Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Agar.io cell MMO  (Read 101168 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Agar.io cell MMO
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2015, 03:19:03 pm »

Spoiler: my best?  I think (click to show/hide)

To stay on top you gotta keep eating.  It isnt about going after the biggest dude you can, but taking what you can when you can get away with it.  Of course there isn't a rel point in endangering yourself going after a small 50mass dude when you have 3000 yourself, but this game is about tradeoffs between defense and growth.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2015, 03:32:55 pm »

I don't often get to the top in game unfortunately. :( I DO however have a penchant for surviving and regaining my strength repeatedly. Played for almost an hour of coming and going from 6th place because I had to keep doing rapid splits to avoid the top 2 players trying to eat me.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2015, 04:21:17 pm »

This has happened several times
I'll be about the size of the spike balls and I'll hide in one because a giant player is passing by and another smaller player rushes to hide and kills himself running into me and forces me out of the ball.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 06, 2015, 05:36:11 pm »

It's gotten too laggy for me, close to a two second delay. :c

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 06, 2015, 05:39:12 pm »

Spikeballing a cell bigger than me and eating all of it is incredibly mean, and by extension, incredibly satisfying. This game is bringing out a horrible monstrous side in me that even DF couldn't touch.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2015, 06:36:47 pm »

I decided to play a different sort of game this time around. I called myself Jabhat al-Nusra (to increase edginess) and did nothing but feed the spikeballs, staying roughly equal to them in size so I could use them for protection. I actually managed to fill a decent portion of the map with them before I briefly lost connection and got moved to a different server. It got to the point where people would seek me out and try to kill me, but my agility and the masses of spikeballs meant that everyone was either too small to be a threat, too big to enter the area, or too slow to catch me.

It was hilarious, and I inspired some others to join the struggle, but I don't think I'm enough of an asshole to try it again.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 06, 2015, 07:31:27 pm »

Are we keeping a picture list? I have a few to contribute.

Well actually some of them are already on page 1

so there's:
Rome
Scotland
ISIS
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:48:04 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2015, 11:10:42 pm »

good golly gosh this game is addicting

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2015, 01:09:48 am »

I wonder if the #1 guy appreciated me continuously throwing pellets at him :P

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2015, 08:54:45 am »

Last night I had a 'pisskop sucks' guy and I know I spotted several people from another forum; who I ate cuz they're hippies.  Pisskopsucks and I traded top spots for a while.  That was fun; trailing huge pisskopsucks as tiny pisskop.

NEwho I've had this love affair with one 'I press W', where we started out giving each other 1 pellet, and then 2 to 1up each other, then 3 . . . Now I regularly dump all my pellets and/or suicide into them ;)

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2015, 09:53:40 am »

Got second place as ECHO ECHO.

Was being chased by the #1 guy, so I hid behind one of the spiky things, but a smaller guy used it against me. Which was stupid of him because we both got killed in the end.

But whatever, second place is good too.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2015, 11:44:56 am »

New personal record.

Spoiler: 9578 (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2015, 01:59:44 pm »

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:13:39 pm by penguinofhonor »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2015, 03:32:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

13127, another new record foe me, both in total mass and time spent in the number one slot. This time I lasted in first place for long I had to quit, so I fed myself to some random tiny (well, maybe not that tiny, when you're that big 500 size blobs and 3000 size blobs look roughly the same) blob (have fun little guy). Lots of tense moments to get up that high. Also the spike balls become very interesting when you're big enough that you can split into fourths and there is still literally no one who can eat you. I found it was possible, once I obtained my highest height, to basically eat spike balls with impunity. I cleared out a corner of the map of them and stayed there. Although I ate a lot of top listers, I eventually ran out of food willing to come to my area, and I shrunk down to a more reasonable size. Quite hard to actually stay big it seems. Maybe even harder then getting big.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22