Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Cult Mafia 2 - Game Over! Cult victory!  (Read 34784 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Day 4: Tourist Trap [7/9]
« Reply #270 on: June 05, 2015, 12:54:09 pm »

[...]unless Tiruin is gambiting/bussing the Cult Leader, which is a big risk to take, IMO...
Err, quickpost here.
...I honestly do not understand this possibility.

Spoiler: Why am I posting this? (click to show/hide)
It's a possibility because, if you are lying, you are a cultist. If GeMe is cult leader, you would be bussing/gambiting. I'm simply trying to take every possibility into account.

Also, I want to see DA's take on my above post...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 05, 2015, 02:46:04 pm »

Tiruin:
First of all, this:
Everyone, night 1 I blocked Generally, night 2 I blocked OSG and night 3 I blocked Tiruin. Since Tiruin's trying to push suspicion onto GM, I'd be inclined to think he's town, or at least not the cult leader. Since one of my blocks must have worked, that means that OSG is either town or the cult leader (or could be a cultist if Tiruin's the leader), and Tiruin's either a cultist or the leader. Tiruin
...So you're actually the cult leader who is fakeclaiming today, and pretty much lying about what he's saying to advocate a lynch?
This is interesting.
What's especially interesting is that nothing in what you quoted supports the claim you just made. Which part exactly am I meant to be lying about?

Then,
Everyone, night 1 I blocked Generally, night 2 I blocked OSG and night 3 I blocked Tiruin. Since Tiruin's trying to push suspicion onto GM, I'd be inclined to think he's town, or at least not the cult leader. Since one of my blocks must have worked, that means that OSG is either town or the cult leader (or could be a cultist if Tiruin's the leader), and Tiruin's either a cultist or the leader. Tiruin
...And to humor you and any assumption henceforth: Given your role of logic here, I'll counter it--given all you can glean from Tiruin in this game, why would she risk herself as a fakeclaim in this instance?
Why are you referring to yourself in the third person?

Why would you create the speculation that there's an either/or, pertaining to the orange portion? That would give the assumption that I'm willing to risk myself--if a leader--in the workings of a mislynch today. (Cultist = free pawn = 4v3 scenario [Which you vote for me]. Which is very weird explaining my contradiction to your either/or.)
I've presented both possibilities because there are multiple possibilities. As far as I can see, you being the leader is the more likely, but why would I try to present it as though you're guaranteed to be the leader when that's simply not so?

Let's pull your logic:
N1/N2 = Nope.
N3 = Hit Cultist leader, or possibly Tiruin who was cult'd in the last 2 nights, but counting that--then your leader would be one of the N1/N2, presuming the cult...cult'd everyday after.
I've covered this, yes.

But in this scenario, its STILL a seven man game :D
It is still a seven person game.

It's more interesting that you can draw a conjunctive between OSG and Me, and yet use the notion of Leader and Cultist MAINLY on me (with lacking context as to why. Same goes for your first two other 'jails'). Your 'therefore' broaches only the superficial, and then some.

It's expressively interesting that your first note against me did not include any direct mention of me fakeclaiming. But "in between the words unmentioned," there's that label instead, to draw attention.

Because seriously:
"that means that"
Is this 'all' the meaning present? Or the 'most obvious [to me]' meaning?
Why are you so intent on twisting what I say? It means that, it follows, ergo... I took a logical step from the knowledge available to me and included the possibilities I could think of. If you can think of another possibility, I'd be happy to hear it rather than you complaining that I'm not showing every possibility and still doing nothing to rectify that.

Since Tiruin's trying to push suspicion onto GM, I'd be inclined to think he's town, or at least not the cult leader.
Also, She. :v

Why is it an either/or case for you, DA? Is this so called jailer being ambivalent at this time?
Because there are multiple possibilities present? Finding the leader is the important issue at the minute, so the issue of GM being either town or a convert isn't a pressing issue.

You claimed that you took no action on Night 1 as part of your jailer fake claim. I have no reason to believe it, and no reason to believe you couldn't pre-emptively send in a conversion target in case of being busy.
And you've no reason to even ask about it either. Just assuming. :v
But SOMEHOW all these assumptions end up in a one-sided conclusion, so the logic is left inbetween all your lines there.
And you still haven't said anything to contradict that pretty reasonable assumption. Are you waiting on a formal invitation?

tl;dr: DA, if you're seriously the jailor, your 'introduction post' lacks a ton of point to it. It's vague fishing.
I presented what I knew, which isn't actually a lot given that I wasn't told when my blocks were successful.

