Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 432561 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Well, if it's just charisma and negotiation skill, can't he just focus on that? Hell, I had a type of pseudo-eldritch entity in a setting of mine that literally negotiates so effectively that anyone too close to it would quickly find that they have been convinced to make legally binding agreements that screw themselves over without even remembering signing them.
...so basically Thief?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Yep. That is why Domovoi are limited in extent. Otherwise he could literally, at a certain level of power, tell the spirits of the school's walls to collapse themselves on everyone. :P

The last time one Domovoi was removed in limits, he basically had to be dogpiled with serious magical shit before he stopped, and they had to gag the fucker while he tried to shiv them.

Well, if it's just charisma and negotiation skill, can't he just focus on that? Hell, I had a type of pseudo-eldritch entity in a setting of mine that literally negotiates so effectively that anyone too close to it would quickly find that they have been convinced to make legally binding agreements that screw themselves over without even remembering signing them.
Physical limitation. He CAN'T do it, not without some very powerful being breaking that limit off of him.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, but if he can convince spirits to do stuff, can't he just convince people as well? So just something mundane like negotiation a merger or acquisition to be more favorable.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Isn't that the character you played in ROTMG almost?

Yep. That is why Domovoi are limited in extent. Otherwise he could literally, at a certain level of power, tell the spirits of the school's walls to collapse themselves on everyone. :P

The last time one Domovoi was removed in limits, he basically had to be dogpiled with serious magical shit before he stopped.

Physical limitation. He CAN'T do it, not without some very powerful being breaking that limit off of him.

But yeah sounds like we have a shirou situation. He can only do one thing, and there are limits to how much muscle he can bring to bear to do them.

So he needs to learn how to rules lawyer it.

'oh, I don't actually make things, I just happen to have a soul that serves as an infinitely-stocked foundry capable of perfectly reproducing anything I've ever seen and I just use my magic to project what's already there.'

Broke motherfucker.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And yet he dies in almost every route. Goes to show how borked the Nasuverse is.

Someone far more imaginative than me is going to have to figure out how to rules lawyer his ability to make it useful for anything that isn't being the best damn household everything ever. :P

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Sounds more like mind rape than a legally binding agreement. It wouldn't hold up in a court of law most likely.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

And yet he dies in almost every route. Goes to show how borked the Nasuverse is.

Someone far more imaginative than me is going to have to figure out how to rules lawyer his ability to make it useful for anything that isn't being the best damn household everything ever. :P

Well, it's easy.

He needs to take out the trash.

So he takes out the trash.

Get some razor wire that's TOTALLY FOR CUTTING CHEESE AND STUFF and just, you know. Ask it to cut through that biological matter over there. Which is, technically, what it does.

Also, he survives in Fate, searching for Saber for eternity, and he survives in UBW to go on being an hero.

He only TECHNICALLY dies in Heaven's Feel, except not really because magic.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:02:36 am by ragnarok97071 »
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Hm.
So he can convince household objects to do things?
The most logical conclusion I can jump to is commanding kitchen knives, preferably the really fucking long ones.
Lots and lots of knives.
Or, as Rag said, rip off Walter.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why is everyone immediately jumping to weaponizing his abilities? Money is a lot more important.

He could just run a successful hotel filled with supposedly automated equipment, which are actually just embellished regular objects, and just run the whole joint. Think about it, 24 hour automated, world class service.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:04:13 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Why is everyone immediately jumping to weaponizing his abilities? Money is a lot more important.

This too.

Being the best housekeeper earns all dem dolla bills.

Also

Tell ATMs to dispense cash.

It's what they do, right?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Personally I'm more in favor of perverting them. Instant martial aids with vibration technology where ever you go!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

because I'm a very violent person and weaponise everything I see?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Razor wire's too small for him to command, and he can just whip out an actual shiv anyway.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Personally I'm more in favor of perverting them. Instant martial aids with vibration technology where ever you go!

wut

because I'm a very violent person and weaponise everything I see?

This is the freaking forums for the guys who made DWARF FUGGIN FORTRESS.

it should not be surprising that we immediately jump to weaponizing the ability to make brooms move around and clean shit up.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

And don't forget aerosol cans.
thincake
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 534