Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Lexicon: Unconventional Weapons  (Read 31190 times)

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lexicon
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2015, 05:03:34 pm »

recharge summon
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2015, 08:44:35 pm »

Everything about that interaction was awesome.

Is there any way for a player to discard their words in exchange for new ones?  In a non-murdery way, I mean.

In any case, +1 Memory, +1 Pool, Incomprehensible Senses Mindfuck Domination Self.  Action to come in a bit

Head up to the fourth floor and "Window" over the void.  Also recharge "Target" and "Explosive" if I got that second pool point.

(We'll assume 2 points for now)
Shake the shock off, then say 'Gun' Twice, if either of them succeed, unload them on Thrakor!
Forget that, Say 'Knife (2)', wether or not it's summoned, rush at Thrakor at take him down in any way possible!
Thrakor runs up to the fourth story and over to the side. He speaks his spell and a nice, 4 panel window materializes in mid air and then plunges 4 stories down and smashes itself on the arena floor. Hm.  He recharges two words as well.

In the mean time, Squee summons himself a fairly dull butcher's knife and charges upstairs to Confront Thrakor. He swings his knife at Thrakor's throat, but thrakor just steps to the side and raises an eyebrow.

"Self Evolving (2) Dragon (2)", then see if I have a breath weapon by testing it on a wall.
[3+1]
Beirus transforms into something not unlike a salamander that is about the size of a man. It is eyeless and pale, something primordial and ancient dredged up from a sunless cave somewhere. It breaths a haze of purple gas out and the stuff coats the wall in purplish liquid.

recharge summon
You recharge your word.

Keep cowering and watching out for everyone else. Wait for my pool to recharge.
You continue to cower, despite being pretty well armored and armed.

Map
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0cwgpk3rrm4cl4/mage%20duel%201.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ch3pkuojg6bo45x/mage%20duel%202.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mw9zi4hivgr53yl/mage%20duel%203.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lu4bqp3ygqjkmvj/mage%20duel%204.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aumeyvco351p19x/mage%20duel%205.png?dl=0

Stats
https://www.dropbox.com/s/83qdy7b0hxsh4li/Lexicon.odt?dl=0

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2015, 08:50:51 pm »

"Summon (3) Arrow"
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2015, 09:08:33 pm »

"Really, man?"

Look him square in the eye and Mindfuck(2).  Then push him over the edge when he freaks out.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:11:54 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2015, 09:28:59 pm »

Whee!
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2015, 09:30:52 pm »

Wait, how do I perceive my surroundings now?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2015, 09:42:00 pm »

Wait, how do I perceive my surroundings now?
Poorly

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2015, 12:48:18 am »

"YES REALLY!"
Chop chop chop time to kill!
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2015, 05:26:16 pm »

"Summon (3) Arrow"
You summon up about two dozen giant, solid metal arrows. They're literally more like lances then arrows; if you have the strength to use these things they're gonna pin guys to walls from half a mile.

Spend one pool point into Strength and another into speed. Run up the stairs and grab the first person I see. Stab/beat/do whatever them to death. If there are multiple, hurl the first person I can grab into another. Try to take out at least two before sprinting away. Like a coward!
Larry's exoskeleton crackles with purplish discharge and expands as the muscles beneath it swell. Steam pours through the mouth of the suit and drifts from the shoulders, the body hot with magical energy. He turns and sprints, a blur of steam and carapcace, towards the east wall. He leaps from the first story to the second, catching the ledge with one hand and yanking himself up with one easy motion.  Svante is the closest person, so he charges him. His hand closes around the wooden grip of the steak knife with enough force to crush it, and he swings a cutting blow straight at Svante's chest. Svante raises his bow in a defensive reaction and the blade slices straight through the mid-section of the bow, splitting it in two and carving a shallow gash across Svante's chest. The blade snaps and goes sailing off, leaving Larry with nothing but the handle that bursts into magical fragments and vanishes. He roars an incoherent cry and swings an uppercut toward Svante's chin. Svante staggers back, an ineffectual dodge, but Larry's blow falters as well, his massive strength only fractionally used; it catches Svante in the chin and knocks him back on his ass, but probably won't do more then leave a bruise.

Larry groans in annoyance as his magically imbued strength and speed dissipate.

If I can perceive Thrakor, point at him and use "Target Pointing Explode(3)". If not, "Summon Pokemon (3) Ally"

Well you can't perceive much of anything right now, so you instead burble out a different spell.

Only you don't. Because you only have 2 pool right now ya dingus.  You used 5 up last turn, leaving you with 1. That 1 charged to two, and will charge to 4 at the end of this turn.

Instead, all you actually do this turn is...well...you grow some not very good eyes.

"YES REALLY!"
Chop chop chop time to kill!
"Really, man?"

Look him square in the eye and Mindfuck(2).  Then push him over the edge when he freaks out.
Thrakor shouts a word at Squee and Squee staggers, clutching his head with one hand and swinging his knife wildly with the other.

"Where are you?! Whats with all these pink elephants?! YOU SON OF A BITCH! I'LL CUT YOU GOOD!"

Thrakor moves to shove the disoriented Squee off the cliff, but one of Squee's random flails catches him in the hand, carving a shallow but painful gash across his palm. He yelps and jumps back.

"I GOT YOU! I GOT YOU! AND WHEN THESE SNAKES STOP DANCING IN MY EYES, I'M GONNA GUT YA!"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2015, 05:32:28 pm »

... a new piecewise perplexicon- AHHH!!!! Is making character.

Strength:0
Endurance:1
Speed:0
Dexterity:1
Will:0
Awareness:0
Memory: 1
Potency: 3
Pool: 9

Spoiler: Words (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 05:40:01 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2015, 05:40:40 pm »

I am on the waitlist, yes?
Asking because the last two turns lacked a waitlist.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2015, 06:04:46 pm »

"...well this is awkward..."

Stuff n' things
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2015, 01:29:44 am »

"TIME TO ADDRESS THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM.
NOT THE PINK ONES THE FACT THAT YOU AREN'T DEAD YET."

AHHHH KILL KILL KILL.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2015, 02:17:36 am »

I'mma just chill over here and grow and stuff. How's my eyes working out? Do I need dragon glasses?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2015, 03:47:39 am »

I'mma just chill over here and grow and stuff. How's my eyes working out? Do I need dragon glasses?

That might just make you the weak dragon, as there's no selection pressure..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22