Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

Author Topic: Roll To Space Pirate. Rebooting a Pair of Boots and a Parrot. (Players wanted~)  (Read 60237 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Trying to come up with a good character concept and failing ;-;
Andres referencing DBZ has sapped all original thought from my brain.
If ya want help, pretty sure I have you on steam if you feel like chatting.

Spoiler: New Furry, Ho! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Furry Lore (click to show/hide)

Accepted, we already sorta talked about it~ Will add to main thing if you have no further additions. The MMI is basically what lets KX9 control the legions of drones that faff around any KX9 planet or system, some KX9 Genelines are more adapt at control than others.

The main reason I asked about the dyson spheres is because some stars are pretty darn bright and tend to be ejecting shells of high velocity material. I feel like constructing a sphere around those would be a trenendous undertaking, so there would still be a sense of technological progress in the universe. Universes where everything is solved tend to be boring.

If you accepted my sheet I'm basically finished since my character doesn't usually carry items around. They interfere with the noclip. If you don't reccomend going without items/equipment I could amp up the power level, but I intend most of my character's power to be focused in drones/constructs rather than herself.

I think the shapeshifting is pretty strong on its own though. Are you okay with me splitting up my nanites to create doppelgangers/illusions with no real strength?
Universes where everything is solved are boring. Very much so.

Your sheet is good. And yes I'm okay with other nanite swarms, so long as there is an abstract size limit for the total mass of the nanites, KX9 22's for example have the abstract size limit of about as large as a horse, they cannot get larger and the one time the KX9 removed the limit, it resulted in a planet being rendered barren.
She is capped by the border between insanity and power. She strives to increase her power but at the moment she can only control about 30kg of nanites. Her volume is much more variable, able to fill a room with lifelike images of people, but the clones cannot physically interact with objects and she herself becomes even weaker.

If she has access to suitable materials and a printer (she can't self replicate yet, still trying to evolve that ability...) she could theoretically build more Ghosts, but they would not be mentally connected to her. Is that okay?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile

I'm too lazy to bother changing anything, and I don't get on here enough anymore to bother making a serious character. Not that I've ever made a serious character, anyways. Aside from that one from Blitz's game. Go ahead and toss it on there, if that's alright.
Take a closer look at this text!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile

"Drones, I command thee: make me a sandwich!"
Black lives matter.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

I'm too lazy to bother changing anything, and I don't get on here enough anymore to bother making a serious character. Not that I've ever made a serious character, anyways. Aside from that one from Blitz's game. Go ahead and toss it on there, if that's alright.
Ah...which one was that? I ran a lot of games, so...
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

Character worked on. Still much left to do. Comments?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

If ya want help, pretty sure I have you on steam if you feel like chatting.

Accepted, we already sorta talked about it~ Will add to main thing if you have no further additions. The MMI is basically what lets KX9 control the legions of drones that faff around any KX9 planet or system, some KX9 Genelines are more adapt at control than others.

The main reason I asked about the dyson spheres is because some stars are pretty darn bright and tend to be ejecting shells of high velocity material. I feel like constructing a sphere around those would be a trenendous undertaking, so there would still be a sense of technological progress in the universe. Universes where everything is solved tend to be boring.

If you accepted my sheet I'm basically finished since my character doesn't usually carry items around. They interfere with the noclip. If you don't reccomend going without items/equipment I could amp up the power level, but I intend most of my character's power to be focused in drones/constructs rather than herself.

I think the shapeshifting is pretty strong on its own though. Are you okay with me splitting up my nanites to create doppelgangers/illusions with no real strength?
Universes where everything is solved are boring. Very much so.

Your sheet is good. And yes I'm okay with other nanite swarms, so long as there is an abstract size limit for the total mass of the nanites, KX9 22's for example have the abstract size limit of about as large as a horse, they cannot get larger and the one time the KX9 removed the limit, it resulted in a planet being rendered barren.
She is capped by the border between insanity and power. She strives to increase her power but at the moment she can only control about 30kg of nanites. Her volume is much more variable, able to fill a room with lifelike images of people, but the clones cannot physically interact with objects and she herself becomes even weaker.

