Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: Cult Mafia 2 - Game Over! Cult victory!  (Read 34820 times)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Day 1: The Investigation Begins [9/9]
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2015, 11:03:53 am »

My thinking was that not lynching would have no benefits. But lynching is more likely to have Negative benefits for example you kill a town person. It wasn't that i was trying to say it wasn't a good idea but still show it in a positive light. I just forgot to put the negative bit down.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2015, 11:34:24 am »

Probably just try to get through day 1 so I could convert people. So just basically doing everything I can not to be blamed. But everyone is trying to not be blamed so...
Is anyone doing that more than the rest, in your opinion? If you need me to narrow it down a bit, is anyone doing nothing but defend themselves, not attacking or questioning anyone?
GeMe: Please answer my question.

Also, if a lynch hits town, it gives us info. It paints their interactions in a new light. Because re-reading what someone said knowing that they were town and acting as such. Furthermore, no lynching gives a 0 in 9 chance of hitting cult, rather than the usual 1 in 9. Slim as it may be, it is still better than no chance at all.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2015, 12:31:13 pm »

Gah... Ok, Unvote. What you're saying makes sense, and you havent changed reasons after several bouts of pressuring from me. Though I dont understand your reasoning completely, I dont think you're the cultist.

Also, guys, whats up with the sudden vote change to GeMe? Although he has done some scummy things, I think its mainly him being a newbie and not knowing exactly what to do. I dont lie it that you guys are changing votes so close to the deadline either, especially because we are now in a tie situation, between lynching me and GeMe.

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2015, 12:35:30 pm »

Actually, its a 3 way tie, between me, GeMe, and TDS....

Ok, I'm going to read back through the thread and see what I can gather...

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2015, 01:41:06 pm »

Ok, so right now, TDS and Teneb have been pretty lurky.

I dont like how Teneb has voted last minute like that, seemingly just wanting GeMe to answer a simple question. I would vote for him, but that wouldnt help the no-lynch situation here.

My second scumchoice would be TDS. Besides his lurking, his last post felt like a lazy post and vote. He also asked me to explain myself, but has yet to respond to my explanation.

Now I know, I'm voting last minute, but if I didnt it would be a no lynch....

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2015, 02:17:29 pm »

Ok, so right now, TDS and Teneb have been pretty lurky.

I dont like how Teneb has voted last minute like that, seemingly just wanting GeMe to answer a simple question. I would vote for him, but that wouldnt help the no-lynch situation here.

My second scumchoice would be TDS. Besides his lurking, his last post felt like a lazy post and vote. He also asked me to explain myself, but has yet to respond to my explanation.

Now I know, I'm voting last minute, but if I didnt it would be a no lynch....
I do agree with you that Taneb's last minute vote is highly suspicious and I do agree that Generally Me has only been making newbie mistakes (I've made several of them myself, like no-lynch) But I do think you should know that TDS gets on at certain points of the day, around 8:00 CT so you shouldn't vote him on lurking. That is probably also why he hasn't responded yet. @Peradon. I don't think you are cultist either, which is mostly a gut feeling, but I do value your questioning and open-mindedness as a town-ism. Since I should probably use my vote, I am going to vote Taneb for his vote on Generally me, and because of his questions regarding information on cultist. Seems like he wants advice or tips.

Here are some examples:
ZU: How soon do you think the cult will convert roo?

OSG: How will you determine who you are going to convert?
If you were the cultist, how would you play D1 or any other day in which you are alone and thus have no backup? Do you see anyone acting in a similar way to that?
Is anyone doing that more than the rest, in your opinion? If you need me to narrow it down a bit, is anyone doing nothing but defend themselves, not attacking or questioning anyone?

Keep in mind, these are parts of about 60% of his posts. Seems suspicious to me.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2015, 02:36:44 pm »

I don't think its Teneb. I don't think he needs help if he's scum. Also his posts are usually this small.

Generally me could be scum. But he's also new so I can kinda give him a pass for some of his behavior.

TDS is kinda scummy. I can see how he's just jumping off my posts on Peradon. I would be ok with his lynch but I still prefer Peradon at the moment.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2015, 02:41:32 pm »

Votecount:
- Peradon - zombie urist, TheDarkStar  (2)
- Teneb - origamiscienceguy (1)
- TheDarkStar - Tiruin, Generally me, Peradon (3)
- roo - (0)
- origamiscienceguy - (0)
- Generally me - Deus Asmoth, Teneb (2)
- Deus Asmoth - (0)
- Tiruin - (0)
- zombie urist - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: roo

Day ends at 2:40 PM PST May 20th, about two hours from now.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2015, 02:47:23 pm »

I would be ok with his lynch but I still prefer Peradon at the moment.
Could you explain why? I thought I explained satisfactorily enough why I did what I did.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2015, 03:09:52 pm »

Probably just try to get through day 1 so I could convert people. So just basically doing everything I can not to be blamed. But everyone is trying to not be blamed so...

