Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 430694 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you two are going off on two differing definitions of the same term again.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

Sounds about right Emp :/
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile

Okay, Kevak's Kitsune illusion explanation sounds like something bordering on telepathy. And it sounds like it allows weaseling, so I'll just try to explain it so you can't weasel with it.
The Kitsune aren't telepathic, they're illusionists.
A Kitsune can't alter how you perceive, but they can make you see things or hide things from view.
Basically, they send you illusions which only you can see. These can cancel what you see, or suggest it looks like something, which would make you project your expectations onto it.

The only way for a Kitsune to be psychic is if they're taught it by psychics (and it's a form of psychic that even Humans can learn).
The foxfire is NOT better than any other form of magic, there's no way it can.
Saying one is better than the other is like saying a car is better than a bunker. They can't be compared before you apply a situation or parameter to judge it by.
Er no, that isn't what we talked about. It also isn't bordering on telepathy.
Whenever you say "altering target's perception", that's bordering on telepathy (or some sort of other psychic effect). Kitsune illusion can work off perception, but not alter it.
I will not let you "Song of Saya" people, not even for an instant.
I would not call it telepathy but rather a mind-affecting ability as it in the end effect does affect the mind's perception by use of sensory data. Mind-affecting abilities do not always directly affect the mind.
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Quote from: That stuff about how long we've been on
-snip-
And I joined less than 3 months ago!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

And I joined almost 2 years ago!
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And it is utterly irrelevant!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

oihewifhesifewhi spidereverywherekillthemthereinmyroomandthelivingroom

* kevak has stopped working pls reboot

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

*Proceeds to Reboot Kevak
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

pls download antispiederlaserfireguns spiderseverewgrewghre

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

Err. Illusions are Literally the alteration of perception. You do something to alter how the brain perceives something. Also water's magnifying effect is just light dilation, it isn't an illusion.
And I'm expecting you to weasel that into making people blind or lose balance.
So I'm just going to say that Kitsune can't do that. Because it's a different school of magic (which also Humans can learn).
Visual and auditory illusions is all you can do, maybe a bit of touchy feely, but no color blinding people.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Err. Illusions are Literally the alteration of perception. You do something to alter how the brain perceives something. Also water's magnifying effect is just light dilation, it isn't an illusion.
So I'm just going to say that Kitsune can't do that. Because it's a different school of magic (which also Humans can learn).
Visual and auditory illusions is all you can do, maybe a bit of touchy feely, but no color blinding people.
will argue later

kitsune can totes make peopel blind

was satates earlier

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

will argue later

was satates earlier
It involves a lot of screaming and a decent quantity of blood :P

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

will argue later

was satates earlier
F*** no, that's outside Kitsune territory, not gonna allow that. They can obscure vision with illusions, but not flat out blind people.
I'm making limits, because I can't trust you. I don't want Kumo to have god powers.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

totes in illusio nterritory

nowhere near god

if i wanted a godcharacter i would use a realitywarrper

also spiderewvilmi

ohhey lightning out window

or maybe exlosion

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this our cue to go back to burger analogies? It seemed to work out so well with the last argument (the one where the final ruling was that huffing burgers for nourishment has no health risks, but actually consuming one results in obesity) :P
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 534