Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 432613 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Also, ATMs aren't household objects anyway :P

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, if it's just charisma and negotiation skill, can't he just focus on that? Hell, I had a type of pseudo-eldritch entity in a setting of mine that literally negotiates so effectively that anyone too close to it would quickly find that they have been convinced to make legally binding agreements that screw themselves over without even remembering signing them.
Sounds more like mind rape than a legally binding agreement. It wouldn't hold up in a court of law most likely.
Actually, it would have held. As in, the person DOES agree to it and understands the implications. They just forget about how they were convinced to do it immediately. Not the entity's fault that they forgot.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Razor wire's too small for him to command, and he can just whip out an actual shiv anyway.
...or he could command ten knives to hop to chopping that meat over there into small cubes.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile

Also, ATMs aren't household objects anyway :P
I know a guy...
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Kiri is gonna like this teacher.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Razor wire's too small for him to command, and he can just whip out an actual shiv anyway.
...or he could command ten knives to hop to chopping that meat over there into small cubes.
Point taken. I just thought of that one myself, although why he can't just bring out a katana himself and stab you, I dunno. More efficient.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Well, if it's just charisma and negotiation skill, can't he just focus on that? Hell, I had a type of pseudo-eldritch entity in a setting of mine that literally negotiates so effectively that anyone too close to it would quickly find that they have been convinced to make legally binding agreements that screw themselves over without even remembering signing them.
Sounds more like mind rape than a legally binding agreement. It wouldn't hold up in a court of law most likely.
Actually, it would have held. As in, the person DOES agree to it and understands the implications. They just forget about how they were convinced to do it immediately. Not the entity's fault that they forgot.
Then who's fault is it? Because people don't go around forgetting about their contracts. And what's to stop them from just shooting the sum' bitch later on?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Point taken. I just thought of that one myself, although why he can't just bring out a katana himself and stab you occurs to me.
Maybe because attacking with both 10 knives and a katana is much better?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Dunno why.

He doesn't seem to do anything but argue with her and he's not capable of feeding off her emotions because she has too tight a control of them for them to be siphoned off.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He can kill you just as easily with one katana as with ten knives. :P

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then who's fault is it? Because people don't go around forgetting about their contracts. And what's to stop them from just shooting the sum' bitch later on?
The person is still bound by it. I mean, you can be prosecuted for breaching laws you don't know about, this is basically the same thing. Plus they remember the contract, they forget the negotiation process. Also, it was for that Dissociation game where your character was that person filled with water spiders, those things would have been enemies, and no there's nothing preventing you from attacking them. But they would have continuously inflicted debuffs due to their negotiation skills.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Dunno why.

He doesn't seem to do anything but argue with her and he's not capable of feeding off her emotions because she has too tight a control of them for them to be siphoned off.
...as loathe as I am to even mention the word, because blackroms, possibly...?
But one is so much quicker than the other, and not necessarily. He may, for example, not be skilled enough with just the katana, and need the added distraction of fending off 10 knives to actually get a hit in.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

The person is still bound by it. I mean, you can be prosecuted for breaching laws you don't know about, this is basically the same thing. Plus they remember the contract, they forget the negotiation process. Also, it was for that Dissociation game where your character was that person filled with water spiders, those things would have been enemies, and no there's nothing preventing you from attacking them. But they would have continuously inflicted debuffs due to their negotiation skills.
What happens if someone puts on earplugs?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Dunno why.

He isn't even trying to feed.

Kiri has a rather interesting mindset. He detests being helped. Has to do it on his own or it's worth zilch to him. That also happens to be the main reason why he doesn't worship the deity most Inari worship. That the teacher marked his technically absurdly rare accomplishments as subpar got him going.

Dunno why.

...as loathe as I am to even mention the word, because blackroms, possibly...?
But one is so much quicker than the other, and not necessarily. He may, for example, not be skilled enough with just the katana, and need the added distraction of fending off 10 knives to actually get a hit in.
No, Kiri can't hate someone who gets his drive going.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, why a katana? Why would, of all the weapons he would be familiar with, it be a weapon from another country that isn't found in most households?

-snip-
What happens if someone puts on earplugs?
That would have actually worked to an extent. Since it'd be forced to waste turns writing out it's arguments to convince people to take off their earplugs that it could have otherwise spent stabbing and slashing everyone to death.
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295] 296 297 ... 534