Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 433832 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Little by Kitsune standards still leaves a hell of a lot of instinct to help. He'd get thrashed if he tried going against Akia for example.

Shatter IS an illusion. It was stated as such.

Throwing energy at an object is pretty damn simple. Lasers are easy.

Cling is one of the instinctual Patterns, Kiri can only maintain five Foxfire orbs structured for Cling. It's a somewhat complex Pattern.

mdk666

• Bay Watcher
  • cheaply produced multi-functional biological tool
    • View Profile

...he's not gonna be able to logic that a bullet hit him from the back either but as best as I can tell it still hurts him.
So, y'know.
I'm fairly sure it's subconscious or whatever.
It's subconscious.

He's been stated as functionally human.
Nope, it has been stated that his body is functionally human.
The world will look up and shout: "Spare us."
And I will laugh.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cling is one of the instinctual Patterns, Kiri can only maintain five Foxfire orbs structured for Cling. It's a somewhat complex Pattern.
Apparently even with "minimal experience" lasers are easy, and somewhat complex patterns can be used. I'd imagine then, that even someone who is "functionally human" can still deviate enough.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

I WAS RIGHT
SUCK IT NERDS

I-I mean...
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Apparently even with "minimal experience" lasers are easy, and somewhat complex patterns can be used. I'd imagine then, that even someone who is "functionally human" can still deviate enough.
Then let the person who made the character state the deviations.

...he's not gonna be able to logic that a bullet hit him from the back either but as best as I can tell it still hurts him.
So, y'know.
It's subconscious.

That's still functionally human. I'm rather certain that if you walked into a room. And saw two people holding fire. You wouldn't go "Oh, that fire must be cold and not harmful at all." Because that makes no sense. You can't hold fire if you're thinking about it logically. It's insubstantial. So you would go "That's probably actual fire but they're probably holding whatever is producing it in a way that prevents burning."

Then one of them lobs the fire at you. Even if you think at it slowly. You can't see any way to grab it in the presumed safe way. You have no way to stop the painful fire from hitting you. So you move your hand to block it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, y'know.
It's subconscious.

That's still functionally human. I'm rather certain that if you walked into a room. And saw two people holding fire. You wouldn't go "Oh, that fire must be cold and not harmful at all." Because that makes no sense. You can't hold fire if you're thinking about it logically. It's insubstantial. So you would go "That's probably actual fire but they're probably holding whatever is producing it in a way that prevents burning."

Then one of them lobs the fire at you. Even if you think at it slowly. You can't see any way to grab it in the presumed safe way. You have no way to stop the painful fire from hitting you. So you move your hand to block it.
Body does not necessarily equate to Mind. Just because his body is functionally human does not mean his thought patterns are.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

It's not a human mind. Hell, it probably isn't a terran mind. It has no understanding of how fire works on humans, and the neural network of reactionary responses simply isn't there. He just looks human, but in reality, he's a monster hiding in a meatsuit.

Think of it like driving a mecha of some variety. If the leg of the machine breaks, you can't move around and the machine might warn the pilot, but you don't feel pain and you're confused until you find out exactly why it works.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:45:50 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just by reading the title, I am very glad I decided against joining this game. O_O
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

The power of boners is another name for genetic imperative: the reason why you do anything ever
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Just by reading the title, I am very glad I decided against joining this game. O_O
It's surprisingly much cleaner than that.

And you can blame SMURFY MCDRUNKERTON for that name.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Oh please, my titles are on point, ELF MCLEGHUMPERTON
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not a human mind. Hell, it probably isn't a terran mind. It has no understanding of how fire works on humans, and the neural network of reactionary responses simply isn't there. He just looks human, but in reality, he's a monster hiding in a meatsuit.

Think of it like driving a mecha of some variety. If the leg of the machine breaks, you can't move around and the machine might warn the pilot, but you don't feel pain and you're confused until you find out exactly why it works.
He's already stated fire burns.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I renamed it that because in the OOC someone referenced Cinema Sins and that was a running gag.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

You'd think that he learned how fire works at some point during his many fights/wars/whatever with other beings.
Edit: SO MANY FUCKING NINJAS
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Oh please, my titles are on point, ELF MCLEGHUMPERTON
You have no proof of my humping legs, but we do have your admission you're a drunk. :P
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 534