Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: Dark Heresy IC  (Read 17003 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy IC
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2015, 07:08:51 am »

Charm roll: 30+10(Fate point)+20 = 87 Fail. 3 DoF.

The servant seems unmoved by Tesera's chilly words, but the glares of six important-looking and dangerous nobles are enough to shatter any form of resistance left. The words of Tarkhal seem to hurt the servant; not make him fearful, but sincerely hurt. The servant is drowning in sweat, teeth chattering quietly. He looks down at his feet.

"I-if you give me a reason, any reason, to let you in, then I am within my oath to allow you. Please, all I do is to serve my master and fulfill my oath."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2015, 04:59:47 pm »

"The information we have is that your master is at great risk, and despite the fact he has not left his room for so long you refuse to see the obvious. This has happened to other members of nobility in this Hive, so how about the reason that your master may be dying right this instant and we might yet save him from doom?" Tarkhal replied.

Being that mean wasn't the usual for him, but the team had a mission and seeing it done meant doing what was necessary at the time. Besides, the scribe wasn't using half truths there; judging by the information given to them Guljian could be dead already in case the servant hadn't heard from him in a while. And in case the nobleman was still alive, there was little doubt something would be very wrong with him.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 29, 2015, 05:56:39 am »

"Fine. Come in." The gate opens and the servant beckons for the warband to follow him.

The inside of the manor is as decrepit and downtrodden as the exterior. A handful of servants scuttle about, trying to make due with what little tools that still work, and salvage things that have long been broken. Many paintings are placed along the walls, presumably of other Masters of Gul'jian from long ago. The servant leads you up a flight of stairs.

Leaning on the railings of the second floor is a heavily-muscled and just as heavily-scarred man, visibly armed and deathly silent. He is presumably Gul'jian's bodyguard. He never takes his eyes off the warband for too long, sizing up each and every member for potential threats to his master.

You are allowed inside the lobby, a circular room with lofty chairs and sofas, some tables with bottles of amasec, and strewn bits of paper. The servant has you make yourselves comfortable.

"Please, enjoy yourselves. I will go and see my master."

The servant disappears out the door and into the dark manor, his footsteps fading as he ascends to the third floor. What do you do now?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 29, 2015, 06:00:06 am »

"All there is to do is go see him, I suppose." Tesera says, keeping her tone all high and mighty. The others can see that this is for the benefit of any cameras or other listening devices, and is in fact a question.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 29, 2015, 11:44:57 am »

Tarkhal nodded in solemn agreement, his hooded head moving up and down. "Affirmative, milady. As soon this household's servant returns I am sure he will lead us to his master. He may yet be saved by our efforts and we will discover what manner of malady was responsible for his suffering."

Truth be told, the scribe had his doubts about the nobleman's survival; there were signs the man might have sought trouble and he supposed even a nobleman couldn't get away with heresy. Still, it was a possibility, and gaining a noble ally in Guljian in case the man could be saved would certainly be a treat.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 29, 2015, 11:50:45 am »

The Sister didn't sit down, the chairs seeming rather grungy. She instead paced about, looking at the pieces of paper.
"I would be ready for trouble." she murmured to the others and fell silent again.
She had her bodysuit and her chainblade, both hopefully unnoticed, for her own protection, but even so, she felt slightly on edge.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 29, 2015, 02:00:17 pm »

"An interesting structure, this. Probally needs tons of repair."
Gar starts scanning the speeder, checking that nothing has been added that would prove... interesting.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:42:07 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 30, 2015, 02:29:57 am »

Aelia picks up the scattered papers and reads them. Many are business notes. Some are too crumpled and torn to be read. A few are some mad ramblings of some far away place, with hastily drawn pictures. You're not quite sure what the pictures are of.

Outside, Aseaheru begins to scan the speeder. Nothing seems to be out of the ordinary.

After a good half-hour, the servant returns. The man looks visibly disturbed. "Please. You have to leave. Right now."
Dying of laughter?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 30, 2015, 07:00:43 am »

"I'm afraid I need more reason than 'a servant said so'."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 30, 2015, 07:05:47 am »

"I'm begging you to leave."

The bounty hunter steps next to the servant, hand on the handle.
Dying of laughter?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 30, 2015, 10:09:04 am »

Tesera gestures to light one of the Braziers of Saint Roberto "I am Tesera Casis, noble of the Casis line and priestess of the Emperor's Ministorum. You have no power over me. Why do you want me to leave?"
Sigtext!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 30, 2015, 10:11:44 am »

Taking the cue, Tarkhal moved to Tesera's back and carefully lit the brazier of Saint Roberto attached there. There was a degree of solemn ritual as he prepared the metallic support, pushing it up so it would feature prominently and shoot its incandescent rays over all nearby, projecting shadows under the priestess and making her appear larger than she was on top of her already above-average height.

"You may follow oaths." The scribe moved forward and performed the aquila once again after it was all done. "Will you dare draw a weapon against my mistress, knowing of her birth and power? I ask of you: tell us what has happened and let us pass."
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
>Yes?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 31, 2015, 12:37:52 am »

Out at the speeder, Elodie kept a watchful eye out for any signs of trouble.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 01, 2015, 10:16:48 am »

Subtly, Aelia moved to the side - if combat broke out she'd both be out of the way of shooting and be flanking the attackers.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2015, 12:55:17 am »

The servant is whimpering now. The bodyguard moves into the room, towering over everyone. His weapons are visibly displayed, ready to be drawn as soon as the acolytes present immediate threat. A hand-cannon and a chainsaw hang threateningly from his belt. On his chest is his bounty hunter license.

"We asked nicely. We can ask in another way, if you like."

Meanwhile, outside, a robed man approaches Gar, whispers something in binary, and walks away inconspicuously. Gar exits the land speeder and walks off in the opposite direction, leaving Elodie alone in the land speeder.
Dying of laughter?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20