Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Cult Mafia 2 - Game Over! Cult victory!  (Read 34836 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Day 1: The Investigation Begins [9/9]
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2015, 03:11:10 am »

Quickpost! (And PFP)
But then something bopped my side. TDS: Counterquery.
Now I've no idea how I can seek out the jailor if I'm a regular townie--what context supports your question which gives me that indication of that guess? It is a seemingly pointed question here.

In the scenario, you'd have guessed that someone was a jailor based on their posts. Of course it wouldn't be certain, but you could get an idea about who the jailor is.

...So may I ask some indications in your overview there?
...I'm drawing blanks on how one may apply foresight to 'I guess this dude may be the jailor'.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2015, 11:51:54 am »

Generally, for your first post, why ask if no-lynching is an option if you see no advantage in actually going through with it? For your second, what was your reasoning behind the question then?
My reasoning was that when voting you are more likely to kill friendly players than the cultist. But I thought about it and all it does is give the cultist an opportunity to convert people. So I now agree with you. Still don't know who to vote for though.

It was because I was trying to think up random questions. I didn't really think it through.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2015, 12:09:12 pm »

unvote

Generally, for your first post, why ask if no-lynching is an option if you see no advantage in actually going through with it? For your second, what was your reasoning behind the question then?
My reasoning was that when voting you are more likely to kill friendly players than the cultist. But I thought about it and all it does is give the cultist an opportunity to convert people. So I now agree with you. Still don't know who to vote for though.
If you were the cultist, how would you play D1 or any other day in which you are alone and thus have no backup? Do you see anyone acting in a similar way to that?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2015, 03:12:31 pm »

Votecount:
- Peradon - zombie urist, TheDarkStar  (2)
- Teneb - (0)
- TheDarkStar - Tiruin (1)
- roo - (0)
- origamiscienceguy - Peradon (1)
- Generally me - (0)
- Deus Asmoth - (0)
- Tiruin - (0)
- zombie urist - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: Deus Asmoth, origamiscienceguy, Generally me, roo, Teneb

Day ends at 2:40 PM PST May 20th, just about 25 and a half hours from now
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2015, 03:30:43 pm »

unvote

If you were the cultist, how would you play D1 or any other day in which you are alone and thus have no backup? Do you see anyone acting in a similar way to that?
Probably just try to get through day 1 so I could convert people. So just basically doing everything I can not to be blamed. But everyone is trying to not be blamed so...

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2015, 04:02:56 pm »

Nonvoters need to vote.  >:( Preferably for Peradon so we can win this game on the first day.  :P

Peradon: You've totally lost me. So OSG voting you for your random vote means he's 1. cultist trying to pin something on you 2. town for thinking your rvs vote is scummy or 3. doing a gambit.

I honestly can't see why OSG asking you to explain your random vote is scummy. Additionally it would be very difficult for scum to get away with trying to lynch you solely based off your random vote.

Generally Me Why are you being so passive? Who do you think is scummiest and why?

That is so weak sauce TDS. The vote. The analysis meh. But think about it. Voting one of the two guys that have been talking? Seems fairly easy. Taking the conceptual low road so to speak.
It seemed like inquiry was warranted. A pressure vote seemed excessive. That might just be me tho. Like zombie voting osg and then unvoting immidiately when he answered. That it was "satisfactory," lol.
Yeah it seemed unecessary to vote is all I'm saying when you are probably gonna unvote.
iirc osg, peradon, GM, tiruin, zombie, tds. have posted since the last time everyone had talked.
who is left teneb and someone else excluding me.
What are you getting at in this post?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2015, 05:38:30 pm »

Peradon: You've totally lost me. So OSG voting you for your random vote means he's 1. cultist trying to pin something on you 2. town for thinking your rvs vote is scummy or 3. doing a gambit.
Basically, yes. Though OSG said he wasnt gambiting, so that takes that out. I also find it unlikely OSG would think an RVS vote scummy, because that makes absolutely no sense. That leaves only him being cult. Thus, I find him scum by process of elimination.

