever and your ultimate goal being lost in translation?

Roo: Because I am fond of flowery text. I'm not taking everything seriously this early in the game. In fact, I would say that most of my extraneous banter was purely for my own amusement.

Everyone: Let me know what should be done in this scenario: We lynch a townie today, and wake up next morning to find him revived. What do we do with that player?

EPenguin: Jail him into oblivion in case he's a demon!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2015, 07:21:51 pm »

I can vaguely remember priest stuff happening in past games. I think I was revived as a bad guy in a previous game so we can't exactly be trusting. I think a priest can only revive once, so I suppose they would probably claim the revive afterwards.

Whether the priest turns out to be town or mafia would mean little for the revived townie, as they can come back as either alignment regardless of who does the revive.

So for now, I would say let them stay.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2015, 07:23:12 pm »

EPenguin: Jail him into oblivion in case he's a demon!
Oh right, I wasn't in Supernatural 4 (the best one) so I can't give any advice about that case.

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2015, 07:37:07 pm »

To All:

How many of you have played in earlier Supernatural series of games here, and how have those generally played out? Have they all been run by the same GM? Did they feature the same type of roles (not characters)?

And yes, I've read the GM's disclaimer about it.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2015, 07:43:06 pm »

I have no idea. Depends on the context of the revival.

...Please vote to kill.... Deus Asmoth...
Wait, what? Is this a vote to kill then?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2015, 07:52:13 pm »

...Meph games tend to have clues in the flavour...
@Jack: What kind of clues?

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2015, 08:01:50 pm »

Also to all:

Are we encouraged or even allowed to post vote counts like this one, or is that strictly a GM or votebot thing?

Jack AT (1) DS
origamiscienceguy
flabort
Persus13
Peradon
Deus Asmoth (1) ToonyMan
Teneb
TheDarkStar
ToonyMan
roo
spruce
birdy51
Cheesecake (2) roo, Peradon
EPenguin

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2015, 08:14:09 pm »

OSG: Is this the party that we are to get started?  (PPE: Apparently, yes.)  More seriously, Meph games tend to have clues in the flavour.  How much attention will you pay to the flavour and when?
I am not going to base any arguments off of flavor text, because it could easily go either way. For example, the thief sounds like an enemy when they could just as well be for the town.

@birdy, For mafia, i'd say Backstabbery, because everybody does it, even if they didn't mean it.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2015, 08:14:52 pm »

The point of the humor was really just for humor.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42