Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: You are a Vampire  (Read 8462 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Vampire
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2015, 07:37:39 pm »

We have a whole jug. we took a single swig. Why don't we simply drink more of it?

If freshness is the problem, just tell the butcher we'd like something more fresh, and ask her where/when to get something freshly slaughtered. When you hangup a pig and cut its throat, there's more blood than we could possibly fit in our stomach, and they're unlikely to even charge us for it since it's a terrible nuisance and makes a huge mess and gets sticky and gross. Offering to take away some of the blood would be helpful more than anything else.

This. We can probably get a part-time job working for her. Primarily for slaughtering animals.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2015, 07:45:42 pm »

We better keep up The Masquerade for a while.

Which is more likely to break the masquerade, being seen buying fresh blood in a place where blood pudding is apparently a common thing, or being seen chasing down small animals, ripping off their heads and drinking from the carcasses like hamster bottles?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2015, 07:50:51 pm »

We are wanderers. We don't need no part time job. We can feed on people, and move on to the next town before anybody can point a finger at us.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2015, 07:59:03 pm »

We are wanderers. We don't need no part time job. We can feed on people, and move on to the next town before anybody can point a finger at us.

Our travelling companions are still here. Might as well until they're about to pack up and leave.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2015, 08:12:10 pm »

Remember what we know about vampires in the lore.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2015, 09:34:00 pm »

Remember what we know about vampires in the lore.

This. And go hunt small animals  or something.

Also recall how we became a vampire, and who knows about it?

Estimate how are friends would react.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2015, 09:46:13 pm »

We became a vampire when we desecrated a shrine.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2015, 09:35:35 am »

You take another deep draught of the blood, staving off the thirst a little, and are shocked to find that it is almost empty.  You stow it in a pocket for later.  You muse to yourself about what you know of vampires from stories, and how your friends might react to news of your change.

"Hrm.  Well, first up, vampires are killed by sunlight.  That's right out.  I guess maybe the sun is a little bright, but not much more than usual.  Maybe being a vampire gives you night vision, though as a kobold I guess that's pretty redundant.  What else, drinking blood seems accurate, haven't exposed myself to any holy symbols, don't know if I can walk into someone's house uninvited - the shops and taverns seem fine. They live forever, but no practical way to test that.  Super strength and speed?"

You pick up a pebble and try to crush it.  No effect.  Trying to run really fast along the alleyway doesn't produce any noticeable effect either.

"Nnnope, definitely lacking in the special powers department, looks like it's just this mind-consuming bloodlust.  Crap.  Anything else?  Oh yes, they kill thousands of people.  That's the one everyone knows.  So maybe my friends wouldn't react quite so well to that news after all."

You don't know.  Maybe they would accept it?  How can you tell them, though, when even you don't know quite what you are?  You wipe the blood from your lips and return to the butcher's.  She looks up as you arrive.

"Say, for next time I'm looking to make some pudding, what's my best bet for finding a freshly slaughtered animal?"

"Well, there's no slaughterhouse around here, so apart from when I kill a fresh pig your best bet would be finding a farmer looking to slaughter a lamb and ask him to save you some - unless you're planning on buying the whole lamb off him, in which case I guess he'd do it then.  Be more of a case of if you were planning a roast or somesuch, a bit out of your likely price range."

"Thank you."

"Alright, then.  Keeper guide you."  She nods and gets back to disjointing a foreleg.

You step back out onto the street and consider your options.  The fair isn't far away, but you could also go hunting in the woods for a fresh animal to kill.  If you do that, it will likely take up the rest of the afternoon.  Where to now?

Spoiler: Khala (click to show/hide)
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2015, 09:50:51 am »

I recommend completely draining the jug. The blood isn't going to get any fresher after all.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2015, 11:00:55 am »

Hit up the fair. We can earn money, and keep our eyes open for drunks, small pets, and other easy victims we can go after later.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2015, 11:08:06 am »

Hit up the fair. We can earn money, and keep our eyes open for drunks, small pets, and other easy victims we can go after later.
+1
Dying of laughter?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2015, 12:38:44 pm »

Not eating people is the easiest way to not get lynched. Pet's are a maybe.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2015, 01:25:54 pm »

+1
+1

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2015, 02:41:58 pm »

+1
+1
+1

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2015, 04:31:03 pm »

+1
+1
+1
+1 also finish off the blood
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9