Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: Agar.io cell MMO  (Read 101184 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Agar.io cell MMO
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2015, 09:02:06 pm »

Wre doin tips?

When you spawn, so long as you arent being chased and there are sufficient pellets you can collect them faster if you split to double dip.

36 mass, split, and you can make it to 100 by the time you coalesc if the gettin's good.

Also, each green spinner is worth 100 mass if you can handle the breakup (by being huge or alone or good).  Unless you are really big, one spinner will temporarily make you immune to other spindlies breaking you up, resulting in  potential for 500+ mass in 30 seconds.  I like to break into 3 parts large enough to engulf the spinners and use one to trigger the immunity.

Pedit:

Also consider ejecting your own mass at yourself if you are in pieces and somebody is chasing you for one smaller one.  Aim for the targeted piece.

PPedit:
dont quote me on this, but I think that you lose more mass to metabolism if you are one larger cell rather than several small ones.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 09:16:08 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2015, 09:15:44 pm »

2. They run around in front of you gobbling up the dots. I split for these guys, no exception, unless they've literally just spawned. And it works, I see the same people go out of their way to avoid me afterwards.

Do the dots actually do anything once you're no longer small? I don't seem to grow bigger or gain points from them once I'm no longer a babby blobby.

Also very interesting on the whole, getting popped makes you immune to getting popped. I've gota try that out.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2015, 09:20:15 pm »

I think they still increase your size, but at that point you are shrinking faster than you can grow from eating pellets, so you don't see a score increase (your score is your highest size attained, not your current size).
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2015, 09:27:01 pm »

I just finished a run as Potato where I got on top in US West. I kept falling behind after turtling for a while, I guess I didn't know about this metabolism stuff.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2015, 11:22:14 pm »

I just finished a run as Potato where I got on top in US West. I kept falling behind after turtling for a while, I guess I didn't know about this metabolism stuff.
Do the dots actually do anything once you're no longer small? I don't seem to grow bigger or gain points from them once I'm no longer a babby blobby.

Check the options, you can "show mass", making it way easier to tell those things.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2015, 11:23:59 pm »

By the way, the minimum size to launch bits of mass from yourself (with the 'w' key) is 32 mass.

If you stay small, you can zip around grabbing pellets, and when you achieve 32 mass inject that into spinners. Make a nice little spinner forest for yourself, and so long as nobody recognizes the immunity quality and gobbles them all up (or nobody can do so safely without risk to themselves/they're not dense enough to make it worth it), you're good. You're not going to get first place doing that, but if there are a smattering of spinners across one area, it could fall into disuse by larger blobs, and create a nice little nursery cubby.

Also, you can make an interesting game of luring fools to their deaths by hovering around larger blobs, or feed the blobs; sponsor your favorite giant! Or, better yet, wait for a chase between two roughly equally sized blobs, and inject mass into the smaller one. If you gauge it right, meaning you had enough mass on yourself as well, you can increase the mass of the prey by enough that the hunter ends up being absorbed. Or slow the prey's velocity at the worst possible moment and get them eaten.

The game needs to count survival time as well as highest mass. I'm too lazy to actually find my stopwatch app on my phone.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2015, 11:27:53 pm »

Posting to watch. I generally play on US West as Canada, though plenty of others do, as well.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2015, 11:37:44 pm »

I occasionally find a group of small blobs, eject some mass into their midst. And they all swarm it, then I split into them and absorb most of them.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2015, 04:15:33 am »

I usually play as Urist on Europe.

It's fun to make yourself barely smaller than a spikeball and then hiding under one. All these small blobs accidentally killing themselves while trying to run from something. It's glorious.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

dorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2015, 07:36:00 am »

Is this from the same maker as (now defunct) voar.io? The style seems similar.

Also, I love this developer's games and I want to follow him/her, but s/he is quite mysterious and hidden.
At least they have an official reddit
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:38:51 am by dorf »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2015, 08:30:41 am »

By the way, the minimum size to launch bits of mass from yourself (with the 'w' key) is 32 mass.

If you stay small, you can zip around grabbing pellets, and when you achieve 32 mass inject that into spinners. Make a nice little spinner forest for yourself, and so long as nobody recognizes the immunity quality and gobbles them all up (or nobody can do so safely without risk to themselves/they're not dense enough to make it worth it), you're good. You're not going to get first place doing that, but if there are a smattering of spinners across one area, it could fall into disuse by larger blobs, and create a nice little nursery cubby.

Also, you can make an interesting game of luring fools to their deaths by hovering around larger blobs, or feed the blobs; sponsor your favorite giant! Or, better yet, wait for a chase between two roughly equally sized blobs, and inject mass into the smaller one. If you gauge it right, meaning you had enough mass on yourself as well, you can increase the mass of the prey by enough that the hunter ends up being absorbed. Or slow the prey's velocity at the worst possible moment and get them eaten.

The game needs to count survival time as well as highest mass. I'm too lazy to actually find my stopwatch app on my phone.
I was trying to make friends and saw a small dude almost getting eaten by a slightly larger dude that was in two parts.
I was in two parts myself and thus shot two mass pellets. It was close, but the small dude won and became like a third of my size very quickly.

Also tried to make peace with somebody my size by throwing him a pellet, he threw it back :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2015, 08:33:55 am »

Exchanging pellets is basically a agar.io high-five.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2015, 08:42:32 am »

Yeah, pellet exchange is a sign of thanks - it's good manners for example to feed a few to someone who spikeballed someone near, giving you free food IMO. And if you get big enough, sometimes blobs start feeding you pellets to placate you.

Also, I've noticed a big difference between US East and Europe servers - the two I play on. US seems to favour a much faster style - I can get onto the leaderboard pretty quickly usually. On Europe it takes absolutely ages, and everyone plays very cautiously.

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 06, 2015, 09:13:32 am »

Oh yes, U.S. leaderboards usually completely overturn every couple minutes. It's nice, in a way, since you can claw your way up quickly and then play safe to stay there.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2015, 09:29:52 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A new personal record for me. I got there by raising to number four in the normal fasion, then eating numbers 3 2 and 1 in quick succession. Also the longest I've held first place. After I achieved this I entered a war with number two there, Taiwan, for a very very long time. With occasionally other challengers rising to the fray, most of them got beaten back down, but one of them, Taiwan2, lasted a while. I managed to beat him every time we met, often absorbing parts of him, but never managing to finish him off, and over the course of our fight, even though I stayed first place, we both got ravaged to under 3000 mass. In the end though the game started lagging, I lost control, and the next things I knew I was dead :/ A pretty inglorious end to a glorious fight.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 09:33:37 am by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22