Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 433825 times)

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Okay, so he's underestimating how effective fire is on a human body. As such, he suffers the consequences by burning himself, and he'd eventually realise this and learn.

You have no proof of my humping legs, but we do have your admission you're a drunk. :P

So? What's wrong with being drunk every now and again? I enjoy it.

Besides, you want to hump legs, but you're to afraid to, so you write stories about humping legs.  :P
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Okay, so he's underestimating how effective fire is on a human body. As such, he suffers the consequences by burning himself, and he'd eventually realise this and learn.

You have no proof of my humping legs, but we do have your admission you're a drunk. :P

So? What's wrong with being drunk every now and again? I enjoy it.

Besides, you want to hump legs, but you're to afraid to, so you write stories about humping legs.  :P
Pretty sure his damaging is subconscious. If he gets shot from behind. He still got shot. He still got damaged.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Show me these mythical stories of humping legs. I believe I must've been drunker than you if I don't remember writing them. :P

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Here's what I've gotten from this so far:
-John's, ah, simulation of damage is subconscious
-If John doesn't know how something works, neither does his subconscious
-If John somehow only saw people getting mildly burned then he'd assume that's what fire does
-I have no idea how any of this is relevant
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Show me these mythical stories of humping legs. I believe I must've been drunker than you if I don't remember writing them. :P

leg humping is a metaphor for romance, a la shipping

god, you people are supposed to be creative writers

Pretty sure his damaging is subconscious. If he gets shot from behind. He still got shot. He still got damaged.

Yeah, if he got shot, he's damaged, I agree with you there. He just doesn't realize the severity of his injury, at least yet. Remove your ability to feel pain or fear and you'd get a similar result.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:55:53 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Either way, he has enough information that he subconscious could come up with the idea that it can't harm him. Plus he isn't actually human, so it could be quite conceivable that his species developed to automatically make such leaps of logic precisely because it can completely negate the damage of unknown effects.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure you meant something ELSE by leg humping, knowing the thread title.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

His species is a manifestation of weapons.

It can't really develop because it's a manifestation.

I'm pretty sure he realizes the severity of injuries.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

He recognises the severity of injuries, but he doesn't understand how something so relatively weak could hurt him. It can hurt him, easily, but he doesn't understand why, and won't react to it until he notices he's actually got severe burns.

Also, Kiri is a fox. Foxes do very little outside of eating and screwing, when left to their own devices. Psychological development is core for all sapient life.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So basically Clap Your Hands If You Believe in terms of everything affecting him. :P

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's a weapons spirit. Doesn't automatically mean that he's a living weapon like Falchion.

He realizes the severity of normal injuries. His impression upon entering the room was that the two people holding the fire were human. Hence the fire cannot harm humans and can be safely held. Hence he can safely catch and hold it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But his body isn't Affected unless he is subconsciously aware of it. So he'd be aware of how badly he got burned.

He's a weapons spirit. Doesn't automatically mean that he's a living weapon like Falchion.

He realizes the severity of normal injuries. His impression upon entering the room was that the two people holding the fire were human. Hence the fire cannot harm humans and can be safely held. Hence he can safely catch and hold it.
Are you trying to rp for the character's creator now? Also I don't think I ever stated he was a living weapon.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you trying to rp for the character's creator now? Also I don't think I ever stated he was a living weapon.
I am merely presenting a counter-model to your own. Also, I said "Doesn't automatically mean that he's a living weapon like Falchion." because you asserted that it was a manifestation of weapons, which from my understanding cannot be determined with the current data.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

So basically Clap Your Hands If You Believe in terms of everything affecting him. :P

Nah, more like an inverted Magic Feather, because his overconfidence is his downfall.

But his body isn't Affected unless he is subconsciously aware of it. So he'd be aware of how badly he got burned.

I don't think that's quite how reality works. If you receive a fireball in the face, it'll burn your freakin' face off regardless of your awareness of it.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Guys, guys
Can you just like
Chill the fuck down and let the player explain it?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 534