Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34

Author Topic: Wayward Paths - The Adventure Begins! (1st adventure now over)  (Read 25893 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

(Signups thread is here. If you want to join, post a character there.)

What is this? One minute, you were going about your business, and now, suddenly you are... here? Some kind of cylinder with milky-white walls, lit a bit too brightly, with just enough room for you to move around a little, it seems.

You hear a voice, somewhat muted, as if through a wall. "...we've got a Bear. In overalls. A newt. Hmm, a Nang Tien, looks like. Some sort of cat-boy. And a bunch of other humanoids... ah, there we are!"

The walls around you melt to reveal a crisp, rectangular white room, with several other entities in similarly melting tubes, and a man in front of what you can only presume to be controls of some kind. He puts something away in the duffel bag slung across his shoulder. "Hey there! This is a rescue."
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 02:54:12 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Wayward Paths - The Adventure Begins!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 07:32:54 pm »

"Wat."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:38:03 pm by Kevak »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 07:33:28 pm »

"Hey, thanks! That place was way too bright. Say, how did you know I was stuck here?"
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 07:42:26 pm »

The man taps the control panel. "Says all the units were occupied. Thought I'd fix that. Hold on a sec." The man begins rummaging in his duffel bag. "While we wait for the others to snap out of stasis, what's the last thing you remember? Where is it..."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 07:51:05 pm »

"Umm, let's see..."
The ball of light floats in place for a few moments, seemingly considering the question.
"I was helping my friend Lien Ket on his important quest. We were leaving the Den Toi when I suddenly... appeared here. I don't know how... It's very strange."
Black lives matter.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 07:51:50 pm »

The strongman stumbles out of his now melted pod eyes darting around at the, some would say, alien architecture. Gazing around he spots impossible creatures, a bear standing upright? Some humanoid lizard? A child, no a cat-child? A fluttering pixie? Well at least there are other humans there. Twirling his mustache whilst twirling around himself he finally speaks, albeit in a thick foreign accent, "Ah This must a be one of those dreams where you remember everything. Where else would a bear have overalls!" The bulky man lets out a hardy laugh as he says this.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:37:20 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 07:54:11 pm »

"Was sunbathing. Also it's quiet. Why is it quiet?"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:37:53 pm by Kevak »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 08:00:39 pm »

"Because we're floating in a void. Might have something to do with the dampening field, too. Hmm, machine-woven fabric, rules that out... where're you from? WAIT!" He points at the strongman with his non-rummaging hand, then starts snapping his fingers. "That accent, but that age group... Weimar Republic, possibly after. Anyway, back you... cat... boy... person."

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 08:08:55 pm »

This is sure a dream, after all what in the hell was that man talking about? Dampening field? Machine-woven fabric? Utter nonsense.
"Seems you know me already, where are you from dream man?" Axel continues to gawk in awe at their surroundings.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 10:37:59 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 08:25:53 pm »

"Machine woven fabric is many millennia old tech."

"Define Void."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 03:38:21 pm by Kevak »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 08:28:07 pm »

"... I am No. Hello there, man I might need to kill. As to the last thing I remember... wait, wasn't I ripped in half by a troll? How am I possibly still alive?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 09:07:01 pm »

"First off, I dunno, but killing me's a poor way to thank me for saving you. Second," he looks at the cat-boy, "a vacuum. A nigh-perfect one Not an atom outside for miles. But that means regular space, posers couldn't even park in a between-space. Where am I from? I'll fill you in later. If I can find the thing before they get here. Got names?"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 09:09:23 pm »

The lizard took a quick glance at his current whereabouts and quickly concluded that it had been a bad decision investing in illegal shades of red.

Sheotl spoke in a raspy voice, recalling his last memory. "A small dark room; juvenile remains splattered on the walls. Gem playing cards. Cats on the instru-" Sheotl made a glance at the cat-creature, thinking if he had anything to do with this turn of events. "Anyway, that doesn't matter right now. We need to escape."

Sheotl checked his person, making sure his belongings where still on him. Missing a few valuables, but his tools where still on him. Good. All good.

"Sheotl, ex-daemon-hunter, spirit-caller, librarian, researcher, stock broker and now prisoner. pleased to make your acquaintance." He made a sweeping bow to his new companions."

"... I am No. Hello there, man I might need to kill. As to the last thing I remember... wait, wasn't I ripped in half by a troll? How am I possibly still alive?"
Sheotl shrugged. "The gods have other plans perhaps. Or maybe some kind of science is at work; I'd love to learn a bit more but alas, it would be quite painful without anesthetics."
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 09:11:43 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 09:12:19 pm »

"I'm Fune!" Fune says to the man.
"I think, since you knew what species I was, you know our special talent already?"
Black lives matter.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 09:22:05 pm »

"Yes. Though I bet I know more than you. Where is it? I know I packed it..."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34