If she has access to suitable materials and a printer (she can't self replicate yet, still trying to evolve that ability...) she could theoretically build more Ghosts, but they would not be mentally connected to her. Is that okay?
That works.

Will add.

Character worked on. Still much left to do. Comments?
Good so far, life expectancy is in the multi millennia on average for humans, memory occasionally has issue tho~ Brain isn't meant to hold multiple thousands of years of life. Given, this is mainly due to the KX9 making certain aspects of their genome commercially available several generations prior, but yah.

((There are advantages to re-using old characters, I generally only make new ones a couple times a year at most. though my standing roster is pretty huge. Even here, this is Kit's third game.

if you want, I'll pass you one:
Spoiler: Erin (click to show/hide)
naturally, such a character requires adapting to the current game's world, but it's a start.

to GM:

@ group-mind link - I was thinking Kit would be the result of an experiment, and that a groupmind linkup would be considered unsafe to have in a prototype hivenode (am I using that term right? would Kit qualify as such?), as well as invalidating part of the experiment due to contaminating the hivenode with groupmind content. I would however, now that I know that psionics are prevalent, like to add a generic psionics augment, one intended for flexibility and training the user in the use of psionics as a whole. kinda a generic "do-all" psionic chip that doesn't do anything in particular very well, but can handle most tasks given enough time and effort. added to see how well the kitten hivenode could handle such a thing.

oh, and she is still kittens by the way, her aging process has been slowed down to avoid having the experiment end before enough data had been gathered, but even so she is still very young. I'm going to be counting on you to explain how she runs into the rest of the cast, and her being a stowaway or escapee or whatever is perfectly fine with me.

is all that ok?
The minor psionic amp implant works, If you're using node rather than unit as the term, then it's most likely a Kirvëk creation, and if they're testing how a hivemind of cats works, they wouldn't contaminate it. KX9 would be more likely to give it a groupmind uplink regardless cause someone probably wants to talk to a catmindthing. This works if you don't have any other changes. Stranger things are in Sanctuary Station. Soooo you can easily enough just be another random xeno onstation.

PtW
Feel free to make a character~

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Black lives matter.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Very interested in this.
Will make a sheet ASAP.
thincake

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

PtW
JOIN THE FURRY UPRISING
Hah! Jokes on you! KX9 don't have to be furries!
That's what Kevak told me, anyway.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PtW
JOIN THE FURRY UPRISING
Culturally it's odd not to have the ears and tail, but they do not need them.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Somehow I find it likely that the vast majority of joiners wouldn't go for that look. Having to abandon their previous identity would be a major disincentive for joining.

For some reason I'm imagining the kitten thing as like the cat version of this.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Yo, any advice for making a character?
thincake

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

PtW
JOIN THE FURRY UPRISING
Culturally it's odd not to have the ears and tail, but they do not need them.
I know, I read your messages.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:45:41 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Below is my char. Im not going to miss all this like I did last time, ill tell ya for free! Also, alot of the things are without effects, because, well, I dont want to make anything too OP. Note, I made this thing two hours ago, and is only going up now because internet issues have passed. Im gonna be reading all the posts that have transpired since I wrote this up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is good. Seems like someone leaning towards going KX9 at some point in the nearish future based off the augs he has. Any additional changes before I add it to the list?

Spoiler: Nivian (click to show/hide)

I don't see why modern religions would have any problem with discovering aliens. The Catholic Church is the world's oldest institution (okay, maybe the Orthodox church is, I don't know), and it has survived every breakthrough in scientific understanding for the past two millennia. I'm no Catholic, but I find there is a disappointing lack of Space Catholics in my Space Pirate Fiction.
[/quote]Will add this if you have no additional changes.

This good? I balanced out the high melee combat skill and the gene mod with practically no equipment and few skills. The name is a shoutout. ;)
Will add if no additional changes.

Interested, making character.
also, wow people are posting fast.

Spoiler: Kit (click to show/hide)
Will add if no new changes.

Will add if no additional things to change.

Yo, any advice for making a character?
Feel free to ping me on steam if you need help. Or PM. Or skype, or pesterchum. Just find something that works~ Although preferably not pm due to the 20 pm's per hour limit.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37