Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 430521 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Ultimately, keeping things balanced so that one player can't shit all over everyone else with a no-limits-fallacy überpower that can't be stopped by anything is more important than portraying things absolutely accurately.
I came to this opinion because I've tried the above before and it just leads to a bunch of 'nuh uh you can't do that' and 'yuh huh I can' back and forth in the OOC thread for a billion pages.' :P
Yeah, but what stops Kiri?
Presumably the fact that he...
Well, I was gonna say he's physically weak but apparently he's fairly good at football so that's right out the fucking window. His laziness maybe? Dunno.
He's good at Real Football. Not murca football.

If you really want me to call it by it's Americain given name, it's soccer.

Kiri has stamina and dexterity. He does not have physical strength. Odds are is a baseline human could beat him in an arm wrestle easily.
Also if there is something that is unfazed by illusions would be a good start.
I think there are five or so things so far illusions do jack to? Excluding teachers cause I don't know how many there are.
Yes, that is true but if one with strong will power may be able to resist its effects.
Less a willpower thing and more an attention to detail. And then attention to detail doesn't really negate the fact that the illusion is there. Illusions don't unravel when you declare they're fake. They unravel when they run out of energy.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Ultimately, keeping things balanced so that one player can't shit all over everyone else with a no-limits-fallacy überpower that can't be stopped by anything is more important than portraying things absolutely accurately.
I came to this opinion because I've tried the above before and it just leads to a bunch of 'nuh uh you can't do that' and 'yuh huh I can' back and forth in the OOC thread for a billion pages.' :P
Well, I was gonna say he's physically weak but apparently he's fairly good at football so that's right out the fucking window. His laziness maybe? Dunno.

Kiri has stamina and dexterity. He does not have physical strength. Odds are is a baseline human could beat him in an arm wrestle easily.
I think there are five or so things so far illusions do jack to? Excluding teachers cause I don't know how many there are.
Yes, that is true but if one with strong will power may be able to resist its effects.
Less a willpower thing and more an attention to detail. And then attention to detail doesn't really negate the fact that the illusion is there. Illusions don't unravel when you declare they're fake. They unravel when they run out of energy.
Dungeons and Dragons would like to disagree with you.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are we playing Dungeons and Dragons right now? Am I using Dungeons and Dragons lore?

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile

Snarky lol.

Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

I mean, technically we are using a d20 based system that uses lot's of fantasy elements. Could easily be a homebrewed DND setting.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh. No.

It's like calling a cat a dog because cats and dogs both have four legs and good hearing.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Both of you, enough snarky and post your thoughts for Ripols. She is has found new targets interesting things to listen to.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Vacio

• Bay Watcher
  • I have awoken from my long slumber....
    • View Profile

Are we playing Dungeons and Dragons right now? Am I using Dungeons and Dragons lore?
So you are stating that your powers do not affect the mind?
Discontinued Game
Los Diablos

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They affect sensory input before it reaches the brain. If they affected the mind directly, then Kiri would be able to read minds down the line as a logical deviation from that. Which he cannot do and will not be able to do. He is not a psychic.

He affects what sensory data the mind is able to process, but does not directly alter the mind.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

To be fair it might be the kind of illusion that creates external stimulus.

Which means it wouldn't be mind-affecting, but also doesn't have the crutch of being able to lean on the brain's own expectations to tailor itself to work better.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair it might be the kind of illusion that creates external stimulus.

Which means it wouldn't be mind-affecting, but also doesn't have the crutch of being able to lean on the brain's own expectations to tailor itself to work better.
Half of why Kitsune tend to be known as manipulative is they like seeing what does what. They need to guess what does what with their illusions. They can't tell what the person actually perceives until they're a fourtail. So they base the illusions off how people act and their experiences with the people specifically or people in general. Which is usually close enough to function.

Kiri would for example have a hard time with Rip, as Rip doesn't think like a person. So he'd need a lotta trial and error before he actually got down what results in the desired effect. And odds are is Rip would not be interested in waiting for Kiri to figure out how to make him sensoryblind~

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ripols is still female :P

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rip has a nonstandard gender!

Mrah!

Fiiine~

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile

So how is everyone doing today? Also does anyone want to convert to the Tentacleharem?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ripols is literally a humaniod squid with tentacles.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 534