Since Tiruin's trying to push suspicion onto GM, I'd be inclined to think he's town, or at least not the cult leader.
Also, She. :v
Oops, misread this (and was confused on the wording in the first place).
Query ahead though--why do you think I'm "pushing suspicion onto GM"?
On what basis does your inclination stand on?
It's like subtly saying 'Oh I believe this person is innocent, and she thinks so too, but she's working on it and I'll call her out'.
Because I'm literally noting 'pushing suspicion' instead of 'advocating a lynch' (or any other degree of forwardness) when in all days prior--there is no valid basis, assumed 'jailer' or otherwise, in making someone stand up above the other.

That's what I mean by your lacking context, DA.
You're fakeclaiming jailer and saying that you blocked GM both days that you took action. That would count as pushing suspicion on him in my book.

Peradon
I do not understand this reasoning. I get why you would say GeMe is town, but you claim that OSG can only be cult if Tiruin is cult leader. Why?
I just realised as I was typing my answer to this that I'm actually wrong. OSG can be a convert without Tiruin being the leader if I blocked a conversion on GM during Night 1. Whoops.

Is the post you want my opinion on the one that Tiruin quoted?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 05, 2015, 10:52:29 pm »

@DA: I'm working on the 'unspoken rules' of realization. :P

It's like this:
Everything mentioned above...is substantial, and reasonable, but it brings...a general point.

On the premise of the jailer, an extremely subtle note (in this...botched format -.-) is how I realized the content of my role and its ambiguity even in situations like this.

First of all, this:
I was attempting to provoke your note on you claiming as a jailer--I have also outlined the logic following it; for posterity, DA, in games such as these (non-vanilla; cult oriented), the problem is of a MUCH HIGHER DEGREE, so in my expectations (at least), any PR especially with the responsibility of the Jailer, should be EXTREMELY thorough due to the power they wield, and -especially- due to the ambiguity of that power as it cannot be used as a distinct and concrete grounds of validity in claiming (or implying innocence)

I was attempting social pressure, in other words, given my directness poking at your fakeclaim.

I've presented both possibilities because there are multiple possibilities. As far as I can see, you being the leader is the more likely, but why would I try to present it as though you're guaranteed to be the leader when that's simply not so?
I realize this :P
But I worded it back to ask you for clarity, with the mix of assertiveness too.
You make either/or for leader and cultist--and yes, I see the reasonability here when one thinks about it--but the problem is that you made it written AS a conjunction and including your vote later on.
While I still get that this could be a placeholder on grounds of suspicion (...you could just like, ask, why I'm poking G.Me if you find my 'suspicion' on him so telling), how you go about with your point is...honestly blunt.
You had a good point in that quote. It was blunt, to me.
Because this didn't provoke any emotional reaction on my side at all.
The wording didn't help, because of the mismatch of logic (since I take things literally a lot >.>).

I've covered this, yes.
Why are you so intent on twisting what I say? It means that, it follows, ergo... I took a logical step from the knowledge available to me and included the possibilities I could think of. If you can think of another possibility, I'd be happy to hear it rather than you complaining that I'm not showing every possibility and still doing nothing to rectify that.
Yes you have. And I'm not twisting your words, I'm putting detail to it which shows the holes. (also I think you broke my quote a bit there) :)
> You haven't covered how it gets there, in specifics, to single out one OVER the rest.
It's still a case of 'any of these could be my target, but I choose to pick this one to vote'.

I cannot rectify that because it is your responsibility to provide the backing for your point--I can show my opinion of it, and you can respond on it. It still seems unclear as of now.

Because there are multiple possibilities present? Finding the leader is the important issue at the minute, so the issue of GM being either town or a convert isn't a pressing issue.
But how can you be certain about this?
The 'so' part is pretty much the Point B to your unspoken Point A.

