Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: Dark Heresy IC  (Read 16998 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy IC
« Reply #195 on: August 15, 2015, 01:14:26 am »

Elodie watched in puzzlement as Gar vanished, then activated her com-bead.

"The metal man just left. I'm alone out here now, and I don't like it."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 15, 2015, 02:35:13 am »

Eizen is standing by, silently. Having to fight would be such a pain, but if Negotiations failed it looked imminent. Stupid negotiations.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 15, 2015, 03:23:14 am »

Elodie watched in puzzlement as Gar vanished, then activated her com-bead.

"The metal man just left. I'm alone out here now, and I don't like it."

Something else tunes in to the signal. The man who hacked in seems to be the courier from earlier. "Don't worry. That was another acolyte under Inquisitor Benedict. As many Mechanicus acolytes are being recalled to aid in a personal task for the Inquisitor." You hear faint buzzing. The courier is probably getting orders.

"We'll get reinforcements down to you soon. Emperor go with you."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 15, 2015, 03:45:46 pm »

"We do not desire to fight you, but my mistress has her own reasons to be here and refuse leaving." Tarkhal glanced expectantly at Tesera, waiting for her to get them out of that situation with her diplomatic skills.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 15, 2015, 04:17:50 pm »

"We of course understand that you are doing what you have sworn to do. And you are doing that job remarkably. However, you're employer is in a certain amount of danger. The terms of your oath involved the employer's protection, correct? We are the only ones with a chance of helping him, so therefore you must let us pass."

Charm roll.

((Edited because Cael reminded me of the type of world we're on.))
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:46:21 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2015, 05:45:25 pm »

Sanguina's hand drifted towards her chainblades's concealed place, but didn't quite touch it.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2015, 08:25:32 pm »

(Charm: 30+10-10+5/79) (5 DoF) (Willpower: 31-10/62) (5 DoF) (Tie-breaker: Heads) (Tesera wins!)

The bounty hunter's face contorts as he analyzes what would be within his oath to do. "Fine. Follow me."

The bounty hunter and the servant take the acolytes up to the top floor, stopping at the double-doors of what you'd assume to be Lans Guljian's study. The servant knocks. No answer. He knocks again. You hear a distinct slumping and thumping, as if something heavy fell. Then, you hear a blood-curdling scream from inside.

Wasting no time, the servant fumbles with the keys. Impatiently, the bounty hunter kicks the door open. Inside is a scene of horror: embossed books and fine quills are strewn haphazardly, while parchment, ink and a lamp have been knocked from the desk, leaving only a small black orb atop it. On the floor is a man in shredded finery, screaming and babbling incoherently, clawing at his face. His lips are ruptured, his cheeks are torn. On the floor you see a bloody mail-opener, and two mutilated whit globs: his eyes.

Rolling for fear:
Tesera: 30/47 (2 DoF) (-10 penalty to tests that require concentration)
Eizen:  52/48 (2 DoS)
Tarkhal: 35/3 (4 DoS)
Aelia: 35/84 (6 DoF) (-10 penalty to tests that require concentration. 5 Insanity Points added.)

The servant begins screaming and calling for the chirurgeon. More servants rush in, curious, but quickly regret their decision. They begin crying and retching, becoming hysterical. Most begin doing the aquila and praying to the Emperor. You notice one maid looting valuables. The bodyguard, visibly shocked, stand idly, hands shaking.

Lans continues to claw at the empty voids where his eyes once were. "I CAN'T STOP SEEING IT!"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 15, 2015, 10:38:55 pm »

What caused this? Where was it?

Eizen attempts a Psyniscience test.
The circle is complete.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 16, 2015, 12:50:01 am »

The scene seemed less gruesome than the aftermath of a fight against a hull ghast, though the scribe performed the aquila out of habit. Keeping his wits about him after a moment of surprise, Tarkhal turned to the bodyguard and the servant that had allowed them in. "Prevent anyone else from coming here and seeing this! And answer me: did anyone arrive before us and talk to him?"

His attention was then brought to Aelia, who he approached after noticing she seemed to have been hit by the scene. "We need your medical expertise now."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2015, 02:36:34 am »

Eizen opens his mind to the Warp, probing for the location where the veil of reality has been torn.

(Psyniscience: 35/5) (4 DoS)

The taint of the Warp is strong, and it leads directly to the black orb that stands alone on the noble's desk. It reeks of xeno manufacture, and you can faintly see and hear what Lans is probably experiencing, but thankfully you block off your mind before it attacks.

((Does Aelia want to re-roll her Fear test with a Fate Point?))
Dying of laughter?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2015, 03:12:47 am »

((Yeah, I said I wanted to reroll. ))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2015, 03:31:23 am »

(Fear: 30+10/48) (1 DoF)

You still get the -10 penalty, but you don't get those Insanity Points now.
Dying of laughter?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 17, 2015, 04:34:26 am »

Eizen whispers in Tarkhal and Tesera's ears.

"It's the orb. Xenotech, and warp taint. Be careful."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 02:31:08 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 18, 2015, 12:26:44 am »

"We can deal with that after we try to stabilize and save the noble, unless you feel the thing is still actively influencing him or any of us right now." Tarkhal whispered in a hurry before taking a moment to think and add: "Is it? Because I doubt shooting at it will make things any better."
>Yes?

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 18, 2015, 01:45:04 am »

Volc trots down the street, skidding to a halt when he sees Elodie and the speeder. He looks exactly like a soldier trying not to look like one, and thus could convincingly pass for a noble's private security.

"Volc De Soult at your service Ma'am. You are a member of the group concerned for Mr. Guljian? Our, sorry my employer has sent me to wish him well." He says, repressing the urge to salute as he does so.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20