Also, if a lynch hits town, it gives us info. It paints their interactions in a new light. Because re-reading what someone said knowing that they were town and acting as such. Furthermore, no lynching gives a 0 in 9 chance of hitting cult, rather than the usual 1 in 9. Slim as it may be, it is still better than no chance at all.
The reply I said to zombie urist was also meant for you. Sorry, I forgot to put your name in as well.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2015, 03:54:42 pm »

ZU, how is giving a weak answer to a question scummier than piggybacking off someone else's arguments (since that's the problem you gave when voting for Peradon)?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2015, 04:41:05 pm »

I'm going to show all of tanrb's posts and highlight every part that is questioning people about the cultist.

Teneb: Why are you the cult leader?
While it is understandable you assume I'm the leader, me being the awesome individual that I am, you are incorrect. I am not the cultist.

Also, Teneb.

My name does look good in red. That's nice to know.

ZU: How soon do you think the cult will convert roo?

OSG: How will you determine who you are going to convert?

As for my experience level, I doubt I could give you a good answer, much less a correct one in that regard.

I'm working on a text that needs to be delivered monday right now, so while I am keeping up with how the game is going, it's a bit hard to find time to get a post out. Thankfully it's a weekend. Still, the quote below caught my attention enough that I feel the need to comment on it.

zombie urist
You going to back that vote up with any argument? What did ZU do (or fail to do) to deserve that vote? Why do you think he should be lynched? Present a case.

unvote

Generally, for your first post, why ask if no-lynching is an option if you see no advantage in actually going through with it? For your second, what was your reasoning behind the question then?
My reasoning was that when voting you are more likely to kill friendly players than the cultist. But I thought about it and all it does is give the cultist an opportunity to convert people. So I now agree with you. Still don't know who to vote for though.
If you were the cultist, how would you play D1 or any other day in which you are alone and thus have no backup? Do you see anyone acting in a similar way to that?

unvote

Generally, for your first post, why ask if no-lynching is an option if you see no advantage in actually going through with it? For your second, what was your reasoning behind the question then?
My reasoning was that when voting you are more likely to kill friendly players than the cultist. But I thought about it and all it does is give the cultist an opportunity to convert people. So I now agree with you. Still don't know who to vote for though.

And that's all his posts. To me, that is an uncomfortably large amount. It seems like he is testing the playing field to try to get an idea of how different people would react to different strategies of his, so he can adjust his strategy accordingly. Does anybody else find this odd?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Night 1: No Pension Will Be Paid [8/9]
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2015, 04:53:16 pm »

As the day neared an end, ships were shuffled rapidly and wildly around the table.  By 2:40, votes were scattered across four people, and TheDarkStar was just barely in the lead.  Unfortunately, the standard US government investigative cleanup procedures operated under a first past the post system, and TheDarkStar's plurality was all necessary to ensure his permanent retirement.  Tiruin, Generally me, and Peradon grabbed him and held him still.

"No...no!  I didn't do anything wrong!  I swear!  It wasn't me!  Don't kill me!"

Calmly, roo drew his handgun, aimed, and fired one shot into TheDarkStar's head.  A thorough search of his body and quarters did not reveal the Mental Manipulation Device.

The remaining researchers retired to their quarters for the night, with roo taking TheDarkStar's old room.

Day 1 has ended!

Votecount:
- Peradon - zombie urist, TheDarkStar  (2)
- Teneb - origamiscienceguy (1)
- TheDarkStar - Tiruin, Generally me, Peradon (3)
- roo - (0)
- Generally me - Deus Asmoth, Teneb (2)
- Deus Asmoth - (0)
- Tiruin - (0)
- zombie urist - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: roo

TheDarkStar has retired from his position and gone on an extended vacation.  He was a vanilla townie.

Night 1 ends at 2:40 PM PST May 21st.  Please send in any actions before then.

Tiruin and roo have been prodded.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 05:07:57 pm by Jack A T »
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Day 2: Everything Seems Fine [8/9]
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2015, 04:39:54 pm »

All awoke soon enough and returned to their investigation, searching for the thief and now, potentially, for anyone who may have been a victim of the device.

Day 2 has begun!

Votecount:
- Peradon - (0)
- Teneb - (0)
- roo - (0)
- Generally me - (0)
- Deus Asmoth - (0)
- Tiruin - (0)
- zombie urist - (0)
No Lynch - (0)

Not voting: Everyone

Day 2 ends at 4:40 PM PST May 26th.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cult Mafia 2 - Day 2: Everything Seems Fine [8/9]
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2015, 05:05:19 pm »

Just so I can get an idea about how likely it is roo is still town, I would like everyone to answer this question.

Everyone, if you were the jailor, would you have protected roo? (be honest)

I myself would have.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22