If you're sure about one's innocence, DEFEND THEM. Unlike a regular game, defending someone here, while there is the context of 'I was town but now I'm cult' is pretty much OK. Because the main problem is primarily and exclusively the cult leader. I will detail this below after I poke at one last thing here.
And you still haven't said anything to contradict that pretty reasonable assumption. Are you waiting on a formal invitation?
Because it is pretty reasonable ^ ^
But it is not conclusive, and I do understand the plausability of it. Me just contradicting it...either doesn't make sense (and provokes unwarranted suspicion...due to not making sense in the first place), or me being defensive on a technical point under ambiguous grounds.
I mean really--I don't expect people to expect that despite my inactivity, there is always the notion that one could just PM in advance the note of action if they're not available.

Query to you: How did you get that idea in the first place?

I presented what I knew, which isn't actually a lot given that I wasn't told when my blocks were successful.
If you were the real jailor, you would've known this by the exact mention within your role, good sir. :))

You're fakeclaiming jailer and saying that you blocked GM both days that you took action. That would count as pushing suspicion on him in my book.
And?
One can easily 'fakeclaim' because of the exact notice that one cannot direct prove their actions--this is the burden of the Jailer here.
The only proof which backs them up, is the awareness of the general situation. But that is STILL very unspecified because it relies on the whole game still not ending, and the Jailer to only work on what they did.
Now, pushing suspicion--do you realize that you could've made an extremely better point here?
You have a good point that it may occur as pushing suspicion, if you were the jailer.

So let me ask a pertinent question to you: Why did you leave your accusing post vague?

If you're town--back off and be honest. You're only drawing more attention to yourself and making me rectify my ideals that you may be the leader, or probably a cultist who was town D1. If I am the leader--prove it by due suspicion and not due to extraneous variables (ie She wasn't questioned earlier! [This doesn't make sense as its originally an 8v1 game...like, really. Player intent in regard, nobody has any reason to leave someone else unquestioned.] or... 'They're fakeclaiming!' [When there is no exact basis to actually specify and rule out someone as fakeclaiming. Like ever.)

Hypothetically, you could ask yourself why I haven't voted you. You haven't asked--despite voting me--why I am primarily keeping my vote on G.Me, however somehow you aren't questioning BOTH OSG and G.Me, your "other jailed targets".
You even had the mention of OSG fakeclaim as jailer, or as far as I hope you've checked your reads.
...And made nothing from that note.

Leaving the unspoken 'why' of 'Why aren't you working on them?'

Mee
Tiruin what were the consequences for my vote?
May I ask you to answer for yourself?
You could mention you are uncertain, in all honesty.
But I would like to know why you answer in brevity, and whether or not you've noticed the -full- implications and consequences of your actions, and how it affects others' perceptions of you.
Are you feeling anxious or nervous? Could I ask why, too?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 11:10:15 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 05, 2015, 11:11:05 pm »

« Last Edit: Today at 11:10:15 pm by Tiruin »
>_>
I changed the 'icon' to the left of the title name [to a wink]. Somehow that counts as editing my post...

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 05, 2015, 11:15:21 pm »

NO EDAT IN MAFYA

I saw the pre-edit post, don't worry.  You're fine.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 05, 2015, 11:42:48 pm »

Tsk tsk tsk tsk....

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 05, 2015, 11:45:18 pm »

Tsk tsk tsk tsk....
I didn't notice the icon can be changed when making a post. :I
Also you've got stuff to answer above.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 06, 2015, 12:26:16 am »

Is the post you want my opinion on the one that Tiruin quoted?
Good lord, content explosion. Finally.

Now, we have a Jailor gambit by OSG, a counter-claim by DA, and a counter-counter-claim by Tiruin. Interesting.

I cant find Tiruin's claims on who was blocked. So, Tiruin, who did you block, and what nights?

Also, Extend

Spoiler: OOC stuff (click to show/hide)
* Tiruin boops yer face with a pillow :O
This is content-nyancat. Click me!

And I would initially just have claimed today, but then timezones and net issues = No u can only post latur. :I
[Also day ends in...3 days from now. I moved for extension due to the...intricate level of detail we're having today. Yeah its game-based]
:/, didnt see that.

Ok, so both you and DA claimed they blocked GeMe. Interesting. So, if you are the jailor, GeMe is most probably cult leader. If DA is jailor... things get muddled, and this line of thought doesnt work anymore. Hrm. Well....

I do not understand this reasoning. I get why you would say GeMe is town, but you claim that OSG can only be cult if Tiruin is cult leader. Why?