I honestly can't see why OSG asking you to explain your random vote is scummy.
I dont think he was asking to explain it. He said himself it was a semi-serious vote, which implies that he thought it was scummy.

Additionally it would be very difficult for scum to get away with trying to lynch you solely based off your random vote.
Yes, I know, and this has been troubling me. I think, though, that he was going to start to build a case on me, and set me up for a mislynch. That is obviously pure conjecture though.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2015, 06:12:56 pm »

unvote

Probably just try to get through day 1 so I could convert people. So just basically doing everything I can not to be blamed. But everyone is trying to not be blamed so...
Is anyone doing that more than the rest, in your opinion? If you need me to narrow it down a bit, is anyone doing nothing but defend themselves, not attacking or questioning anyone?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2015, 07:42:51 pm »

Basically, yes. Though OSG said he wasnt gambiting, so that takes that out. I also find it unlikely OSG would think an RVS vote scummy, because that makes absolutely no sense. That leaves only him being cult. Thus, I find him scum by process of elimination.

I honestly can't see why OSG asking you to explain your random vote is scummy.
I dont think he was asking to explain it. He said himself it was a semi-serious vote, which implies that he thought it was scummy.
These two things contradict eachother.

Let me explain it again.

I thought that your RVS vote was more scummy than normal for 2 reasons: 1. It had no question or purpose for the player who got voted. 2. It just "happened" to be on the only player with a vote at that time. Makes it look like you want a quick lynch or something. However, my vote on you was just to make sure you answer my question, why. Why is it so difficult for you to believe that?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2015, 11:42:32 pm »

Let me explain it again.

I thought that your RVS vote was more scummy than normal for 2 reasons: 1. It had no question or purpose for the player who got voted. 2. It just "happened" to be on the only player with a vote at that time. Makes it look like you want a quick lynch or something. However, my vote on you was just to make sure you answer my question, why. Why is it so difficult for you to believe that?
1. I already said this, but what makes no question attached to an RVS vote scummy? Asking a stupid question like "Why are you scum" serves no purpose, and is the equivalent of no question at all.

2. If that was the case, why didnt you say so earlier? It seems like you are taking advantage of an idea set forth my zombie urist, and claiming it as your own.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2015, 05:00:07 am »

That's weird. I guess my connection died yesterday and didn't tell me. In any case, Generally, because it seems a lot more likely that he was testing the waters for a no-lynch than pure indecisiveness being to blame.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2015, 06:12:22 am »

Deus Asmoth what does testing the waters for a no lynch mean and why is it scummy?

zombie urist Peradon made a second vote on someone right at the start then OSG noticed it and started hounding on Peradon's tail. But I think the cultist would be more aware of what they were doing than that. They wouldn't just pointlessly vote on someone and hope no one notices. That why I don't think Peradon is the cultist. But it's possible that OSG is trying to seem like town by constantly being aggressive and look like he is hunting down a cultist. This is the reason why I feel indecisiveness because the two possible candidates have reasonably good arguments to say they are not cultists. I will search through the pages again and decide my vote soon.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2015, 06:24:08 am »

TheDarkStar
Simply because he didn't post much at all for the first few pages. Then when he does post he joins the bandwagon to lynch Peradon. This personally seems reasonably scummy for me.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 20, 2015, 07:44:14 am »

Let me explain it again.

1. I already said this, but what makes no question attached to an RVS vote scummy? Asking a stupid question like "Why are you scum" serves no purpose, and is the equivalent of no question at all.

2. If that was the case, why didnt you say so earlier? It seems like you are taking advantage of an idea set forth my zombie urist, and claiming it as your own.

Honestly, it was a combination of the two that made you look scummy enough to warrant a vote of pressure.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 20, 2015, 09:20:37 am »

GeMe: I mean that rather than say you think that no lynching was a good idea when asked about it, you said it wasn't a good idea while also presenting it in a positive light, as though you were hoping someone else would defend it so you could change your mind later. That's also why it's scummy.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22