Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42

Author Topic: Supernatural 8 - Game over! Town Victory  (Read 67818 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 8 - Day 1 - Dark Night heralds a Bloody Dawn
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2015, 03:37:20 pm »

TDS: How long do you think it will take for us to lynch you?

If I'm unlucky, one day. If I'm lucky, maybe two.

Spruce: You asked what the Blue Bold text means. Not sure if you were asking cheesecake in particular for a reason, but I'll answer. It's a Finger of Suspicion.

To clarify this a bit more, blue text is used to show that you're suspicious of someone but not enough to warrant a vote or you're already voting for someone else but want to note a second suspect.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2015, 03:38:27 pm »

EBWOP:

TDS:
Darkstar: This makes me curious. Why Dying in particular?

Because it's one of the main things that drives a mafia game. Even with a cult, lynching still occurs.
And because it often happens to you in Mafia games? Think you'll be able to avoid the Day 1 lynch this game?

::)

Also, I meant "Putting people's names in blue" rather than "blue text" in my previous post.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2015, 03:42:36 pm »

To All:

How many of you have played in earlier Supernatural series of games here, and how have those generally played out? Have they all been run by the same GM? Did they feature the same type of roles (not characters)?

I am one of those who has not been in any Supernatural games to date. This would be my first round, and I'm coming into it relatively fresh. I've read a bit though.

birdy, I don't know that there is a single most important part of the game. It all comes down to how you play it at the end of the day, and even the question and answer game is the most used tool, gut feeling plays a large part in it as well in a lot of cases.

Deus Asmoth: I'll roll with it. The word you are looking for is "Malleability", or in this case the ability to utilize different styles to achieve victory. Would you agree?

---

Spruce: What stage of your strategy are you in right now?
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2015, 05:42:01 pm »

That's a reasonable way of summing it up, yes.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2015, 06:51:15 pm »

So finals have started, so expect my posts to be a bit sparse.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2015, 07:28:09 pm »

Thanks, Jack, flabort, and esp. Persus, that was very helpful. And DarkStar about the blue.

Spruce: What stage of your strategy are you in right now?
I said "Strategery", not, "strategy", if it really matters. It's a SNL reference regarding a Bush/Gore presidential debate parody from 2000 (season 26). You demanded, "In a single word, describe what you believe what the most important aspect of Mafia is." The form of the 'question' humourously reminded me of SNL and slogans those in every presidential debate, where there's a simplistic expectation to define a campaign with capsules like, "Hope", "Yes, America Can", "Country First", or "Ross for Boss".

In mafia it's indeed strategy, whether it's "mistrust", as cheesecake answered, "information", as Jack suggested, "discussion", proffered by flabort, "investigation", from Peradon, "voting", for DarkStar, "communication", from EPenguin, linky "Trustnoone", from ToonyMan, "Backstabbery", for OSG, "Winning", from Teneb, "Enjoyment", of Persus, or "play", as DA elucidated. Others gave similarly humourous responses of "magma", or "dying", but they're all defined by strategy - one's approach to the game. Those are all strategies. That's what's "most important", and from my reading everyone agrees. Mafia or werewolf or whatever is a game of strategy.

You said you meant it as an "ice-breaker", which I took as a sort of check-in question to foster discussion. Yeah, it's good to get things started, but I'm not sure you answered it yourself. You seemed to get most everyone's attention though.

As for "stage"es, I'm still trying to get used to the new place and what to me is a weird format. I'm used to faster 24/12 games in a casual conversational style where one isn't distracted by bells and whistles of particular formatting. I thought the game was gonna start a day earlier than it did and the first day last 72 hours, so I'm still trying to adjust to that change too, with other larger games I'm involved with elsewhere. That is, scheduling playtime is critical to how my participation unfolds. I'm also American East coast, if that matters. LOL, I still haven't figured out the 'lurker' thingy someone mentioned, or even how to iso player posts. I'm sure I'll figure it out, but it looks to be a long Day 1 (for me anyway), so I've been in no rush.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2015, 07:54:03 pm »

I'm used to faster 24/12 games in a casual conversational style where one isn't distracted by bells and whistles of particular formatting.
spruce: Casual conversational style can work here.  Most of the QandA-type formatting here is for clarity in speaking to specific players, really.
LOL, I still haven't figured out the 'lurker' thingy someone mentioned, or even how to iso player posts.
Only practical way I know of to iso player posts here is through the Lurker Tracker.  It's pretty easy to use.  Basically, you copy the URL for a post (almost always the OP or the start of D1) into the "Thread URL" section, check the "Clear db first" box (do not forget this), and click the track button.  You'll get a list of people who've posted since the selected post.  Each player's current vote and voting history will be given, along with links to all of their posts.  The time since their last post will also be given.

Cheesecake: Let's look back at your chat with flabort:
How do you know there's a cult? Supernatural isn't always a cult game.
flabort: How do we know there isn't?
At this point, what were your beliefs about the possibility of a cult?
Peradon: I thought I saw it mentioned in the OP... Anyways, Mephansteras said that flavor was very important. The High Priest was murdered, God bless his soul, so maybe that's a clue?
Interesting change of topic under fire.  Why ask this?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2015, 08:26:59 pm »

...Please vote to kill.... Deus Asmoth...
Wait, what? Is this a vote to kill then?
Yes.

Tooney, I don't think it was mentioned. Did you mean that you want me to guess how many there are?
Yeah, go ahead.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2015, 12:37:05 am »

Thanks, Jack, flabort, and esp. Persus, that was very helpful. And DarkStar about the blue.
Yer' welcome.

So... so. I think I missed a question to me. I'll check and answer in the morning.

Until then, I'll leave a question:

Everyone: At what point in the game do you think that you personally are most likely going to be lynched or killed?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2015, 12:55:56 am »

Everyone: At what point in the game do you think that you personally are most likely going to be lynched or killed?
flabort: I don't get lynched.  (3 times ever, and one of those was deliberate)  Killed...N2 or N3 or so.
And you?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2015, 01:04:56 am »

Lynched day 4 if I'm lucky, day 2 if I'm not. Alternatively killed nights 1 or 2.
Hoping to survive to the end, obviously, but with my track record as a towny it seems unlikely.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2015, 03:11:25 am »

Going off the past, day 2 for a lynch and night 1 for a kill.

Tooney, I suppose given the number of players I'd guess at three scum and one or two third parties. How does this help you?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2015, 03:31:41 am »

Jack A T: My beliefs about the possibility of a cult was that there was one, up until everyone started questioning it. Then I rechecked the OP and it wasn't mentioned. Like I said, I prolly mixed it up with the Cult Mafia 2 game I was reading.

flabort: Seeing my votes, prolly Day 1 :p
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2015, 03:41:35 am »

ACK, I didn't see this game pop up!
Supernatural~

Replacement list please!

spruce

• Bay Watcher
  • escaped lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2015, 08:49:38 am »

flabort: Who gets all our stuff when we Day 1 die? It's not that rat-bastard birdy, is it? And please tell me it isn't roo? 'Cause I would like to designate that DarkStar get all my stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42