Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 433882 times)

mdk666

• Bay Watcher
  • cheaply produced multi-functional biological tool
    • View Profile

Throwing energy at an object is pretty damn simple. Lasers are easy.

Cling is one of the instinctual Patterns, Kiri can only maintain five Foxfire orbs structured for Cling. It's a somewhat complex Pattern.
Apparently even with "minimal experience" lasers are easy, and somewhat complex patterns can be used. I'd imagine then, that even someone who is "functionally human" can still deviate enough.
Then let the person who made the character state the deviations.
Isn't your secondary Char the species studies teacher? if so, then you've a pretty good chance to see the Powers & Abilities sheet for John in due time.

...he's not gonna be able to logic that a bullet hit him from the back either but as best as I can tell it still hurts him.
So, y'know.
I'm fairly sure it's subconscious or whatever.
It's subconscious.

He's been stated as functionally human.
Nope, it has been stated that his body is functionally human.
That's still functionally human. I'm rather certain that if you walked into a room. And saw two people holding fire. You wouldn't go "Oh, that fire must be cold and not harmful at all." Because that makes no sense. You can't hold fire if you're thinking about it logically. It's insubstantial. So you would go "That's probably actual fire but they're probably holding whatever is producing it in a way that prevents burning."

Then one of them lobs the fire at you. Even if you think at it slowly. You can't see any way to grab it in the presumed safe way. You have no way to stop the painful fire from hitting you. So you move your hand to block it.
Why would any reasonably sane person assume that the participants in a costume fest are holding real flame in their hand?

Pretty sure his damaging is subconscious. If he gets shot from behind. He still got shot. He still got damaged.

Yeah, if he got shot, he's damaged, I agree with you there. He just doesn't realize the severity of his injury, at least yet. Remove your ability to feel pain or fear and you'd get a similar result.
He has actually a very good idea what damage a bullet does and can simulate the wounds well enough that you could roll him into an ER without anybody getting suspicious.
Imagen the look on his face when a .50BMG bullet destroys his head someday he he finds out that he isn't bothered much by that.
The world will look up and shout: "Spare us."
And I will laugh.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

You know, Wiles isn't a very good detective if he doesn't even have an idea why David would run off like that.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Guys, guys
Can you just like
Chill the fuck down and let the player explain it?

we let you have your fun, don't ruin ours

You know, Wiles isn't a very good detective if he doesn't even have an idea why David would run off like that.

Dog-man? A fun fact for you here: Kitsune are utterly terrified of dogs, to the point of utter cowardice. Do with this information as you will.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Y-yeah, well...
Yo momma!
Or something.
Or maybe he does realise and chooses not to talk about it out loud...? Ever thought of that? I don't have to show you my character's thoughts all the time, y'know.
Guys, guys
Can you just like

Fuck you I'll ruin your fun all I want
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

So basically Clap Your Hands If You Believe in terms of everything affecting him. :P

Nah, more like an inverted Magic Feather, because his overconfidence is his downfall.

But his body isn't Affected unless he is subconsciously aware of it. So he'd be aware of how badly he got burned.

I don't think that's quite how reality works. If you receive a fireball in the face, it'll burn your freakin' face off regardless of your awareness of it.
That isn't how reality works. That's what his player is said how it affects his character. Shit doesn't do jack unless his character believes it does something. Which is sorta stupid and honestly one of the things that we can class as OP as shit here. Since by that logic it means even the principle couldn't do jack to John simply if John believes it does nothing.

Why would any reasonably sane person assume that the participants in a costume fest are holding real flame in their hand?
Because most stagefire is actually fire or explosive powder burning on some easily conciliable object. If you're gonna try going the prop route, then you're gonna have to try better then that.

Guys, guys
Can you just like

Dog-man? A fun fact for you here: Kitsune are utterly terrified of dogs, to the point of utter cowardice. Do with this information as you will.
Only in some lore. Barring traumatic life experiences, Kitsune aren't scared of dogs. They have plenty of other silly weaknesses anyways.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Y-yeah, well...
Yo momma!
Or something.
Or maybe he does realise and chooses not to talk about it out loud...? Ever thought of that? I don't have to show you my character's thoughts all the time, y'know.
WILES IS A BAD DETECTIVE, PASS IT ON!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Y-yeah, well...
Yo momma!
Or something.
WILES IS A BAD DETECTIVE, PASS IT ON!
oh no
theyve found out
quick, wiles, get your gun
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Really? The origin story (literally the first reference of Kitsune in folklore, the origin of their name) has a kitsune bolting away from a dog.

Although you could just ignore the lore, though. Tis a fair cop.

That isn't how reality works. That's what his player is said how it affects his character. Shit doesn't do jack unless his character believes it does something. Which is sorta stupid and honestly one of the things that we can class as OP as shit here. Since by that logic it means even the principle couldn't do jack to John simply if John believes it does nothing.

Yeah, that is insanely dumb. Mainly because if he doesn't understand the entirety of the universe at any given moment he ceases to exist. Poof.

So we're playing this game now >:D
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Yes. Yes we are.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So basically Clap Your Hands If You Believe in terms of everything affecting him. :P

Nah, more like an inverted Magic Feather, because his overconfidence is his downfall.

But his body isn't Affected unless he is subconsciously aware of it. So he'd be aware of how badly he got burned.

I don't think that's quite how reality works. If you receive a fireball in the face, it'll burn your freakin' face off regardless of your awareness of it.

Because most stagefire is actually fire or explosive powder burning on some easily conciliable object. If you're gonna try going the prop route, then you're gonna have to try better then that.
Why would someone be eating fire like that? Is it not also feasible that such a thought never entered his mind, thus meaning it had no effect?

Also, it is no more OP than Kiri's capabilities. And it has been GM approved.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why would someone be eating fire like that? Is it not also feasible that such a thought never entered his mind, thus meaning it had no effect?

Also, it is no more OP than Kiri's capabilities. And it has been GM approved.
Why would someone be eating fire in a showmanship setting cause we're using that scenario? Plenty of people eat fire at circuses. It's still fire.

Really? The origin story (literally the first reference of Kitsune in folklore, the origin of their name) has a kitsune bolting away from a dog.

Although you could just ignore the lore, though. Tis a fair cop.

Yeah, that is insanely dumb. Mainly because if he doesn't understand the entirety of the universe at any given moment he ceases to exist. Poof.

So we're playing this game now >:D
Correct. Doesn't make much sense.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

And some of you fools laughed at me when you said having no stats is easier. Scrubs.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No stats makes things easier If players ensure their characters make sense.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Then you run into the issue of fucking vampires and kitsune being on the same level as Dimitri and Mimu.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why would someone be eating fire in a showmanship setting cause we're using that scenario? Plenty of people eat fire at circuses. It's still fire.
And how often do they do that at a cosplay convention? John thinks it's like that, not a circus. Not to mention that having purple fire would likely require the burning of some sort of metallic salt normally.

How about this then? We let it come down to a vote. For either every single character and species or just the controversial ones. Ones with enough votes against them are removed or completely nerfed. Addresses the concerns about John and Kiri in one fell swoop.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 534