Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Polls

Are
Dumb

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45

Author Topic: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn!  (Read 56462 times)

nate.219

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn!
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2015, 02:50:13 am »

So its come to my attention that there are no crundles in arena mode... Am I missing something or should all crundle gladiators be changed to gremlins?
I mean, crundles and gremlins are pretty similar in stats, and it would be far easier than modding raws.

But I'm a tad biased because I would prefer to be a gremlin than a crundle :P
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 03:23:24 am by nate.219 »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2015, 02:52:56 am »

So its come to my attention that there are no crundles in arena mode... Am I missing something or should all crundle gladiators be changed to gremlins?

You can remove [ARENA_RESTRICTED] from crundles to get them better

Dibuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2015, 03:09:09 am »

I've rid the Minotaur's of their natural skill, after-all it would clearly be better objectively to play a minotaur.

I'll have to redo my skill-less minotaur (Asbjorn) in that case. brb

This is the same mino on the front page, I'll update that one also. Just telling so it wont end up being two Asbjorns

-Asbjorn The Elf-Eater-
Minotaur - 140p

Adequate Hammer 18p
Adequate Shield 12p

Silver Warhammer - 26p
Oak Shield - 45p
Copper high boots - 12,5p
Copper gauntles - 10p
Copper helm - 15p
Points left: 1,5p
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 03:20:06 am by Dibuk »

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2015, 05:38:54 am »

And here I thought I was weird for starting to draw fanart of my lil dude before the game even began. Far from finished but now I want to show off the prelim sketch. http://i.imgur.com/vXRh6dI.png

Granted, he doesn't have any armor, but I figured drawing him with clothes wouldn't hurt anything. 'Cause a pig tail hood protects from so much.  :P

And while I know Toady's kobolds aren't depicted as 'standard' kobolds, I've been in a species designing mood lately and they -do- lay eggs, so whatever, tiny lizard man gonna try and stab you in the face. Hopefully.

Oh! I would like to ah, go ahead and say that Varick's default choices for arena are going to be Klassic and Peaceful Meadows, since the front says we're supposed to agree on an arena. I figured since I have weird hours it might be a good idea to go ahead and just say "Hey I want these if my opponent doesn't, randomize the arena" so you don't have to wait for me to show up and say that. :P
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:41:34 am by variablenonsense »
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2015, 05:43:23 am »

And here I thought I was weird for starting to draw fanart of my lil dude before the game even began. Far from finished but now I want to show off the prelim sketch. http://i.imgur.com/vXRh6dI.png

Granted, he doesn't have any armor, but I figured drawing him with clothes wouldn't hurt anything. 'Cause a pig tail hood protects from so much.  :P

And while I know Toady's kobolds aren't depicted as 'standard' kobolds, I've been in a species designing mood lately and they -do- lay eggs, so whatever, tiny lizard man gonna try and stab you in the face. Hopefully.

Oh! I would like to ah, go ahead and say that Varick's default choices for arena are going to be Klassic and Peaceful Meadows, since the front says we're supposed to agree on an arena. I figured since I have weird hours it might be a good idea to go ahead and just say "Hey I want these if my opponent doesn't, randomize the arena" so you don't have to wait for me to show up and say that. :P

Holy SHit thats a Nice Kobold! I really like the species variation, makes it seem more combat like then all the cute kobolds people draw :P!

Also my gladiator Steapa's preferences are Burning Castle and Vertigo
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:58:48 am by foxtrot »

Ambrosia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2015, 07:32:38 am »

I'm wondering if you'd be alright with a Bat Man submission? I figure that he'd just have the same point limit as a serpent man. Would that be fine? :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2015, 08:27:27 am »

Well, whatever you decide to do with gladiators 17-32, I'm throwing my hat in the ring. Presenting...

Myrma the Defi-ant
Soldier Ant Woman (250 pts)
Equipment:
- Oaken Shield x 2 (90 pts)
- Silver Buckler x 2 (60 pts)
Skills:
- Skilled Shield User (40 pts)
- Skilled Misc. Object User (30 pts)
- Competent Dodger (30 pts)
Points left: 0 pts

A little silly, I know. But I'm hoping she'll be a crowd-pleaser.

I was wondering when we would get a shield basher, and one with four of 'em no less. Welcome aboard!

I'm wondering if you'd be alright with a Bat Man submission? I figure that he'd just have the same point limit as a serpent man. Would that be fine? :P

There is one thing I'm iffy on, flight, I'm not entirely sure how it will affect fights with grounded foes. So I'd like to test it out a couple times and get back to you.

EDIT: Alright, so I have half a mind to allow flight. Though you do have quite an advantage on both Vertigo and Water Hazard, I may give you a tinge less points that serpent men, whcih I might have done already due to bat men being 20,000 Urists larger than serpent men.

By the way I don't follow sports a lot. How does qualifiers work usually ?

Good question, I've only thought of one way to make it work, and I'm sure there are better solutions. Say that we have 16 spots but 22 gladiators. The qualifying round could be a simple one on one duel of 11 matches, those who win get spots in the tournament. The 11 who lose those matches go on to fight with a second chance in a series of 4 one on ones, and a single three man brawl. The winners of which fill the rest of the spots making sixteen gladiators.

Alright, so quick other thing, I'd like to stream these matches and commentate on twitch, and use the forums to post a gif, combat log, and all that other good stuff afterwards for those who've missed the stream. Just a little thought though.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 08:57:09 am by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2015, 09:09:05 am »

I would definitely weigh in that flight would give a pretty big advantage on those maps. There's no way for a grounded combatant to counter that advantage, either. I'd say they should definitely get less points, because while yeah snakemen have venom they actually have to bite to get it, whereas the batman would just have a flat not-falling-to-their-death buff.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

alphawolf29

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2015, 10:34:00 am »

Being able to fly is a huge advantage, as they NPC can and will fly away when he suffers a lot of damage. I think Batmen should be very expensive :S

alphawolf29

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2015, 10:34:32 am »

Being able to fly is a huge advantage, as they NPC can and will fly away when he suffers a lot of damage. I think Batmen should be very expensive, he could hypothetically win a fight without ever having fought anyone

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2015, 10:35:13 am »

I'm either going to have to say no to flying or reduce the points you get for having it. I'm leaning on no flying.

Oh and here is a little test gif for stuffs. I should probably slow it down some more, seems like it still moves a bit too quickly.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:40:48 am by Unraveller »

angrykitteh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2015, 10:49:42 am »

Registered to participate! Hope its not too late!

Mon-tha-mau
Yeti, M

100 pts to spend

[Items]
Silver maul - 32

[Skills]
Skilled hammer - 60
Novice biter - 4
Novice fighter - 3

1 point left

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2015, 10:56:45 am »

Nope, not late! All though, I will have to cut off registration at some point. Any thoughts? We are currently at 20 gladiators.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 10:58:59 am by Unraveller »

angrykitteh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2015, 11:05:10 am »

Nope, not late! All though, I will have to cut off registration at some point. Any thoughts?

Ahh! Great!
Id say when 32 participants are gathered or when time limit is reached. How about 24/48 hours from topic start? Or when you feel unresistable urge to grind some poor fellows!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2015, 11:09:16 am »

Well, I would prefer less than 32, as I'd like to not make this drag on for too long, there can always be another tournament, in fact, I'm planning on doing it monthly. Could be fun, and as of six minutes ago it has been 24 hours since this topic has been posted. Would everyone think that now would be a good time to lock up registration and get on with the qualifying round?

Or do you suppose there is something to be had in waiting for 32 participants? My feelings for such are that it would make it less intimate.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45