Right now, I'm inclined to believe Tiruin, which means my vote stays on GeMe. But if Tiruin is lying, that leaves us with either OSG or Tiruin as Leader, and I dont think the leader would risk fakeclaiming jailor. GeMe is out, unless Tiruin is gambiting/bussing the Cult Leader, which is a big risk to take, IMO...
That is the post I wanted to see what you think of.

Tsk tsk tsk tsk....
In your post? I dont see it.....

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 06, 2015, 01:03:40 am »

Tsk tsk tsk tsk....
In your post? I dont see it.....
I should've specified DA's post. Oops!

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 06, 2015, 09:54:17 am »

Tiruin I'm not feeling nervous I'm just curious at what the consequences of my vote was. If I had to say i can't see any consequences. because literally no one but me and you voted so if people really thought I was suspicious they could have easily just voted for me.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 06, 2015, 09:55:31 am »

I have to defend Generally me here. Everybody who didn't vote (including me) should be at more fault than him for tying.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 06, 2015, 03:51:22 pm »

Note: I'm currently waiting on some medical stuff that's making it somewhat difficult for me to concentrate on the game at the moment. I'll get back to you tomorrow.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 06, 2015, 08:11:18 pm »

Note: I'm currently waiting on some medical stuff that's making it somewhat difficult for me to concentrate on the game at the moment. I'll get back to you tomorrow.
Take care DA :c
Get well soon :)

I have to defend Generally me here. Everybody who didn't vote (including me) should be at more fault than him for tying.
...Trying how?
This is more a hypothetical than a literal accusation, because if this is the case--then Me is new :P
But this does not exclude him from lacking and seemingly being picky with the questions and answers.
He has thus far answered part of my questions.

Tiruin I'm not feeling nervous I'm just curious at what the consequences of my vote was. If I had to say i can't see any consequences. because literally no one but me and you voted so if people really thought I was suspicious they could have easily just voted for me.
You tied the day lynch.

Now this would be something to discuss--it is however something nobody else discusses at all in the current time. Nobody looked back and poked at the votes of yesterday, poking at either me or you.
Now the thing with you is that...you're not being proactive. My queries on your procrastination and being updated in the thread--which someone who has procrastinated would actually entertain and mention--have not been answered.
My questions regarding your attitude, however, have been entertained.

So what are you aiming to answer? Pertinence to thread, or self-defense?

But let's build this up: You can't 'see any consequences' in what light?
The obvious consequence was that the day ended in no lynch. That's pretty much a consequence, aye?
And the next orange portion isn't the primary focus of the topic; what people are doing is.

I would ask you to please look back and fully respond to my posts asking you things.
Why are there big gaps in the process of communication here? If your words were taken literally, there would be a more complete and holistic answer...instead of responding to just one question out of the set presented.

Tiruin I don't really have a reason for voting last minute other than I'm a skilled procrastinator and it's incredibly difficult to decide. But last day it was because I found the Roo vote suspicious

Did ya keep updated with the thread through your activities there? :O

Second: Were you fully aware of the consequences of your vote?
Tiruin what were the consequences for my vote?
What also bothers me is the wording. "Really have" comes off as unneeded extra detail.
By my first question--it also encompasses the idea that 'what was your basis of comparison on suspicion? Did you have a basis of comparison? And what would that be? What's the logic behind your vote? How would it apply when you posted compared to everyone else?'

Also I read through that wiki page and that is confusing as hell. I'm just not going to over think things at all from now on.
And is this pertinent at all with all actions you did after this, both in analyzing what others do and following your wincondition?
(Also I've checked back on what I remembered was a day-end shift prior to D3. I think I'm misremembering, because I found nothing. Oops)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 06, 2015, 08:14:13 pm »

...Trying how?
Not trying. Tying. As in: Making the lynch a tie.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 07, 2015, 02:51:52 pm »

Votecount:
- Peradon - (0)
- Teneb - (0)
- roo - (0)
- origamiscienceguy - (0)
- Generally me - Peradon (1)
- Deus Asmoth - (0)
- Tiruin - Deus Asmoth (1)
No Lynch - (0)

Extend: Tiruin (1/3)

Not voting: roo, origamiscienceguy, Teneb, Generally me, Tiruin

Day 4 ends at 4:40 PM PST June 8th, about 28 hours from now.  It may be a good idea to vote by that time.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22