Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: Dark Heresy IC  (Read 17000 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Heresy IC
« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2015, 10:19:23 am »

Elodie checked her autopistol and chainsword to make sure that they were fully charged and ready to go, strapped her new knife into a sheath for easy access, and slung her sniper rifle over her shoulder. That last one would stay in the land speeder while they were at the manse...unless it was needed.

"I am ready to go. I will take the front passenger seat again, in case anyone watching took note of the seating order on our way here."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2015, 02:21:49 pm »

"Recognized understood and noted." Tarkhal replied to Elodie, also already in his new scribe's cloak and prepared to go. He proceeded to round up and make sure the rest of his companions were ready to move on before fetching the speeder.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2015, 02:24:47 pm »

Tesera is ready, already getting back into character as she exits her room and makes for the land speeder.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2015, 02:25:25 pm »

Ready to go.
Leaving the carapace, chainsword and hand flamer in my backpack in the 'Speeder, and concealing the chainblade on my person so I appear to be unarmed.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2015, 03:32:04 pm »

Upon getting to the corridor and noticing what Gar was up to, Tarkhal pulled him aside and gave him the spare backpack. "Please stop carrying a box around."
"I personally find it far easier to retrieve parts from a box than from a rucksack, and parts are more likely to be damaged that way. Besides, almost nobody looks twice at a techpriest hauling around boxes of assorted tech, right? So, thank you but no thank you. Besides, I will probably simply leave the box in the speeder in future, sine just about the only times I will want the majority of the contents elsewhere is when I wish to be using them at that time."
 "However, I do concede that this does look more conspicuous than, say, a satchel, and will do my best to acquire one shortly. I wonder if this hive has a shopping system that I could order one from and have it delivered here... "
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2015, 04:06:51 pm »

Tarkhal stared at the tech-priest. He had noticed the other man was voidborn just like him, but that was no excuse for acting like... Well, that Gar was acting. That box-loving behavior was odd enough he had almost forgotten the theory the Mechanicus were onto him again.

Figuring the priest would be stubborn and recalcitrant, the scribe sighed. "Then we will do it this way. Despite the fact it looks strange, you can keep your box. On the other side, if it ever falls off the land speeder, you are warned we will not turn back and recover it. If it is stolen because it is exposed as opposed to being with you, then once again do not expect much in the way of help."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2015, 05:50:41 pm »

"Fair enough. And again, thank you for the offer."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2015, 11:08:48 pm »

Sigh. God damn Ecclessiarchs. Well, as long as she doesn't endanger our mission it should be fine.

Ready to go.
Leaving the whip behind (it's pointless). Wearing Chainsword, Laspistol and Flak Armor openly.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 23, 2015, 02:15:31 am »

The warband readies themselves and prepare to board the Land Speeder. Some lesser merchants ogle it from a distance, most probably tech-enthusiasts. Seeing the owners of the vehicle, they quickly fan out and return to dining on synth-meat and pseudo-wine. The warband embarks on the marvelous archaeotech machine and begin their drive to the Apex.

Reaching a checkpoint, the Sanctionaries stationed automatically assume you are of great importance due to your Land Speeder. Otherwise, you might have been stopped and questioned for attempting to go to the Apex. Inside, the massive windows actually show the outside of Desoleum; a barren wasteland, the atmosphere barely hiding the stars above, and a general bleakness that blankets the planet.

The desolate outlook is not something you would expect nobles to appreciate. It is more likely they enjoy staring out the windows not of its beauty (or lack thereof), but the mere fact that they and they alone are privileged to see Desoleum. Inside the Apex is a completely different picture. The plasteel and rockrete walls are definitely well-maintained (in relativity) and many shops consisting of three floors at the least abound on the streets, each selling designer clothes, chems and vanity trinkets.

Each noble looks like a set piece, complete with matching color schemes and styles. Their retainers are lesser versions, less grandiose, and less important. Not far behind each is a retinue from their personal armies. Mostly for show, you are sure. Looking skyward, the vanity and grandiosity only scale with the height.

Fortunately, Lans Guljian's manse, Hersenstatz Manor, is located right at the bottom of the Apex. Stopping right outside, you can tell the manor has seen better days. The glow-globes are almost all blank, with only a few flashing intermittently. The plasteel is rusting, and the paint is chipping off. The gate, though old, is still sturdy. A servant fearfully hides behind the gate, peeking out with one eye.

"Pardon, my lords, pardon. Master Guljian is not expecting anyone." 
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 23, 2015, 11:17:13 pm »

Since it seemed it fell upon him to continue the act, Tarkhal stared down at the servant's peeking eye from atop his advantage seat, floating a couple of meters off the ground on the skimmer. "Why have you not opened the gate yet? I assume your speech meant not you deny entrance. Dare you do so and use the name of your master without knowledge of your place and of the importance of your visitor? Let it be know our Mistress makes haste and brings with her capable retainers, informed of the embitterment and perils your Master suffers." he even moved the skimmer slightly to give the poor employee a better view of the landspeeder packed with sharply-dressed people and, more importantly, with the imposing figure of the group's "mistress".

The scribe then waited for a reply, or, even better, an opening gate. Any servant worth their salt would probably quake at the prospect of denying entrance to someone of importance after such an announcement, and in case it was necessary they always had Tesera's priestliness and high-born airs compounded on by her new, impressive appearance.
>Yes?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2015, 08:41:04 am »

Aelia remained silent, frowning at the servant as if she was annoyed by his actions.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2015, 07:52:32 pm »

"But my lord, Master Guljian has not left his room in four months. May I ask who sent you?"

The servant is definitely terrified, but normally a servant like him would have opened the door by now. There must be some other reason for him to not let you in.

EDIT: Fate points reset!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2015, 07:55:21 pm »

Eizen was looking fairly irritated.

If only I was strong enough to use those mind control powers that the higher level Psykers used, this would be over in a flash.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 25, 2015, 01:25:55 pm »

Tesera speaks up. "Get on with it and let me in. My business is with your master, not his servant." she says, her voice practically filled with annoyance and contempt.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 02:18:26 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2015, 01:28:39 pm »

"No, you may not, unless that happens to be your way of saying you desire to confront our Mistress. I am not a master, but a servant who knows his place; the answer you desire is of knowledge of our Mistress - be it a favor for a local or out of her own volition it matters not to me. Yet you make us wait. If we are denied entrance I see no option but to get to the conclusion you intend to break your oath to your Master, caring not about his reputation nor for his health." The scribe wished the servant would simply let them enter already.

Tarkhal was fairly good at throwing out words in elaborate ways, but when it came down to it he knew the ones better qualified to either smooth-talk or intimidate the group's way into the manse would be his companions. He wanted to keep talking to a minimum, but maybe if Tesera added an annoyed word of command things could get smoother, or at least quicker.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 05:32:34 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20